Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straining to much for reverse kegel. Anatomic problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straining to much for reverse kegel. Anatomic problem?

Hi All,

I have read extensively about RK but I can't help noticing I am straining too much in order to feel the stretch and can't find out why.

First of all, I find it easier if lying or sitting down than standing.
    Then I noticed that to push down the breath and to hold the stretch my abs must inevitably contract ( not saying that I am rock hard but they are definitely tighter than a normal breathing exercise situation). I have read that it's important to remain relax and not to strain but when I do the stretch I feel like I am holding a plank and even if I am stretching correctly I am definitely tighter in my core area..

Also to keep the hold say 10sec as per routine indication that means I must hold my breath ( I do the push while breathing in). Because as soon as I let my breath go and my belly goes back to the normal position I lose the stretch. Isn't the whole point of RK to be able to do it naturally while having sex?

Considering I am not breathing and with my core slightly tight for 10 sec I don't feel very relaxed in doing the hold.

Thank you

That's normal. Takes time to notice the distinctions.
    With breath and muscles assisted the RK pushes out more. But if you keep training you will be able to hold a slight RK when breathing out.
    Try different positions. Focus the RK to the back or front. Whole pelvic floor.
    25cm! Let's go!

Comment

read this
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...mesmonroe.html

Comment

Originally posted by redbloodme View Post

Thank you this was helpful indeed...So basically stretching the BC muscle must involve abs work as well

Comment

Originally posted by Douluz View Post
          Thank you this was helpful indeed...So basically stretching the BC muscle must involve abs work as well
          Exactly. I was under the impression for the longest that you shouldn't force it with abs. Now i believe that that is an acceptable start when learning the muscles and conditioning yourself to unlock the PF and progress with RKs. As you start to feel them more and can feel the drop, increase the time and intensity of your RKs.
          I use my abs all the time to intensify the stretch. Just have to make sure you don't tense your PF while you engage your abs to RK or that would be very counter intuitive.
          My PE Thread
          4/5/19: BPEL 6' MEG 4.5'
          5/14/19: BPEL 6.45' MEG 4.75'
          Goal: BPEL 7.5' MEG 5.5'
          My PreE Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ACPreE View Post
            Exactly. I was under the impression for the longest that you shouldn't force it with abs. Now i believe that that is an acceptable start when learning the muscles and conditioning yourself to unlock the PF and progress with RKs. As you start to feel them more and can feel the drop, increase the time and intensity of your RKs.
            I use my abs all the time to intensify the stretch. Just have to make sure you don't tense your PF while you engage your abs to RK or that would be very counter intuitive.
            Excuse my ignorance, what does PF stand for?

Comment

Pelvic Floor. There is a list somewhere in the stickies that will help with terminology if you get lost
              My PE Thread
              4/5/19: BPEL 6' MEG 4.5'
              5/14/19: BPEL 6.45' MEG 4.75'
              Goal: BPEL 7.5' MEG 5.5'
              My PreE Thread

Comment

Working...
              X