Quality of K’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of K’s

I’m curious if anyone has had a reduction in the quality of their K’s and how they got back on track. Over the last 6 month, my K’s aren’t as strong as they used to be.

My routine had consisted of K’s only and worked well for me. I worked my way up to doing 3 sets up to 10, 10 second hold, with 1-2 seconds between holds, and 1 minute between sets. I would hold the K as strong as I could. Some days felt stronger than others, but for the most part, most days were “good” days. I would do this workout every night within an hour or 2 timeframe.

This was really working well for me but lately I’ve felt a massive difference in the strength of my K’s and I can tell it’s effecting my stamina.

I’ve since added another 10 minute session of K’s that I do in the car on my way to work, hoping that would help build some strength back up. So far it hasn’t really helped as far as a can tell.

My last resort is going to be to stop K’s for a couple weeks and start over and work my way back up, but my stamina will go back to nothing in a matter of a couple days and I want to avoid that if at all possible.

Hopefully someone out there has some suggestions, any advice is appreciated!

Just a quick thought - do you think a kegel only routine may be the thing that is causing a decrease in your stamina? Many men who are training to overcome PreE do a reverse kegel only routine or one weighted to more RKs than kegels. Maybe try a balance of kegels, RKs, and pelvic floor stretching to get strong and flexible.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps the kegel only approach is what’s causing it. It worked good for two and a half years or so then stamina started declining. I did start mixing in RK’s about a week ago, so hopefully that will help. Time will tell. I need to look i to the stretching a little more as well. I want to get this under control again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockit111 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Perhaps the kegel only approach is what’s causing it. It worked good for two and a half years or so then stamina started declining. I did start mixing in RK’s about a week ago, so hopefully that will help. Time will tell. I need to look i to the stretching a little more as well. I want to get this under control again.
        Yes I would put in rk and/or stretches like hindi etc.

Comment

I’ve been doing rk’s every day now. I’m hoping to see some results in a couple weeks. I have started some stretching, too. I’ll post in a couple weeks if I see improvement in case anyone is experiencing something similar.

Comment

Working...
          X