Any Experience SSRI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Experience SSRI?

I know you like the natural solution, but many people need this solution when PE is extreme.
    Anybody have any experience?

Yes I did try this with Paxil (Paroxetine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

It did stop my PE and I could last a long time.

BUT:
    1. I got head aches from it
    2. I had to take it about 10 hours in advance for it to work well
    3. It lowered my sex drive
    4. The next day (or few) after taking it, my PE was much worse, but this is temporary

Read the wikipedia PE article, as there may be better SSRI drugs to use (dapoxetine)

In my case I was using it becaue I was in a new relationship and it was my only "cure"
    at the time.

Comment

Im pretty sure after you take it and stop taking your PE was worse.
      Did you solve your problem later on with Kegel o something similar?

Comment

I've had of before. Think mine was called seratonin.

It worked great with no noticeable side effects but as soon as I came off them I was back to square one. I wouldn't say I had gotten any worse but it would be hard to tell as I only lasted seconds anyway

Comment

nibbles why you stop taking them if the work so well? did you now solve the problem with another method or something?

Comment

Two main reasons

1. Once your out of them you can't just get more you need to be prescribed them again so that means another trip to the doctors

2. I don't want to have to rely on pills I want to be good because I am good.

I still suffer from pe putting the main cause down to involuntary kegels so I've just started doing reverse kegels every other day

Comment

I went to the hospital and i don't have very high income so they help you out. They will give me the pill for the month for 2 dollars. So give a try to go to the hospital and see if you have any luck.
              I will have my refill for a while for 2 dollars a month for 30 pills.

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't unless you have tried EVERYTHING else and it is ruining your mental and physical and waking life.

Yes I tried Zoloft (sertraline) and yes it helped... for like a day or two.

For extreme PE you need a high dose, see. Daily.

So on 100mg I didn't want to eat, would shake in the morning until I took my pills, and hello soldier - was as impotent as a... soldier.
                I got prescribed V and C to help this. V did nothing and C made my erections bent over time. Not to mention the Zoloft takes away sexual desire.
                Now that sounds ok, especially considering most guys with PE have RAGING libido's. But it's not OK when you can't get it up. You need desire for that. And I mean... having a girlfriend that is literally begging for you to blow inside her still wouldn't make you hard. Not cool, dude.

Worse more, the reflex of your PC muscle will overcome the pills over time, meaning you're pumping it to get hard and although the pill may give you some more time, it won't be enough. Stop the pills and the problem will be even worse than before until your body adjusts (which takes A LONG time).

The best I've found for on demand, longevity with a pill is Tramadol. An opiate pain killer that literally makes you high and relaxed so you have control of your muscles. Or rather the sensitive ones are muted. But you can't get high everytime for sex.

If you absolutely want to try SSRI, go with Anafranil in the smallest dose you can, and start there. Paxil works about the same as A, but the withdrawals coming off it are INSANELY bad from what I've heard.

Any more Q's just post away.

Comment

Tramadol is very dangerous you can get addict it very easily and i think is a big risk. My GF want to have sex very often and she hated planning etc.
                  I will try SSRI very low dose, I will never go to 100 mg not even close. I will start with 10 mg and if need it maybe 20 mg but not more than that.

Comment

It's actually got low abuse potential but it still can happen. I know, it's not meant to be abused. But it works much better than an SSRI. Which unfortunately you will need in a high dose to counter PE. It's worth a shot if you are open to it. I would go with Anafranil over Paxil.
                    I was on Zoloft which had TERRIBLE side effects and withdrawals. Paxil is supposed to be worse AND it also affects sperm fragmentation or whatever they call it. Anafranil is trycylic, not an SSRI.

Comment

Working...
                    X