Doing as suggested ... and regressing badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing as suggested ... and regressing badly

So, I've developed a pretty severe PE problem in my early 40s (always was at what I would guess was fairly average before that), discovered this site about three weeks ago and decided to try some of the suggestions, namely ByggD's program along with a kegel/reverse kegel program.
    After some promising initial results - successfully edging 5-10 minutes the first three attempts - I've severely regressed over the past 7-10 days and matters are worse than ever. And by that I mean it's literally a few strokes from hardness to the PONR. And worse yet, once I hit that point there's no turning back. I can stop edging entirely for a minute or two, but once I start up again I'm back at the PONR. Anyhow, that's been my experience four of my last five edging sessions.

I'm completely at a loss and totally frustrated. Is this kind of one step forward, two steps back thing at all normal in the early going? Could I be doing something wrong and making it worse? Am I just psyching myself out with anxiety (completely possible, IMO)?

Any thoughts/input/advice would be much appreciated.

This is not normal. Take a few days break from K/rk and tell me you k/rk routine. Also do you K/rk during edging?
    Anxiety could be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
      This is not normal. Take a few days break from K/rk and tell me you k/rk routine. Also do you K/rk during edging?
      Anxiety could be an issue.
      For k/rk, I'm doing a 50/50 split, three sets of 20 each (holding about five seconds on each rep).
      I'm trying not to k during edging, but have tried r/k when I get to/close to PONR.

Comment

Probably your body is getting used to your new training. I had the same issue when I was starting. Just imagine you are lifting weights for some days and your arms feel tired and weak. Could you continue lifting the same weight? I don't think so.

You need to take a break as Pegasus suggested. I think your routine is good, and that anxiety may be playing a role in your problem.
        If you think my comments or posts are useful, consider giving me some rep ;)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FrankKissel View Post
          For k/rk, I'm doing a 50/50 split, three sets of 20 each (holding about five seconds on each rep).
          I'm trying not to k during edging, but have tried r/k when I get to/close to PONR.
          You don't mention rest days. While your routine looks ok it may take a little to condition to if you have little experience with k/rk.
          I like Stamina's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
            You don't mention rest days. While your routine looks ok it may take a little to condition to if you have little experience with k/rk.
            I like Stamina's post.
            My bad ... yes, I've been taking rest days.
            I'd been doing kegels 3/4 days a week, and never on consecutive days, and edging about the same (more like four per week).
            Thanks for your replies. I'll continue plugging away.

Comment

Don't be discouraged by your early results.

This is a training process that takes more time for some than others. Set your daily goal and work towards reaching it; once achieved move to the next goal. Results will follow.

Anxiety fuels the arousal responses. Take a look at Drummer19's Arousal Techniques and see if can apply any of his insights into addressing your own issues: https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...echniques.html I found them quite useful and always refer back to them when I find myself straying from my path.

you have the right attitude: "...continue plugging away."!

Comment

I am having the same frustrations. I have had PE basically all my life. I am 43 and have tried everything. I know when I get to the PONR and can stop myself from ejaculating, but when I start back up it only takes a few strokes until Im right back in the same place.

Need help.

Thanks

Comment

There is a world of help here ,if you read Drummer 19's posts you will see he worked on a multi pronged approach over a long period and had good results. He is an example of a sturbon case overcome with consistent work. Read the pre e forum and decide your starting point.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the advice and encouragement. It's truly appreciated.

An update (in case anyone is remotely interested) and a question related to that:
                    Since my last post I've tried a couple more edging sessions and things went reasonably well. Not great by any stretch, but some progress, which likely is all I can and should expect at this point. Anyhow, one thing I've noticed is that during the first 4-5 minutes of edging (and sex for that matter) I struggle mightily reaching the PONR too quickly after getting hard, and when I try to get my arousal under control at that point my erection starts to say farewell. It seems for those opening minutes, if I'm hard I'm at the "9" on the arousal scale, and if I'm not at the "9" I'm not all that hard.
                    But what I've found is that if I can successfully manage to navigate that first 5 minutes, over the next 5+ minutes it's much much easier staying fully aroused physically (aka hard) while keeping my arousal level at that "7" spot and not constantly doing battle with the PONR. It's like that first 5 minutes is a barrier I have to break through. If I do, which usually requires a great deal of effort, I'm home free for at least a while. But breaking through right now is hard work, and absolutely awkward in the company of a woman.
                    So, any thoughts on what any of that means, and what I should be doing to make break down that 5 minute wall?

Thanks again.
                    FrankKissel
                    Last edited by FrankKissel; 12-14-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Practise.
                      Most guys train solo and get some ability at that, before attempting duo as it is more difficult. If you are having any success duo at all at this popint you are doing well.

Comment

FK,

You're doing the right thing amd seeing results. Stick with it and you will break that barrier. Your mind is learning what you are teaching your body but it wants to stay as it was; be paitent and that wall will crumble. The hard work is the learning.

Regards!

Comment

Working...
                        X