no isolation for reverse kegel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no isolation for reverse kegel

The pelvic floor does not work in isolation, but rather as a system with three other core muscles: the respiratory diaphragm, transversus abdominus and multifidus. To isolate the pelvic floor addresses only one-fourth of the problem, or only one of four muscles that are synergistic in action. Think of a straw in a cup of liquid that you plug the top of as it is pulled out of the liquid. When you release the top, the liquid comes out. Atmospheric pressure is what holds the liquid in the straw, not necessarily the plug at the bottom of the straw. According to the work of Paul Hodges, core activation must first involve the deep stabilizers including the pelvic floor, transversus abdominus, diaphragm and multifidus. It is the timing and sequencing of the muscles, not strength, that is needed

The pelvic floor is tight, not weak, in most individuals with dysfunction. Physical therapist Rhonda Kotarinos describes this phenomenon as a "short pelvic floor" in her work on treating abdominal wall separation, known as diastasis recti. Doing Kegels or tightening a muscle that is already in a maximally contracted position, only makes the muscle tighter. So many individuals with pelvic floor dysfunction have myofascial trigger points, or spasmotic muscles that refer pain to a remote location. Many individuals I treat have dysfunctional muscles and I recommend Reverse Kegels instead. This means focusing on diaphragm breathing on the inhale to lengthen the muscle. My motto is lengthen before you strengthen. Once the muscle has its normal range of motion and length-tension, then Kegels are prescribed. If doing Kegels makes the problem worse, the exercise is postponed until the pelvic floor and/or other structures that pull on the pelvic floor are returned to normal tension and trigger points are abated.

Comment

Kegels are done incorrectly by many individuals. Since the diaphagm and pelvic floor work as a piston, the Kegel should occur on the EXHALE, with the diaphragm pulling the pelvic floor up, instead of down. Many individuals bear down or hold the breath, which is counterproductive and a waste of time. If the muscles are trained properly, then the timing and sequencing of the contraction happens automatically when lifting groceries, weights or during exercise, especially when involving impact such as jumping or running. To retrain the pelvic floor/ diaphragm piston, it is best to eliminate gravity and lie on your back (see diagram above). Perform 6- 10 repetitions at a time regularly throughout the day to train your muscles. It is important to note that the pelvic floor must be lengthened BEFORE it can be strengthened. Doing Kegels with tight and dysfunctional muscles is like doing bicep curls with weights and moving only a few degrees due to a stiff elbow. You are not really getting anywhere and it is time wasted trying to contract what is too tight. Other helpful hints to do Kegels correctly include:

Imagine your pelvic floor is a hammock and you are trying to draw the hammock up inside your body. Begin in a lying down position to eliminate gravity. Progress to a sitting position and eventually standing, where the pelvic floor is unsupported.

Imagine your pelvic floor is a horizontal elevator when lying on your back. At the end of the inhale, the muscle should be on the basement floor (towards your feet) and at the end of the exhale, on the 4th floor (towards your head). The pelvic floor should move up and down gradually, with each rhythmic breath, floor by floor.

Place your hand on your perineum, over a thin layer of clothing. As you exhale, you should feel your pelvic floor move away from your hand, or drawn inside your body.

Imagine you are stopping a stream of urine, as if giving a urine sample in a cup. Do NOT do this before urinating, however, or it will confuse your bladder and you will have urinary retention.

Imagine you are stopping gas or flatulence. One of the pelvic floor muscles is named levator ani since the anus is lifted with a pelvic floor contraction

Comment

result====1.dont do kegel during inhale
        2.dont do reverse kegel during exhale
        3.isolation is for kegel not reverse kegel
        4.dont push tooo hard for reverse kegel .it perform by diaphragm naturally if you do
        belly breath(go read meditative reverse kegel and p_zen method .guys with success
        just with breathing from belly

Comment

This sounds legit. Why are people ignoring this thread. Im pumping this up

Comment

Doesn't make sense, first you talk about how the correct way is by RK when exhaling but then in your "conclusion" you say dont do reverse kegel during exhale.

Comment

If i understand what red is saying, You inhale with a RK and exhale with a natural kegel. Dont mix the 2 up and your body will recondition the Pelvic floor and correct the malfunction of when our pf is tensing up always. Because many of us have a thigh PF because we don't relax it enough or have trained our bodies to kegel always, this helps rehabilitate a healthy Pelvic floor

Correct me if my interpretation is incorrect.
              My PE Thread
              4/5/19: BPEL 6' MEG 4.5'
              5/14/19: BPEL 6.45' MEG 4.75'
              Goal: BPEL 7.5' MEG 5.5'
              My PreE Thread

Comment

Some good points..
                An RK works for me inside out. It opens up until the outer layer. Downwards outwards 3D.
                When I started I could only activate parts of an RK. I then added on layers opening it seemed.
                25cm! Let's go!

Comment

this is about connecting between breath and rks
                  1.in sex do rk during inhaling and relax during exhale
                  2.in routine you can do rks in both inhaling and exhaling
                  3.during sex you can do rks during inhale but for push back ponr you should do hard (slight during sex can combine with breathing ...hard one on ponr to push it back and for hard one did not connect with inhale and exhale just push out hardly see james Monroe thread about learning irks please

Comment

hi to all
                    i want to say my success story about reverse kegel please read carefully and after finish it go to net and search about what i say
                    1.when i came to this forum read all of information about reverse kegel (all threads like imac p-zen minutesman and another) i saw many information but still confuse until .....bingoooooooooooooo i got it why people be confuse even with read alot about reverse kegel
                    i have theory
                    people are different ==learn different ==teach different too
                    i believe that every body in this froum want to help us and teach us to perform reverse kegel correctly but why we still confuse???becuase there is not thread that explain it completely and every one want to teach us like he learn but as i told you we are different and learn differently we need Scientific thread

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...mesmonroe.html

Comment

read above link.you will undrestand it .I promise

Comment

Remember to condition with light rk before doing hard rk .

Red I think you are going to be disapointed if you think you are going to clear all confusion re rk.

Comment

hi .I want to say this forum need one thread about rks that solve problems about it.I havent information to do this you can do it Pegasus .my friend

Comment

Originally posted by redbloodme View Post
                              result====1.dont do kegel during inhale
                              2.dont do reverse kegel during exhale
                              3.isolation is for kegel not reverse kegel
                              4.dont push tooo hard for reverse kegel .it perform by diaphragm naturally if you do
                              belly breath(go read meditative reverse kegel and p_zen method .guys with success
                              just with breathing from belly
                              could you please explain more ?

Comment

Working...
                              X