Started routine today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started routine today

Well, I always said I would start when things got less busy. In reality, that will be a very long time...

Until then, I have started doing 4 second kegels 5 minutes of the morning, and 5 minutes at night.

Haven't read up on reverse kegels yet, and to be honest I am not quite sure if I am exercising the correct muscle, but I'm giving it a go.

Well keep working!
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Hey guys, just dropping in with an update.

I've been doing kegels for this time, 4-6 second holds over a span of 2-4 minutes per night. I would like to do more but things have been so busy it hasn't been the most important part of my day.

With this being said, I can already feel a greater amount of control and strength within the muscles. When I clench them it feels much stronger, firmer, and I can hold it for a longer period of time.

Still think I have a bit of training to go before it makes a large impact of how long I last....still trying to figure out how I can use it at TPOR.

On a side note, and this may sound silly, but I have been thinking about the use of a "fleshligh" or similar device as a training tool. It seems kind of goofy and would have huge embarrassment potential. Has anyone used a similar device for training purposes?

Comment

I kegeled hard for a few months, didn't find it helped as much as I thought it would. The muscles already seemed pretty strong, after a few weeks I was able to do holds for a minute and up without it being much of an issue.

I read some threads and made a few educated guesses about my situation. I haven't over come PE, but please read if you feel you may have insight to offer.

After reading the thread about PFM imbalance I made the most important realization in regards to my PE yet. I constantly kegel during sex/masturbation. I have been doing this for years. I believe it has affected my knees as well. When I go through periods where I have sex and/or masturbate frequently my knees hurt. I believe it is because when I kegel I clench the muscles above my knees. My knowledge of macro physiological structures is very limited, so I have no idea how they relate. I just find they are heavily correlated...but I digress..

This realization of my frequent kegeling has caused me to devote more attention to the reverse kegel. I find that it somehow relaxes the clench that seems to expedite my orgasm. I am not very good at it, and have a hard time holding it while in movement (like when I'm having sex). Hard to practice this as sexual partners tend to not continue the relationship if sex lasts only for a few minutes.

I find that now, with attention to arousal levels, and the use of reverse and normal kegels my ability to control ejaculation has improved. Maybe not by a whole lot, but I actually have tools now, where as before I didn't.

Another thing to note, if I let myself get to close to TPONR a reverse kegel seems to have little effect. Strangely, the normal kegel seems to work here. I squeeze it hard, and when I think I can't get the muscles contracted, I hold on a bit more. I am able to hold off ejaculation this way (sometimes). Its difficult. Sometimes, it results in, what I would think is, a "dry" or retrograde orgasm. This can sometimes put me back to the start. If I could master this I may be onto something.

Otherwise, I try to keep a sense of homoeostasis by using normal kegels and reverse kegels in a way to maintain a fairly constant, enjoyable, and not in the red zone level of arousal. Kind of hard to explain. But I find that when I get a bit excited I'll slow down and reverse kegels. Seems to drain a bit of the blood from the penis and reduces stimulation. If I get below an acceptable level of arousal (unacceptable being not aroused enough to perform sex) I use the normal kegel and force blood into the penis. This seems to increase arousal level.

Trying to balance the two can be tough, it seems to take practice. Fortunately, you may say I have a true sense of love for the game ...so its not like I'm practicing differential equations!

By "back to the start" I mean it means my arousal level goes back to a similar state as when I first start sex or masturbation.

So, my goal now is to be able to isolate the muscles involved in the reverse kegel. As of now, I flex my abdominal muscles when I reverse kegel.

I look forward to any comments. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Be sure to take days off from your kegels, they need rest just like any other muscle and can be overworked and work against you. And if you have pre-e be sure to do 50% reverse kegels.

Comment

Originally posted by gish View Post
            Otherwise, I try to keep a sense of homoeostasis by using normal kegels and reverse kegels in a way to maintain a fairly constant, enjoyable, and not in the red zone level of arousal. Kind of hard to explain. But I find that when I get a bit excited I'll slow down and reverse kegels. Seems to drain a bit of the blood from the penis and reduces stimulation. If I get below an acceptable level of arousal (unacceptable being not aroused enough to perform sex) I use the normal kegel and force blood into the penis. This seems to increase arousal level.

I look forward to any comments. Thanks for reading.
            gish, Nice post; articulate and to the point.

That practices of which you speak is known as peaking and/or plateauing and are highly recommended arousal training techniques summarised throughly in Barbara Keesling's book "How To Make Love All Night". If you Google it you may find a PDF of it available as a download.

You are on the right track with the Reverse Kegel practice and for more info than you bargined for I recommend that you read through this thread: https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...lications.html You may also find some helpful arousal techniques here: https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...echniques.html, a good practice routine here: https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...-response.html and a read through the opening sticky can't be missed: https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...treatment.html

You are making nice progress putting the recommendations found here to practice and I encourage you to continue with regular consistant work. Your "Love for the Game" as you say can be your greatest asset.

A rep for your positive additude!

"If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." Henry Ford

All the best!
            OldRocker
            Last edited by OldRocker; 01-27-2012, 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Another update guys...

First off, thanks for the encouragement/links old rocker. I am swamped right now, but tomorrow night I plan an taking a few hours or so before bed and reading.

I've been practicing with reverse kegels a bit more. Bottom line...they work, progress is being made. The biggest challenge I found was RK with enough emphasis on the pelvic floor muscles and not the abdominal muscles. I still don't have them isolated the way I can isolate a normal kegel, but the ballooning feeling between the scrotum and anus is quite stronger now compared to a few weeks ago. Like I mentioned in my last post, still having difficulty doing it with the same amount of effectiveness while in motion, but its getting better.

Another thing I have done, which may seem a bit embarrassing but is worth mentioning, is I purchased a "male masturbator" sex toy. Its a bit closer to the feeling of a real vagina than my hand. With your hand, the pressure is pretty much localized to where ever your hand is while you "jerk it". In my experience, same is not true for a vagina. Any part of you that is inside has pressure applied.

From reading a variety of the posts in the forum, I personally believe to many people are putting an overall emphasis on their "routine", expecting that compliance to a routine will lead to results. Not saying that it won't, but I believe that doing a straight set of kegels has only been a part of my (small) success. Doing sets only really helped me identify, strengthen, and give a heightened physiological awareness of my PFMs. I believe that kegeling while masturbating/sex has been more important than the sets themselves.

Its like memorizing multiplication tables as a child, they were necessary as a set of tools which one could use, but on their own they did very little. Only with an understanding of how the principles of multiplication and division applied to real world phenomenon did they truly become useful.

Anyways...thanks for reading...and good luck guys!

Comment

Working...
              X