A thought on edging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought on edging

I just had a thought I wanted to share. I have no evidence for anything but figured I'd see what people think:

Relating edging to working out, if you were to lift every day with a low weight, you won't accomplish much. But if you work hard just 2 or 3 days per week you'll make some progress. When it comes to edging, where the idea is to desensitize, I wonder if doing a lot of work over a short time would be better than work that's spaced out. So maybe edging twice in one day, once a week, would be more useful than edging 3 times in a week with days in between. Just as example. Since you are more desensitized that second time that day. Or I know if I do 2 or 3 days in a row I am more desensitized, so maybe that would be something to aim for (which I never do; I only did that with real sex, when I had a gf).

The counter argument that I see is that if you want to get used to the sensitivity, then the times when you are less sensitive will help you less. In which case edging too often has diminishing returns.

Maybe neither is true. Just a thought.

I edged every day, and when I had a bad session in the morning, then I would do a 2nd session that night. I would be surprised if I would have made such quick progress if I was only edging 2 or 3 times a week.

I will say that after a few months of daily edging along with learning RKs, and doing all the stretches, massage, breathing, etc - I ramped down to edging about 3 or 4 times a week. And now, 6 months into this, I edge only 1 or 2 times per week. Once I figured out how to have sex the right way and my pelvic floor is loose, I don’t need that much to sustain the gains.

Comment

Not necessarily. If your goal is to desensitize then going for a minimum of 4-5 times per week spread out through the week would be best. Think of a teenager who masturbates multiple times a day, he becomes desensitized and can end up with delayed ejaculation after years of this because he does it often and everyday. If he was to do it 2-5 times but only one day a week then he would be unlikely to become desensitized.

I only edge 2 times per week now but I'm doing it mostly for the improvement of orgasms and control and I also believe it helps with gains. I have explosive orgasms if I ejaculated after a week with only 2 sessions of edging.
      Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
      Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

Comment

Depends on why you edge. If for stamina, then I am a strong believer that more intensity is needed and a stronger push to the PONR is needed for you to actually learn what causes your body to go over the edge. I edge to the extreme and ride it hard. I also think this method gives me a great pump and enhances or helps cement gains. If you merely edge for a length of time casually, then in my opinion, you are merely masturbating for a length of time and really are not edging. Edging for stamina and Pre-E training should be intense and really test yourself to learn what is needed to starve off the PONR.

Comment

Most forms of edging do not have the goal to desensitize .
          The exceptions are the deathgrip style forms .
          We have 2 threads current on this . Deathgrip and glans squeeze.

Comment

It's hard to know if I'm close enough to PONR for it to be considered edging. And I don't know if I'd say I'm trying to improve stamina, if that generally refers to the duration of the whole session. I'm trying to be able to get away from constant start/stop. Duration is fine, but I'm overly sensitive and have to stop too often.

One reason I had this thought is because I was with my (first) gf for 3 years. We had sex on average about every three days, but sometimes more, some less. I always made it last as long as possible which meant skirting the edge of PONR a lot. I don't know if anything ever changed, in terms of time before having to pause. So now that I'm single again, I just wonder if edging with a fleshlight every 3-ish days is going to be much different. The FL is a bit more intense than real sex, and with sex I had a condom so that helped a lot. I can't "have sex" with the FL as well as I could with her, there's far more stopping, so maybe I could get to a point of being as good with the FL, and thus better at actual sex, I just wonder if there's a strategy involved. Like maybe the desensitization you get from 2x per day or days back-to-back is actually causing permanent changes each time, which regular but not back-to-back edging doesn't.

Going a little off-topic -- with me, one of the main things is the FL is tight. On every away stroke I feel like the slight tug is what sends me closer to PONR. In fact if I just don't move the FL at all but apply just enough push away from em that I feel that tug, after a few seconds I have to rip the FL off cause it sends me to PONR. So the tightness is one thing the FL will help with (and my gf was a skinny asian so...)
            venom888
            Last edited by venom888; 03-22-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

There are numerous different stratagies used in edging for improved stamina . There are also numerous for other methods to improve stamina like pelvic floor training etc .

If you are trying to get to plateau edging then i believe there is a method explained in that thread.

Comment

Working...
              X