X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelvic Floor Balance

PELVIC FLOOR BALANCE

Kegel to Reverse Kegel Balance/Unbalance

This occurs when there is too much high tone (tension) or too much low tone (weakness) of the pelvic floor muscles.

Too much high tone (tension) can lead to uncontrollable involuntary kegels leading to premature ejaculation.

Too much low tone (weakness) can lead to a complete lack of involuntary kegels leading to delayed ejaculation.

Involuntary Kegels/Spasms

First off involuntary kegels/spasms aren’t a bad thing that you’re trying to eliminate entirely.
    They serve a purpose, that being to help you reach ejaculation/orgasm, to actually ejaculate and to expel urine from the urethra.

So the aim of developing a balance pelvic floor shouldn’t be to eliminate involuntary kegels altogether but to develop your muscles to a point where involuntary kegels don’t happen uncontrollably or when you don’t want them to.

When they do occur you should be able to easily suppress them if you choose to or let them happen if you want to reach orgasm/ejaculate.

Front/Back Balance

Having your pelvic floor muscles be out of balance doesn’t just mean having too much muscle tension (too much kegels) or muscle weakness (too much reverse kegels)

The unbalance can also be specific to a certain part of the pelvic floor. In that case you can do more isolated exercises to correct the imbalance.(front kegels, back kegels, front reverse kegels and back reverse kegels)

How to Identify an Unbalanced Pelvic Floor

• Premature ejaculation can be a symptom of too much tension in the pelvic floor.
    • Delayed ejaculation can happen when the pelvic floor muscles become too weak to contract.
    • Poor EQ can be a result of both weakness or too much tension
    • Loss of libido has being reported by some who have weakened their pelvic floor through too much reverse kegels and not enough kegels.
    • Uncontrollable involuntary kegels/spasms
    • Incontinence can occur when there is too much muscle weakness
    • Difficulty urinating and defecating can happen when the muscles are too tense this can happen together or separate if there’s a front/back balance issue.
    • Pain - consult a doctor.
    • Hard flaccid.

How to Identify a Balanced Pelvic Floor

• You’re able to maintain a natural neutral state.
    • You can stimulate yourself without having uncontrollable kegel spasms.
    • You can choose when to let involuntary kegels occur and any ones that do occur can be easily stopped if you so choose.
    • You can last as long as you want (assuming you don’t suffer from mental overstimulation)
    • High EQ
    • No incontinence
    • No difficulty urinating or defecating
    • Healthy libido
    • No pain or hard flaccid

How to Bring Your Pelvic Floor Into Balance

Tension

If you have a tense pelvic floor your main focus will be on a combo of pelvic stretches, massage, relaxation exercises and a reverse kegel focused kegel routine, say about 70:30 to 60:40 in favor of reverse kegels.
    In some cases It may be beneficial to do only reverse kegels for a couple of weeks to a month before introducing kegels into your routine until your doing a balanced 50:50 routine.

Weakness

If the problem is weakness then you want to start with a kegel/reverse kegel routine of a ratio of 50:50 or 60:40 in favor of kegels as well as doing pelvic floor exercises that engage your whole core. That combined with pelvic stretches and relaxation exercises.

Kegels
    Minutemans Kegel Master List (by Minuteman)
    Reverse Kegels

Pelvic Stretches
    The Pillow Stretch (by MarcusHa)
    Massage

Meditative Reverse Kegels (This a great technique for guys with Pre e)
    Pelvic Floor Core Exercise
    Pelvic Floor Yoga (by Arkham)
    Yoga Poses For Pelvic Floor Stretching (by MarcusHa)

Regardless whether you start from too much tension or too much muscle weakness the goal is the same, to create a healthy, strong and flexible pelvic floor.

Other Pelvic Floor Problems

More serious pelvic floor problems are things like CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) or PFD (pelvic floor dysfunction) or hard flaccid.

Now I’m no expert in these areas so I won’t comment on them, but instead just make you aware of them and provide a few links to more knowledgeable sources that you can read up on.

CPPS
    PFD
    Official hard flaccid recovery

I know there’s members here with a far greater knowledge of these problems than me so feel free to post your knowledge and insights on the subject.

I’m going to stop writing now because this has already turned out to be far longer than I intended when I sat down to write this, but if you feel I’ve overlooked something or missed something out then feel free to post and let me know.
    imac
    Retired Moderator
    Member of the Month Nov 12
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by imac; 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM.
    On a break from the forum
    imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
    Pelvic Floor Balance
    Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Good write-up
    My progress log

Comment

Wasn't able to rep you imac(I need to rep others before I can rep you again) but I do appreciate your posts. You are talking about exactly what I need. I bookmarked this page.
      Start : BPEL 6.4" x MEG 4.75"
      Latest : BPEL 7.0" x MEG 5.00"

Short Term Goal : BPEL 7.5" x MEG 5.25"
      Long Term Goal : BPEL 8" x MEG 6"

Comment

Wow I have never expect that my thread will becoma a part of something bigger Reps for you. Now time for lecure.
        Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
        Current stats

Comment

Awesome thread! Repped!

Comment

Thanks for that

I was told some years ago that I had a 'slight bladder imbalance' but never really understood what this meant. True, I had some problems with my urine flow and terminal dribbling which coincided with a loss of libido and very poor EQ, but at the time I thought these issues were totally unrelated ... perhaps they weren't, after all!

I must say that kegels have been a big help to me and I wish I'd discovered them much earlier!

Comment

I get involuntary kegels that I cannot control but I don't have Premature Ejaculation anymore. However I seem to be the minority when it comes to this!
              Arousal Techniques-Techniques to overcome Pre-E.

Comment

Sir good day

I seem to have a problem regarding the reverse kegels. Since this thread is related somewhat, I thought I might ask a question. When trying to do reverse kegels I can't help but have the urge to urinate and my stomach contract as well. May I ask for your help on how to address this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRockyRoad View Post
                  Sir good day

I seem to have a problem regarding the reverse kegels. Since this thread is related somewhat, I thought I might ask a question. When trying to do reverse kegels I can't help but have the urge to urinate and my stomach contract as well. May I ask for your help on how to address this problem?
                  https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...se-kegels.html
                  My progress log

Comment

Originally posted by TheRockyRoad View Post
                    Sir good day

If you're feeling the urge to urinate then you're pushing too hard and beyond your conditioning level and if you're feeling your abs engage that's OK as long as you're not straining.

For a more indepth view on reverse kegels you can click the link to my thread that Pady provided or the one in the OP.
                    Pelvic Floor Balance

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai View Post
                      Wasn't able to rep you imac(I need to rep others before I can rep you again) but I do appreciate your posts. You are talking about exactly what I need. I bookmarked this page.
                      I couldn't add rep to you also, for the same reason! I haven't found another thread in a while worth so much rep! Great job on this thread imac!
                      Arousal Techniques-Techniques to overcome Pre-E.

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully it will help out guys with imbalance issues.
                        Pelvic Floor Balance

Comment

This is a brilliant thread, I completly relate to it.. I have bad EQ at the moment, kinda have DE as I have had to force myself to cum lately (think its due to overdoing my RK's.. so i need to strengthen my kegals correct? I was thinking a 50:50 routine?

Comment

A 50:50 routine would be good. As well as pelvic core exercises and pelvic stretches.
                            Pelvic Floor Balance

Comment

imac - This is an excellent post. Many men often come to me with the issue of kegeling causing them to go sooner than before they were kegeling. As you can imagine, this leads to them skipping kegels all together (not the healthiest approach).

This post is an accumulation of many steps (e.g. https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...ical-cure.html) in this direction, and hopefully it'll help many men understand and thus overcome their kegel issues.
                              "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X