Need help - Kegels / Reverse kegels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - Kegels / Reverse kegels

I'm a beginner and need help determining what a kegel is and what a reverse kegel is. I've read alot of other posts but still don't know if I've understood contraction/retraction and kegel/reverse kegel yet.

This is what I've observed so far when trying to determine what's what:

State Contraction Retraction / Relaxation
    Erect Penis moves downwards Penis moves upwards
    Flaccid Able hold for many seconds Can hold for a second or two
    Urinating (mid-flow) Strengthens flow Reduces/stops flow (can't even hold for a second)
    Urinating (end of flow) Stops flow (able to hold for many seconds) Pushes out the last drops
    Have I got it right about which is the contraction and which is the retraction?
    And is the contraction a normal kegel, while a retraction is a reverse kegel?
    Start (April '12):
    BPEL: 5.8"
    MSEG: 4.8"

I've had a very hard time distinguishing kegels/reverse kegels, as well as front from back (possibly due to terrible isolation).

As detailed a description to aid me reproduction of the exercises is very much appreciated, so I'll TAG this thread until a pro responds

Comment

Anyone?
      Start (April '12):

Comment

There are other posts on this but I will state it again.

Front standard kegel, Stop piss
        front reverse kegel ,start piss or piss harder
        standard back kegel, keep in a shit
        Reverse back kegel take a shit or fart

most guys when they start can not isolate ,so if you find you are doing standard kegel as a group with some ab involvement for example ,don't worry just keep working on it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. But as you can see in my first post, I'm able to reduce/stop urine flow by both contraction and retraction depending on if it's "mid-flow" or "end of flow". This is why I'm a bit confused

I'm unable to completely stop urine (and hold it for more than a second) when I'm peeing mid-flow. Is this unnormal?

Could you tell me which of the columns in first post (contraction / retraction) that corresponds to kegel / reverse kegel?
          Start (April '12):

Comment

Being unable to stop urine completely indicates a weak muscle which is not that unusual. Weakness also makes it hard to get a good feel for what is going on and your collums are confusing as a result.
            The first collum is reverse kegels and should feel like expansion though there is individual vary in feel. The second collum is kegel and should feel like contraction though the weakness may make feel hard ,you do say retraction though.
            The last few drops of urine are often got out through doing a kegel, like wringing the last few drop out of a wine bladder and then a reverse kegel which opens the path.
            I would concentrate on doing kegel as a group and rk as a group for now .
            It is interesting that your rk appears stronger than your kegel . How is your libido and erection hardness?

Comment

Working...
            X