Reverse Kegels hurt my head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Kegels hurt my head!

Well. When I push out on a RK I feel pressure in my head and a few give me an ensuing headache! I dont really know how to explain it and that's why I'm posting this thread. Hopefully people out there know what I'm talking about and have some advice. It feels like I'm going to have a brain aneurysm! Not only is it uncomfortable but I fear I am going to hurt myself. HELP!
    Starting: BPEL 6 1/8 EG 6
    Goal: BPEL 8 1/2 EG 6 1/2

Current: BPEL 6.5 EG 6

Are you holding your breath?
    Originally posted by cologro View Post
    Well. When I push out on a RK I feel pressure in my head and a few give me an ensuing headache! I dont really know how to explain it and that's why I'm posting this thread. Hopefully people out there know what I'm talking about and have some advice. It feels like I'm going to have a brain aneurysm! Not only is it uncomfortable but I fear I am going to hurt myself. HELP!

Comment

Wow I've had the same thing. Interesting
      Used to do PE on and off 2 years ago. I was 6.75 NBPEL, Measured a bit ago and was 7. Now keeping track.

Started serious PE - Start of march 2012 (once again restarted)
      NBEL 7.0
      BPEL 7.25
      EG 5.60

Measuring start of August -

Long term goal -
      NBPEL 9.00
      EG 6.50

Comment

You need to improve isolation . You are straining a variety of other muscles.

Comment

How can I improve isolation? I noticed that I did tend to hold my breath but now I do a slow exhale while RK'ing. It seems to help a little but not significantly.

Comment

A copy/paste from one of my answers to a previous thread:

"The pushing feeling you're describing is pressure from the valsalva maneuver (holding your breath and contracting your diaphragm). The pressure build-up presses down on the internal organs resulting in an expansion of those muscles. The process of doing this without hoding your breath is called anal-breathing (don't ask me why). You can develop this ability by starting a RK by holding your breath then, careful not to release the RK, begin to breath. You should find that you can feel RK movement as your diaphragm rises and falls. As you develop better body awareness in this area you can initiate the RK without holding your breath and making funny faces during sex. "

You need to keep practicing RKs to improve your body awareness of those muscles and your ability to isolate, or in other words work only, those muscles instead of all the parts affected by the valsalva maneuver. Try not to squeeze your diaphragm so hard while you RK.

Comment

Just realised that exhaling reduces pressure, your right!

Yeah how do you improve isolation? When I RK I can feel my back and abdomen muscles tensing as well so my isolation is probably quite poor
              My progress log

Comment

improving your ability to isolate these specific muscles requires you to sense and then move these muscles. Unfortunately, you have to work the muscle to increase these abilities. You will have to continue to recruit these other muscles as you RK. Pay special attention to the RK movement each time you practice and you'll gradually be able to use less auxillary muscles. A good time to practice is each time you urinate, make sure you push your pee harder a couple times each trip to the bathroom.

Everyone who has lifted weights can remember a time when they couldn't move their pectoral muscle without moving their arms using a push-up motion or a dumbbell fly motion. However, after a few months of working the muscles, most people can do that twitchy thing with their pecs without moving their arms. This is the same concept, you've got to focus on that area as you practice to eventually become aware of what is required to move it independently.

Comment

Good post Nam, my answer would have been practise.

Comment

@ Nam: In regards to normal kegels would a contraction of the anus indicate poor isolation?
                    My progress log

Comment

Padawan,

I would say you had poor isolation if your whole body seized when you try to kegel.

Being that you only recruit the sphincter, I would say you have pretty good isolation but still have room for improvement.
                      namsokiek
                      Banned
                      Last edited by namsokiek; 11-28-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

There are 2 forms of standard kegel ; front which moves your dick and back which contracts your sphincter. Most guys early on cannot split them and do both together .

Comment

Ok, thanks for the replies...I'm not that useless after all lol
                          My progress log

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

How long does it take to learn? My head hurts after doing some reverse kegels (did for 10minutes). I tighten my abs which makes it harder to breath. But I don't understand how I can not "tighten" my abs when I do a reverse kegel?

Comment

Working...
                              X