Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM's DO guide part 1 article NOW on the SITE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM's DO guide part 1 article NOW on the SITE!

In case you have missed it here it is Minuteman?s Dry Orgasm Guide ? Part 1 | PEGym.

I sure did...

The interesting thing though is that it says that I published that article, when in fact I did not.

To add an insult to injury I wasn't even notified about this and the article is published 2013/01/27 under my nickname.

Now don't get me wrong the article is nicely done and all that and I have no problem if people use my material (as long as they don't make money out of it, fore example putting it in a book then selling it to people) but every one that uses my material should at least link back to the topic the material has been taken from, if nothing then as a sign of common courtesy, respect the source. It really demotivates in producing future topic guides it is not as I am asking for money or something unreasonable here, just don't abuse my identity (I didn't even know that somebody can actually post under my name, it brings other interesting questions... but I won't go there.)

The other problem as noted, is that somebody used my nickname (and to an extent) this account to post the article without my consent in any form.

And they didn't even notify me. I found it out today by accident since the forum was down so out of boredom I checked out the main site.

So what do I want:

- Change the name of the author to the one that actually took the time to read trough the topic it and made the article (and did a decent job at it, although the strength - technique - timing picture doesn't make much sense to me but at least it looks nice ).

- Put an disclaimer on top of the article (the first lines) notifying the reader of the origins of that article and that it has been adapted by the author of the article, and the link to the topic in question.

- Next time at least have the decency to notify mi since there are like 3 parts left. I honestly won't be against (or care for that matter) if you put the disclaimer and the link as discussed above.

- I really hope my DO guide doesn't get in some new book without me knowing, actually it is free then it is ok.

Maybe somebody thinks that this offends me without reason, if it is so please do share your reasoning here. I would also like to know whose idea was this and who adapted the article.
    Minuteman
    Member of the Month March 2013.
    Last edited by Minuteman; 02-15-2013, 01:28 PM.
    premE FAQ

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
    In case you have missed it here it is Minuteman?s Dry Orgasm Guide ? Part 1 | PEGym.

I sure did...

The interesting thing though is that it says that I published that article, when in fact I did not.

To add an insult to injury I wasn't even notified about this and the article is published 2013/01/27 under my nickname.

Now don't get me wrong the article is nicely done and all that and I have no problem if people use my material (as long as they don't make money out of it, fore example putting it in a book then selling it to people) but every one that uses my material should at least link back to the topic the material has been taken from, if nothing then as a sign of common courtesy, respect the source. It really demotivates in producing future topic guides it is not as I am asking for money or something unreasonable here, just don't abuse my identity (I didn't even know that somebody can actually post under my name, it brings other interesting questions... but I won't go there.)

The other problem as noted, is that somebody used my nickname (and to an extent) this account to post the article without my consent in any form.

And they didn't even notify me. I found it out today by accident since the forum was down so out of boredom I checked out the main site.

So what do I want:

- Change the name of the author to the one that actually took the time to read trough the topic it and made the article (and did a decent job at it, although the strength - technique - timing picture doesn't make much sense to me but at least it looks nice ).

- Put an disclaimer on top of the article (the first lines) notifying the reader of the origins of that article and that it has been adapted by the author of the article, and the link to the topic in question.

- Next time at least have the decency to notify mi since there are like 3 parts left. I honestly won't be against (or care for that matter) if you put the disclaimer and the link as discussed above.

- I really hope my DO guide doesn't get in some new book without me knowing, actually it is free then it is ok.

Maybe somebody thinks that this offends me without reason, if it is so please do share your reasoning here. I would also like to know whose idea was this and who adapted the article.
    Sigh I am afraid I am partly at fault . I was asked what threads were worthy to be made into articles and I nominated your thread and one of my own. Of course I assumed you would be contacted .
    Of course you "published" the original work (the thread) here at pegym and so deserve credit when it is republished here ,it seems reasonable for the editor to be named though. So lets see you want the editor to inform you and you want a link to the original article/thread.
    I will get the editor to contact you and/or be gobetween.
    I have allways been a fan of your work and have recommended it widely. There was no ill intent .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
      Sigh I am afraid I am partly at fault . I was asked what threads were worthy to be made into articles and I nominated your thread and one of my own. Of course I assumed you would be contacted .
      Of course you "published" the original work (the thread) here at pegym and so deserve credit when it is republished here ,it seems reasonable for the editor to be named though. So lets see you want the editor to inform you and you want a link to the original article/thread.
      I will get the editor to contact you and/or be gobetween.
      I have allways been a fan of your work and have recommended it widely. There was no ill intent .
      And I didn't take it for an ill intent I was just taken aback by it all.

So, to clarify:

I don't want my name on the article in other words this:
      Posted by Minuteman in Articles, Guides, Kegel, Penis Training, Premature Ejaculation
      Instead I want it to say:
      Posted by the_person_that_actually_made_that_article in Articles, Guides, Kegel, Penis Training, Premature Ejaculation
      In the opening lines of the article I would like something like this:

DISCLAIMER:
      This article has been adapted by the_person_that_actually_made_that_article from the guide made by Minuteman.
      or something along those lines as long as there is a link to the topic (the source in) in question and a notification that it has been adapted or whatever.

After that whatever anyone does with the article in question is really none of my concern.

And a notification next time would be nice.

I think my request is not unreasonable.
      premE FAQ

Comment

I see that you have not recieved the pegym editor tag.
        Will take this forward ,have sent a pm.

Comment

Minuteman, I apologize for the confusion.

First, I'll introduce myself again to you -- my name's Kimberly, and I'm the managing editor now for PEGym.com. Remek wants to make sure PEGym continues to offer the best content out there and know that ensuring this is a huge undertaking. I was asked to go through back posts here in the editor forum and find content that may have slipped through the editorial cracks.

I've sent out PMs to everyone I saw who was active here and writing content, asking if they had any past articles that had yet to be published, as well as any new ideas/works-in-progress. Pegasus was kind enough to respond, nominated one of his posts and this one of yours. (Thank you, Pegasus!)

I definitely agreed with him your DO guide was too good to not be published. It was not only well-written, but also incredibly informative. This is exactly the quality content we're looking for, for PEGym.com.

I cleaned up the article and posted it. Per Remek's instructions, it is now our policy to post articles under the original author's name, to ensure credit is given where credit is due. If you would like the article to be posted under the PEGym Admin authorship, this is not a problem - just let me know.

Again, I apologize for any confusion. I was under the understanding that articles posted in the forums were acceptable for eventual publication on PEGym.com.

Please feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail directly at [email protected] (this is the quickest way to reach me).

Also, we're definitely in need of fresh content for the website. Our goal is to have at least three new articles posted each week. If you have any article ideas, please let me know.

Thanks so much for your help and continued support!

Kimberly
          Last edited by KMWylie; 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM.
          Kimberly
          PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

My thanks to all three of you.
            Despite the awkward start, the article is a credit to all of you.
            The misunderstandings aside, the results will help a lot of men.
            Pirate Diplomacy:
            The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Originally posted by KMWylie View Post
              Please feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail directly at [email protected] (this is the quickest way to reach me).
              I PMed you with the details.
              premE FAQ

Comment

Working...
              X