Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

This is a technique for applying reverse kegels during sex to relax your pelvic floor muscles without having to think or focus on it.

The point is to practice this technique out of sex so that it becomes second nature when actually having sex.

So on to the technique... It’s really rather simple.

1. Make yourself comfortable because you’re going to be in that position for at least 10-15 min or maybe even longer, It’s really quite relaxing.

2. Once you’re comfortable begin to focus on your breathing (slow deep breaths) and on your IN breath push a light reverse kegel and then on your OUT breath relax.

3. There is no 3. It’s that simple, just keep focusing on your breathing and doing step 2. If your mind wanders just bring it back.

When doing this technique during sex or edging it will help keep your muscles in a neutral state.

Do this from the start and all the way through BEFORE you reach the PONR.

Like I said at the start, if you practice this regularly out of sex you won’t even need to think about doing it during sex you’ll be able to do it unconsciously. Plus like all meditation it has the added benefit of reducing stress which can also be a factor in Pre E.

Pelvic Floor Balance
    imac
    Retired Moderator
    Member of the Month Nov 12
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by imac; 11-01-2012, 12:24 PM.
    On a break from the forum
    imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
    Pelvic Floor Balance
    Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Good one. I'll try to embrace this on my yoga exercises.

Comment

Imac, once again thanks for the pelvic floor muscle advice. You said that with time, the pelvic floor should learn to relax during sex after practising these exercises for a while. I'm finding that my ass muscles and hamstrings are really clenching too. Will this help them relax also or will I have to concentrate on them? I would hate to lose focus on the sex thinking about my tense muscles.
      Start : BPEL 6.4" x MEG 4.75"
      Latest : BPEL 7.0" x MEG 5.00"

Short Term Goal : BPEL 7.5" x MEG 5.25"
      Long Term Goal : BPEL 8" x MEG 6"

Comment

This sounds interesting I will definately give it a shot in the future sessions are feedback if I notice anything different.
        premE FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai View Post
          Imac, once again thanks for the pelvic floor muscle advice. You said that with time, the pelvic floor should learn to relax during sex after practising these exercises for a while. I'm finding that my ass muscles and hamstrings are really clenching too. Will this help them relax also or will I have to concentrate on them? I would hate to lose focus on the sex thinking about my tense muscles.
          Do you mean there tense during sex or when doing pelvic exercises? Also when you say tensing do you mean like when your muscles are actively engaged (eg whilst thrusting) or do you mean the muscles are tensed so tight there straining?
          Pelvic Floor Balance

Comment

Samurai,

If you perform the exercises that imac has recommended with repetition you should find that your back PC (ass) and hamstring muscles will learn the relaxation technique on their own.

Then when you get into an arousal situation you can observe how your muscles respond by relaxing in spite of your arousal.

That's the value learned from doing the exercise outside of sex. It should carry over when it becomes a habit. Pay attention to where you tense up, when aroused, and focus on relaxing that part of yourself when you practice the Meditative Reverse Kegel.

Paitence and practice are the key ingredients.

All the best!
            OldRocker
            Last edited by OldRocker; 10-26-2012, 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Originally posted by imac View Post
              Do you mean there tense during sex or when doing pelvic exercises? Also when you say tensing do you mean like when your muscles are actively engaged (eg whilst thrusting) or do you mean the muscles are tensed so tight there straining?
              I mean during masturbation more than anything. I say masturbation because it is the most noticable while doing that. For example, a week ago i was edging after a pe session(just returned after a 10 month hiatus) and I noticed that my butt muscles were fully clenched and I was also clenching my hamstrings. It was like I was in the thrusting position continuously. I find that this clenching gets worse the worse my eq is. This summer when I was having a lot of sex I was fatigued regularly. My eq was not that good. I also have a non stretchy flaccid penis. Might be HF, but then again might not. I have no pain in my pelvic area.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRocker View Post
                Samurai,

If you perform the exercises that imac has recommended with repetition you should find that your back PC (ass) and hamstring muscles will learn the relaxation technique on their own.

Then when you get into an arousal situation you can observe how your muscles respond by relaxing in spite of your arousal.

That's the value learned from doing the exercise outside of sex. It should carry over when it becomes a habit. Pay attention to where you tense up, when aroused, and focus on relaxing that part of yourself when you practice the Meditative Reverse Kegel.

Paitence and practice are the key ingredients.

All the best!
                Thanks OldRocker. I hope you are right and I will give it a go. I need to be careful though as when I clench my butt and hamstrings, i also give a continuous reverse kegel, almost like a push. It is straining for sure and I know this is bad. I think it weakens the pelvic floor even more. Just seems to be bad habits I have acquired. I believe I have had them for many years but it is only now that they are giving me eq problems.

Comment

A reverse kegel, like a push, is recommended here as a means of relaxing into the arousal and keeping you from getting too excited. But I can see where too much would be giving you eq problems. Perhaps you could use that to your advantage by conciously performing a regular back pc (anus area) kegel on the inhale and then a concious reverse kegel on the exhale.

This is similar to the Tao technique of drawing energy up your body as you inhale and releasing it back down your body to your pelvic area as you exhale. Try it as an exercise outside of sex to see if you can feel a flow. I find that it works well for me but it took a while before I was able to relax into it and feel the movement.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks for the response!

Whatever you work at will work for you if you stick with it. Good luck!

Comment

I mean during masturbation more than anything. I say masturbation because it is the most noticable while doing that. For example, a week ago i was edging after a pe session(just returned after a 10 month hiatus) and I noticed that my butt muscles were fully clenched and I was also clenching my hamstrings. It was like I was in the thrusting position continuously. I find that this clenching gets worse the worse my eq is. This summer when I was having a lot of sex I was fatigued regularly. My eq was not that good. I also have a non stretchy flaccid penis. Might be HF, but then again might not. I have no pain in my pelvic area.
                    Poor EQ can be a result of muscles that are too tense as well as muscles that are too weak. So if you're unconsciously tensing your muscles in an effort to maintain a good EQ the tension could be impeding proper blood flow or fatiguing the muscles causing a loss of EQ. Or if it's a case of weak muscles then straining to hold a reverse kegel for the whole time you're edging/masturbating could also be causing the loss of EQ.

I find that my EQ's at it's best when my muscles are in a relaxed neutral state. By that I mean a consistent 9-10, that's without forcing more blood in with a kegel.

If you're clenching that hard while masturbating then you must be slightly arching your pelvis for the bed causing the tension so I would suggest gentle rocking your pelvis from side to side sort of like you're rubbing your ass on the bed. If you keep your ass and your pelvis moving slowly then this should stop it from clenching up tight.
                    Pelvic Floor Balance

Comment

How is your general level of anxiety/muscle tension Samurai?

Comment

Originally posted by OldRocker View Post
                        A reverse kegel, like a push, is recommended here as a means of relaxing into the arousal and keeping you from getting too excited. But I can see where too much would be giving you eq problems. Perhaps you could use that to your advantage by conciously performing a regular back pc (anus area) kegel on the inhale and then a concious reverse kegel on the exhale.

This is similar to the Tao technique of drawing energy up your body as you inhale and releasing it back down your body to your pelvic area as you exhale. Try it as an exercise outside of sex to see if you can feel a flow. I find that it works well for me but it took a while before I was able to relax into it and feel the movement.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks for the response!

Whatever you work at will work for you if you stick with it. Good luck!
                        Are you saying the back pc kegel is like a pulling up of the anus? Kind of like sucking up air(energy) up through the spine and the then down through the front of the body ending in a reverse kegel.

Comment

Originally posted by imac View Post
                          Poor EQ can be a result of muscles that are too tense as well as muscles that are too weak. So if you're unconsciously tensing your muscles in an effort to maintain a good EQ the tension could be impeding proper blood flow or fatiguing the muscles causing a loss of EQ. Or if it's a case of weak muscles then straining to hold a reverse kegel for the whole time you're edging/masturbating could also be causing the loss of EQ.

I find that my EQ's at it's best when my muscles are in a relaxed neutral state. By that I mean a consistent 9-10, that's without forcing more blood in with a kegel.

If you're clenching that hard while masturbating then you must be slightly arching your pelvis for the bed causing the tension so I would suggest gentle rocking your pelvis from side to side sort of like you're rubbing your ass on the bed. If you keep your ass and your pelvis moving slowly then this should stop it from clenching up tight.
                          I can't remember the last time I was relaxed while masturbating. I can understand why my muscles would be involved when I having sex because of the thrusting motion but when masturbating the only thing that should be moving is my hand. So why the need for muscle clenching I don't know. All I know is that when I concentrate on relaxing, my eq seems to go down, i don't know why but if I clench for too long or do it for multiple days, then my eq falls too. I am going to try this rocking motion but the more noticable time of clenching is when I'm standing. This is when i really feel my muscles work because of a solid stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                            How is your general level of anxiety/muscle tension Samurai?
                            Pegasus, I'm probably a tense type of person. I do have anxiety in my life now but I do feel like I hold it in my pelvic area a lot. This is not a recent thing though. I remember asking a work colleague about 10 years ago whether she clenched her butt cheeks when she was standing. I only asked her because I noticed that when i paid attention to my butt that I was subconciously clenching it. My eq was fine back then. Is exercise a bad thing for it also? I know you do or at least have lifted weights, do you think exercises like squats and leg presses are bad for tense pelvic muscles due to building muscle there?

Comment

Pegasus, I'm probably a tense type of person. I do have anxiety in my life now but I do feel like I hold it in my pelvic area a lot. This is not a recent thing though. I remember asking a work colleague about 10 years ago whether she clenched her butt cheeks when she was standing. I only asked her because I noticed that when i paid attention to my butt that I was subconciously clenching it. My eq was fine back then. Is exercise a bad thing for it also? I know you do or at least have lifted weights, do you think exercises like squats and leg presses are bad for tense pelvic muscles due to building muscle there?
                              Weights are not a problem in itself, but balance may be an issue, some stretching,massage perhaps. How is your ab strength? Pelvic aligment? A physio may be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X