Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Just maybe

Hi all,
    So earlier this year I posted to the gym with Pre E issues. Have these issues gone , not completely but bear with me.
    So I have been diligent in my attempt to fix PreE , following the threads doing the exercises and definitely seeing some improvements but also dis- improvements. I started having some ED issues to compound my problems. During all this I’ve been particularly interested in the physical/postural Side of resolving my problems. My symptoms in postural terms have been low back pain, hip and groin pain and sciatica. I’ve went to physio’s/chiro/osteo’s and still the body pains would not go away. Supplements/ testosterone tests etc also didn’t help. Which brings me on to a new HOPE I’ve found. Travelled to a world renowned physio today to see one last time if I could find out what’s causing my issues and he very quickly honed in on my QL muscle. In my case my QL’s have atrophied causing the whole world of pain I feel daily. So it’s day 1 again for me . I’ve some exercises to do before my next visit on Wednesday with him (child’s pose and seated pigeon pose) I truly believe if I fix this and resolve the other postural issues I have then my issues with PreE and ED will go away. Fingers crossed anyway and good luck to all on their journey and keep trying 😉

QL muscle

Quadratus lumborum pain involves discomfort in the muscle that is located deep in the lower back on both sides of the spine. The quadratus lumborum muscle starts at the pelvis and runs up to the lowest rib.

Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Thanks for creating this informative thread!
      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Update - appointment 2 with physio

Ok so I went yesterday again to this renowned physio . He actually done a series of tests on my body. So the result of my tests were that in terms of core etc I am strong BUT he said I have a postural dysfunction. An observation he made was that even though my shoulders were level, my nipples were not aligned. When he looked further (via me reaching over an exercise ball), he could see that my rib cage on one side has completely dropped compared to the other.
        Outcome is that I have to correct this. I’ve been given some exercises to work on for a couple of weeks before a return visit. I really think I’m on to something now. And I know a lot of the guys on these forums have been keen to stress to people to fix your posture first and I think they are completely right

Comment

Originally posted by Pelvis View Post
          Ok so I went yesterday again to this renowned physio . He actually done a series of tests on my body. So the result of my tests were that in terms of core etc I am strong BUT he said I have a postural dysfunction. An observation he made was that even though my shoulders were level, my nipples were not aligned. When he looked further (via me reaching over an exercise ball), he could see that my rib cage on one side has completely dropped compared to the other.
          Outcome is that I have to correct this. I’ve been given some exercises to work on for a couple of weeks before a return visit. I really think I’m on to something now. And I know a lot of the guys on these forums have been keen to stress to people to fix your posture first and I think they are completely right
          Wow! What could have been the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony_gerio View Post
            Wow! What could have been the reason?
            Hard to know what directly caused it but most likely muscle imbalances started due to work posture etc then I added hard running on top of this over many years etc etc and the body most likely broke on me . Anyway I’m looking forward and not back from now on 😉

Comment

Visit number 3. So my exercises from last week where checked- he seems much happier with them. Actually mentioned to another physio whilst examining me that I was strong.
              He done an ultrasound on me. He mentioned that there is an issue on my left side with my inguinal ligament. He mentioned pectineus muscle and anterior superior iliac spine in the same sentence but being honest couldn’t grasp all the information in and how it all relates. I think I’m moving internally rotated all the time. Being honest not sure if this has anything to do with Pre E or pelvic floor but I’m sure if somethings off then it affects one’s posture as a whole. Anyway he gave me 2 stretches to do And do a short run every second day to hopefully remedy this - I’ve to go back in 10 days. Obviously if anyone has any insights please share. Just remembering on the scan he was able to show blood flow and nerve related info too and I think there was an impedance there too

Comment

Visit number 3. So my exercises from last week where checked- he seems much happier with them. Actually mentioned to another physio whilst examining me that I was strong.
                He done an ultrasound on me. He mentioned that there is an issue on my left side with my inguinal ligament. He mentioned pectineus muscle and anterior superior iliac spine in the same sentence but being honest couldn’t grasp all the information in and how it all relates. I think I’m moving internally rotated all the time. Being honest not sure if this has anything to do with Pre E or pelvic floor but I’m sure if somethings off then it affects one’s posture as a whole. Anyway he gave me 2 stretches to do And do a short run every second day to hopefully remedy this - I’ve to go back in 10 days. Obviously if anyone has any insights please share. Just remembering on the scan he was able to show blood flow and nerve related info too and I think there was an impedance there too
                So I had another visit. To summarise my main problem is very tight QL muscles which is causing a whole host of problems in my body. I have 2 stretching exercises to do but he told me it’ll probably be 6 months before I’m right.
                Now who knows will this impact Pre E or not but it attaches to the pelvis so I’m sure it will. Anyway -wish me luck and obviously if anyone has went through this and came out the other side then please give me any tips
                Thanks

Comment

Have you done any strength training to try to get your posterior muscles strong/balanced? I'm assuming you were prescribed some type of hip hinge type stretch.
                  1 inch at a time
                  GOAL: +1.5 BPEL, +1 MEG
                  Progress Log

Comment

Hi
                    Yes I’ve battled with this broken body for a few years now. I think I am on to something now. My pain in the left side specially is dissipating slowly but surely. My QL is very tight so I firstly release the muscle gentle with a hard ball. Then it’s stretching. Basically 90 90 hip position and lean forward . Then come up and reach to both sides. I also do a similar one arm reach over the exercise ball plus glute bridge exercises (1 where I reach across my body and touch the ground, the other on a skateboard, 1 leg bridge and move the leg on skateboard whilst holding the bridge). If you read up on the QL it’s apparent that it can cause a whole world of pain when it becomes tight/damaged. I’m hoping that when I fix this it will release tension in the pelvic area. My PIV at the moment is around 5 mins but I do have to be careful with thrusting as being honest this really pushes me over the edge quickly.
                    Being honest all I’m trying to achieve is no pain and just be able to thrust a little more

Comment

Hi
                      Yes I’ve battled with this broken body for a few years now. I think I am on to something now. My pain in the left side specially is dissipating slowly but surely. My QL is very tight so I firstly release the muscle gentle with a hard ball. Then it’s stretching. Basically 90 90 hip position and lean forward . Then come up and reach to both sides. I also do a similar one arm reach over the exercise ball plus glute bridge exercises (1 where I reach across my body and touch the ground, the other on a skateboard, 1 leg bridge and move the leg on skateboard whilst holding the bridge). If you read up on the QL it’s apparent that it can cause a whole world of pain when it becomes tight/damaged. I’m hoping that when I fix this it will release tension in the pelvic area. My PIV at the moment is around 5 mins but I do have to be careful with thrusting as being honest this really pushes me over the edge quickly.
                      Being honest all I’m trying to achieve is no pain and just be able to thrust a little more
                      Continue my daily work and trying to sort this QL out. Twice a day I release the muscle tension by rolling over a hard ball. I then do the stretches directly after it. I stretch this as often as I can. Running 4 times a week (just 5k) - stretching right after it. Last night before bed done a small 10 min yoga(https://www.calmmoment.com/wellbeing/5-best-yoga-poses-to-help-you-sleep-better-and-relax-at-bedtime/ )
                      Had sex then which went really well ,didn’t even think of PreE and the wife was the one who told me she was close and to get a move on. That was a nice feeling. Must try this routine again. Not out of the woods with this injury yet - supposedly very tricky to fix and it can take quite a while to sort out.

Comment

This sounds positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                          This sounds positive.
                          Thanks for the encouragement- much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement- much appreciated.
                            So I’ll continue updating this thread as I go along. Noticing really positive changes in the bedroom. Twice in a row now where my wife beat me to it and I could have easily kept going for longer. The QL muscle sucks when it gets chronically tight. Mine is still tight but I’m working real hard on changing it and there’s no doubt it’s making a difference

Comment

So I’ll continue updating this thread as I go along. Noticing really positive changes in the bedroom. Twice in a row now where my wife beat me to it and I could have easily kept going for longer. The QL muscle sucks when it gets chronically tight. Mine is still tight but I’m working real hard on changing it and there’s no doubt it’s making a difference
                              So continue to do the work. Had a massage the other night. He really got stuck into the trigger points in the QL muscle. Initially it was taking 20 secs for the trigger points to release - but after 1hr15 of work the points we’re releasing after 3-4 secs. Good signs. I felt and continue to feel much freer from it. In sex terms 2 occasions over the last few days. First one was a quickie - probably lasted 4 minutes or so but to be honest it suited us both. Last night had a few glasses of wine - and it went on much longer with some fast thrusting too. I know it’s probably the alcohol that helped but still this was great. Even with alcohol at times over the past few years I wouldn’t be able to thrust like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X