Yoga Poses for Pelvic Floor Stretching - relax your muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga Poses for Pelvic Floor Stretching - relax your muscles

Along with the Pillow Exercise, https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...effective.html, I have found other good pelvic floor stretches from Yoga. Some of them does not exactly focus on pelvic region - but I am starting to believe there is a connection between lack of back/hip health or elasticity and pelvic floor balance, or something like that... just wondering.

Anyway, here are some of the most effective yoga poses for premature ejaculation.

YOGA POSES FOR PELVIC FLOOR STRETCHING

1) Ananda Balasana - happy baby pose: Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby), Chagrin Yoga's Pose for November 2010 - YouTube
    As video says, it is a hip opener. However, if you do it in a certain way, you will notice your pelvic floor being affected.
    Maintain you back flat. If you dont feel anything on your pelvic floor, put a pillow under your back, so your butlocks and the top of your back touches the ground. The pelvic floor stretch is noticeable.

2)
    Bhaddha Konasana - Open Hips in Baddha Konasana with Kino MacGregor - YouTube
    Ok, try not to pay attention to the nice blondie. Maintain your back erect for a better pelvic floor effect.

3)
    Bhadrasana: Bhadrasana by Yashendu Goswami - YouTube
    This one is really hard for me. However, I believe that if you keep on practicing, you will get there. Trying the forward motion will certainly give a good pelvic floor stretch.

4)
    Bdharadvajasana - Bharadvajasana - Tonic for the Spine and Belly - YouTube
    If you can perform the third one well, this one will be easy. PC/BC muscles should really be affected.

5) Pigeon Pose -
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWJAlAM_Lyw
    This one is just amazing as a hip opener. If you are too sensitive on your pelvic floor, it will probably flex-kegel when you do it.
    So it is a great time for performing Reverse Kegels and maintaining it relaxed.

6) Matsyasana (fish pose) - matsyasana (fish pose) - YouTube
    Feels like the Pillow Stretch.

7) Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) - Dhanurasana - the Yoga Asana "Bow Position" - YouTube
    The video also shows a more advanced position called The Rocking Bow, both are great for pelvic floor stretching.

8) Bhujangasana, the Cobra Pose: the video below embraces both the Cobra Pose and a more advanced form of it, the
    Royal Cobra Pose: Royal Cobra - Advanced Yoga Asana Bhujangasana - YouTube
    That position looks like the Upward-Facing Dog, which is also a good stretcher focused on low abs.

9) Male Accomplished Pose: http://www.yogaartandscience.com/pos...Siddhasana.jpg
    A good position for meditation, will make you more aware of your pelvic floor, also stretching it. Very good for Meditative Reverse Kegels.

10) Kamel Pose: How To Do the Camel Pose - YouTube (open chest, stretch low abs)
    This one will open your chest and stretch low abs as well. As we know, the pelvic floor is an extension of the abs, only separated by the pubic bone. Since your respiratory system will be more relaxed, it is also a good position for Reverse Kegel Breathing.

11) Deep Squat based Stretches:
    As shown on that video. That may be one of the best series of stretches I found. They are all based on a subject that has come up on the forum, which is Deep Squats. However, the idea with those stretches isnt pelvic floor strengh, but pelvic floor flexibility. Maybe we should do it previous to deep squatting, right?

If flexibility turns out to be an issue for you, at it is for me, this may help:
    http://yogaheals.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/legs-up-the-wall-pose-viparita-karani.jpg?w=300&h=269 Also, practicing is the only way you can improve your flexibility.

All in all, I feel that this approach will make our Edging and RK exercises much more effective, besides leading the muscles to a natural relaxed state. Furthermore, when you are not balanced, anything will cause you to kegel. For exemple, thrusting movements are enough to make you contract your BC muscle. This poses will make you more comfortable with all the physical movements by turning your muscle to be longer/relaxed. KEEP ON!

Hope it helps,
    Good luck!

MarcusHa
    Last edited by MarcusHa; 06-28-2014, 06:07 PM.

Subscribed and repped. I'll probably be hyperlinking people to this a lot in the HF thread

Great stuff Marcus!
    "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
    "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

I intuitively feel that these type of stretches could be a great tool for preE, but I just never know if I'm doing them right or making any progress. I'll keep practicing I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchener View Post
        I intuitively feel that these type of stretches could be a great tool for preE, but I just never know if I'm doing them right or making any progress. I'll keep practicing I guess..
        Lol Kitchener and Norm Macdonald avatar. Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchener View Post
          Just try to focus on the key muscles, PC and BC. If you are feeling them being affected, then you are doing it right - at least "right" for us PreEjaculators.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusHa View Post
            but I am starting to believe there is a connection between lack of back/hip health or elasticity and pelvic floor balance, or something like that... just wondering.

You're right in saying that, your pelvic floor can affect the other muscles in your core just as other muscles can affect your pelvic floor.

Here's a quote from an article talking about pelvic floor dysfunction and how other muscles relate.

Bones and muscles of your lower back, hips, and sacroiliac joint can stress your pelvic floor muscles. Your doctor or PT will first check externally and internally for problems such as muscle spasms, muscle knots, and weakness or sacroiliac misalignment (where your sacrum and upper hipbones meet).
            On a break from the forum
            imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
            Pelvic Floor Balance
            Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Comment

I have just added another awesome pose. It is a hip opener that will make your BC muscle be in the middle of a very intense stretch.

5) Pigeon Pose -
              This one is just amazing as a hip opener. If you are too sensitive on your pelvic floor, it will probably flex-kegel when you do it.
              So it is a great time for training RK and maintaining it relaxed.

Comment

I have just added another awesome pose. It is a hip opener that will make your BC muscle be in the middle of a very intense stretch.

5) Pigeon Pose -
                Holy fuck, that was a good stretch. Really felt my whole hip area

Comment

5) Pigeon Pose -
                  That's a great stretch. Good work.
                  Pelvic Floor Balance

Comment

It has long been thought here at pegym that pelvic stretching helps pre e. You seem to have really moved this forward in a pratical sense.

Comment

Man im gonna try at least two of the yoga stretches tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                        It has long been thought here at pegym that pelvic stretching helps pre e. You seem to have really moved this forward in a pratical sense.
                        Pegasus, I posted a graph in my log where you can see my edging sessions in the last 5 months and the duration. Since I started Yoga and Pillow stretching, I got much better and could even start using lube.

So it does work, and the reason is quite clear. Making the muscles more flexible, increasing its length, will reflex on it being more relaxed. The hard thing is to find the proper stretches for the PC/BC muscles. And I seem to have tracked some of them. I'll keep looking for poses and experimenting. You be sure, everything will be posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by capital255 View Post
                          Man im gonna try at least two of the yoga stretches tonight
                          Try all of them and see which makes you more of about your pelvic floor. It wont take too long, capital. Try it for a week!

Comment

I find this a good stretch.

What you do is have your feet in the same position as this girl in the pic but while laying on your back with your feet in the air and when you're in that position you wrap your hands around your feet and pull them down towards your body.

http://www.fittamamma.com/shopimages...oga%20pose.jpg
                            Pelvic Floor Balance

Comment

I herd that butter fly stretch if done for 10 minutes can tremendously help with PE as well. @ Marcus yea i will try all of them to see which ones im comfortable with

Comment

Working...
                              X