Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts, theories, and current strategy

Quick background
    - can have sex for 20+ minutes but have to pause every few strokes or else it'd end right away
    - have IKs with sex and peeing. Would definitely say I have a tight PF
    - can't do hindi squats, RKs, and other recommended things to loosen PF due to hemorrhoids that are very aggravated by this
    - have APT pretty bad -- gut sticks out to where I can't see my junk without leaning forward, and I'm skinny
    - been working on the APT, going to the gym 3x per week (2x with a personal trainer) + doing other exercises on my off days
    - glutes were definitely asleep, and have finally wakened up. core is still weak

The last few weeks I've been focusing on edging, trying to do this 4-5x per week (fleshlight). I have some observations I wanted to share.

1. My personal trainer has recommended me to do ball squeezes to strengthen my inner thighs. He knows nothing about any of this PreE stuff - I haven't mentioned it - but I believe the reason for these is for hip and knee stability (eg when doing lunges or step-ups, to help prevent my knee from wanting to buckle inward). Well, when I'm edging, if I get close to PONR and hold it, I feel a burn in the inner thighs exactly where I feel it when doing the ball squeeze exercise. It's safe to assume those muscles are weak, since my PT suggested it, and strengthening them seems like it might help with PreE. I also think these muscles are tight, as I feel tightness during "sex" (fleshlight) also, and if I do an inner thigh stretch, I feel the stretch before my legs are very open.

Conclusion: strengthen and stretch the inner thigh

2. My strategy right now is to use the FL on max tightness and very slowly, a few seconds per stroke. Mostly standing at my bedside and holding it on the bed. Then sometimes get myself to about a 9, where it feels like I can't move without cumming, and I just hold there, applying slight pressure either away from me (pulling the FL and my penis) or toward me (compressing it). The overall sensitivity of stroking is probably the biggest factor in getting closer to PONR but the pull and compression are important too:
    a) on the away stroke, I feel a pretty good stretch, as it's basically tugging me. (I think this part of the stroke sends me closer to PONR than the push.)
    b) On the inward stroke, the compression is also a trigger for PONR, and I have a theory related to this. When I'm getting close, and especially when I'm just holding it there with a slight pushing force, I not only feel sensation in my inner thighs but also in a circle around the base of my penis, in the surrounding tissue (ie around where your penis attaches to your abdomen; in the abdomen).

My theory about (b) is that these are little stabilizer muscles. If you stand on one leg, you'll feel a bunch of little muscles working to keep your leg straight and pointed straight down. The pressure of pushing your stiffened penis into something is a lot like the pressure of your body weight on your straightened leg. If you masturbate with your hand, you're not working those muscles which are keeping your penis straight and going in the right direction, because there's not a force that you're fighting against. I think regularly using the FL, standing up at the bedside, and focusing on time under tension (compression), will strengthen these muscles and improve performance.

I'll try this for a couple months and see. FL and ball squeeze.

I could be wrong here but thought I'd share.
    venom888
    Last edited by venom888; 09-17-2019, 07:18 PM.

Great to see another Pre E log. Definitely going to follow your process. Your plan looks solid. About the effect of strengthening the inner thighs, I don't know if that's related to PreE, as my inner thighs are probably pretty strong, but It can definitely not hurt. Have you tested the strenght of your pelvic floor? If you sit down and try to move one of your knees in the air while pushing against it with your hand you should feel it. I think it is standard to be able to stil move your knee upwards, regardless of how hard you push against it.
    ps. Stiff legged deadlifts (really focussing on the hinge) have been giving me like 6 days of muscle soreness, and I felt some weird (but good) feeling in my pelvic floor while doing them. For me this might be the best hamstring exercise for fixing my APT as well as relaxing my pelvic floor.
    Good luck on your journey though, and will definitely folllow you along.

Comment

Originally posted by ImPumped View Post
      Great to see another Pre E log. Definitely going to follow your process. Your plan looks solid. About the effect of strengthening the inner thighs, I don't know if that's related to PreE, as my inner thighs are probably pretty strong, but It can definitely not hurt. Have you tested the strenght of your pelvic floor? If you sit down and try to move one of your knees in the air while pushing against it with your hand you should feel it. I think it is standard to be able to stil move your knee upwards, regardless of how hard you push against it.
      ps. Stiff legged deadlifts (really focussing on the hinge) have been giving me like 6 days of muscle soreness, and I felt some weird (but good) feeling in my pelvic floor while doing them. For me this might be the best hamstring exercise for fixing my APT as well as relaxing my pelvic floor.
      Good luck on your journey though, and will definitely folllow you along.
      Regarding the leg lift while seated, that is more of testing the strenght of you hip flexors which attaches from your lower back to your leg bone (whatever it's called). The pelvic floor only acts as a pelvic stabilizer, it has no contribution to lifting the leg itself.

Similar to how sit-ups train the hip flexors more than the actual rectus abdominus.

+1 for them stiff leg deadlifts tho

Comment

About three weeks ago I thought I had a major breakthrough, but unfortunately it didn't last (no pun intended).

I've been regularly doing a certain stretch and was trying to determine what exactly I'm stretching, because I feel it in the ground/penis area. I ended up reading something that mentioned that your pelvis is where you tend to hold tension, much like your shoulders. I definitely feel like I'm holding tension in my groin pretty much 24/7. And I was brushing my teeth later that day and realized my shoulders were tensed and shrugged up, something that you don't really notice that you're doing but when you realize it and release that tension, it feels like such a weight lifted off. So, same with my penis I figured.

Next time I edged, I thought of this and would constantly "check" if I'm tensing my penis, and I was, and I would release the tension, like you release shoulder tension. It took a few tries, as I usually tense up with every stroke, I realized. When I release the tension I can feel my balls drop away a little, and if I'm on my back, feel it release above the groin toward my abdomen.

Once I released this tension I was able to hammer away at the fleshlight and get no closer to PONR. It was crazy, and... almost boring even (but wouldn't be with a partner). Couple positions, all ok. And it was such a different feeling, where I felt the external stimulus, but didn't feel anything internally, and realized I always do otherwise. Just tension.

A couple days later I tried again and it was harder to get to that point but I did. It also went away after a bit.

Since then, I've been trying but it's back to normal. With every stroke my penis contracts. My theory on this is that it may be an attempt to ensure rigidity. Not sure. But it's like I move a couple inches, notice I'm tensed up, release it, move a couple more inches, tense again. I can't get it to go away.

I think a lot of people here think about doing an outward push, like a light rk during sex? I did at least, when edging. It does counteract the contraction, but it doesn't get me to that zone. The goal is to feel nothing internally, neither contraction or expansion.

I believe that RKs work (for some) because it gets your muscle looser and relaxed. I try RKs some but I'm limited on this (see post #1). I'm hoping I can train myself to not be tense just mentally.

I am also working on physical aspects of this too. As mentioned in my first post, maintaining alternating compression and pulls on my penis, just with slight steady force from the fleshlight. This sends me toward PONR within several seconds; it's very challenging. My hope is this strengthens whatever muscles are resisting the force and will improve things over time.

I'm also trying to shift from thinking about leading with my penis when I thrust to glutes/elsewhere, because that may contribute to tensing the penis / trying to control and steady it, thus tensing. Maybe not, but just a thought.

Also just edging more often to try and help sensitivity. I rarely do the 3x/week I aim for.

Comment

Working...
        X