Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antidepressants for PE (Zoloft/Sertraline)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antidepressants for PE (Zoloft/Sertraline)

Has anyone tried this? I'm planning to make an appointment with my doctor to try it out. Online pharmacies like Roman and Hims are prescribing Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg/day to treat PE, with just a simple phone call with one of their rubber-stamp doctors. I'm going to talk to my actual doctor though, because antidepressants aren't a trivial thing (I was also already researching to see if it would make sense for me for some anxiety issues I have).

I read a study where they did a trial with two groups of men, giving the first group Zoloft and the second group a placebo. Then after a few weeks switched who got what. I believe it was about 80% of the men in both groups were cured while taking the medication, and then their PE came back after the stopped or got the placebo. Not just cured as in they lasted two minutes, but cured as in they lasted 15.

A small percent had issues with erections or loss of desire.
    In people who are taking these medicines for depression, without PE, I saw a lot of people complaining about not being able to orgasm at all.

After two years of trying daily stretches, working on my APT, etc, with little to no result, I'm ready to do this. Side effects can be hard the first couple of weeks, and you can't hardly drink alcohol while taking it, but I think it'd be worth it. (Especially since it'd also help me in other ways).

I think my issue is definitely physical, not mental, as my pf is tight, I have apt, etc, but there are definitely guys who have those same physical issues but no PE. I would still work on the stretches and stuff to hopefully solve the root problem as well. Or maybe physical and mental are both root problems, and the mental side is just not "seeable" to me (though I think I'm a pretty self-aware person).
    venom888
    Last edited by venom888; 11-12-2020, 03:57 PM.

So you did all this work so you tell me. Post a link to your log,

Comment

I haven't updated it in a while
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...h-summary.html

Comment

So you can't do hindi well due to hemeriods same rk have you been to a physio who does male pelvic floor ?

Comment

I posted an update in that other thread just now. I can't do RKs but I can do hindi now. I do a modified version, sitting on the ground, but it achieves the same thing. I don't do the regular version just because I can't stay balanced and it makes the backs of my feet hurt a lot (possibly from tight calves)

Have not seen a physio or talked to the dr about this at all really. I mentioned it briefly, telling him I was doing the stretches and stuff because I wanted to last longer, and he just said "you and everyone else"

Comment

I've been doing that modified hindi for probably close to a year now. Several months at least.

Comment

Given the apt and other issues a physio could also work on that is my advice.

Comment

By the way you realise that docs routinely fix hemorrhoid ?

Comment

I had internal ones removed. Unfortunately, while doing that, they actually caused the external ones that were not there before. External removal is not like internal. Internal is easy as cake, when they get it right. External is often regarded as one of the most painful surgery recoveries that there is. When they first caused my external one, it was thrombosed and the pain is like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. Pain that high does of morphine at the ER would not fix. Alternating high strength pain medicines every two hours, even overnight, for weeks. Was horrible. Hemorrhoidectomy is often that bad as well. My dr suggested I try my best to live with it than to do the surgery. Some people recover much better than that, but it's a spectrum. I'd rather not mess with it.
                  venom888
                  Last edited by venom888; 11-12-2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I was researching the antidepressant for social anxiety before I realized it also treats PE. So if it can cure both of my problems, that'd be great.

Comment

My understanding is external Hemorrhoidectomy is rather routine . If it is causeing you the amount of trouble you claim it should be considered . You seem to have built up some catastrophize around it as though it is the amputation of a leg or some such . A long talk to your doc re your fears etc and treatment options is warranted .

Comment

I tried Zoloft for a week on 50mg. I was prescribed it for my anxiety & depression but I knew it was meant to help PE which is one of the main reasons I took it although I am very anti big pharma. After my first dose I was straight away getting lots of random erections which is strange as I mostly read how Zoloft reduces libido and can cause ED. I would get lots of IK's and spasms, the erections would even keep me awake at night (although Zoloft gave me insomnia anyway). I tried edging on the first night and my control was no better than normal but EQ was high and I had a super intense orgasm. My ejaculations are usually weak and mostly dribbles out and sometimes shoots a bit but on Zoloft the force of the ejaculation was super strong and would go everywhere which I have never experienced before (can anyone explain this?). I had sex a couple times with my girlfriend and I still didn't have any control and I ejaculated very quickly but maybe slightly better than normal. I stopped taking it as I was having bad side effects and also didn't want to commit to having withdrawals if I was on it for too long and I was reading so many horror stories on reddit and in a facebook group I decided to quit. Since quitting my PE has been worse than ever. Yesterday when I had sex I still couldnt last more than a few seconds on the second round. I have read this is common when stopping AD's and should hopefully go back to normal soon (althought normal isn't much different as I can't last long at all). I can only last 5-10 minutes if I use Pau Tuen Tong balm a few hours before sex.

Comment

Originally posted by PYT View Post
                          I tried Zoloft for a week on 50mg. I was prescribed it for my anxiety & depression but I knew it was meant to help PE which is one of the main reasons I took it although I am very anti big pharma. After my first dose I was straight away getting lots of random erections which is strange as I mostly read how Zoloft reduces libido and can cause ED. I would get lots of IK's and spasms, the erections would even keep me awake at night (although Zoloft gave me insomnia anyway). I tried edging on the first night and my control was no better than normal but EQ was high and I had a super intense orgasm. My ejaculations are usually weak and mostly dribbles out and sometimes shoots a bit but on Zoloft the force of the ejaculation was super strong and would go everywhere which I have never experienced before (can anyone explain this?). I had sex a couple times with my girlfriend and I still didn't have any control and I ejaculated very quickly but maybe slightly better than normal. I stopped taking it as I was having bad side effects and also didn't want to commit to having withdrawals if I was on it for too long and I was reading so many horror stories on reddit and in a facebook group I decided to quit. Since quitting my PE has been worse than ever. Yesterday when I had sex I still couldnt last more than a few seconds on the second round. I have read this is common when stopping AD's and should hopefully go back to normal soon (althought normal isn't much different as I can't last long at all). I can only last 5-10 minutes if I use Pau Tuen Tong balm a few hours before sex.

I've read that Zoloft takes weeks to kick in. I doubt you'd notice a difference after a day or even a week. Also it's possible those side effects would have gone away after a couple of weeks, as I see a lot of people have effects (different ones) that last until their body adjusts. The studies I've read all do a follow-up after 4 weeks to determine efficacy and side effects.

I *think I'll be starting it Tues/Wed so I'll give updates

I'm anti taking medications as well, but I don't want to wait *another* 2 years to see if I can finally resolve this on my own, plus I want to eliminate the anxiety issue. I'm single now and I don't want PreE to come up at the onset of meeting someone new, so it's worth it to me just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by PYT View Post
                            how long before sex do you apply Pau Tuen Tong balm because i got it and it didnt help me at all applying it 3 hours before sex.

Comment

Originally posted by euhunter View Post
                              how long before sex do you apply Pau Tuen Tong balm because i got it and it didnt help me at all applying it 3 hours before sex.
                              About 3 hours. You could maybe try 6 hours before and then re-apply 3 hours before. It can be hit and miss but it's the best thing I have found so far. I hardly put on any at all as if you put on too much I have found it can cause EQ issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X