Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting reverse kegels right

Hi All,
    So I've read all about reverse kegels and their role in minimizing premature ejaculation. Doing them right is a challenge. Doing them right after a piss is probably the best since that is when I have the best sense of doing the reverse kegel right. Of course, I don't always have the luxury of doing this. Would it just be safe to assume that the reverse kegel involves pushing the pelvic floor outwards?

It really would be nice to get some input on how some of you worked towards getting the reverse kegel right. Please do let me know. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

SilentObserver

Well.. To be honest... the way I got the reverse down was by realizing that you technically "reverse kegel" as well when you try to squeeze out a fart.. And yes it is, as you say, the feeling of pressing the pelvic floor down you are going after. So after being familiarized with the "trying to press a fart out" I focused on only using the PC muscle, and not the muscles in my butt. If you are in doubt how to focus on only the PC, the that the one you use to make you pee go faster out with.
    ...The hammer i speak of is my manhood.

Pre-PE Stats (Dec. 2012): BPEL: 6.9'', MEG: 4.8''
    April 2013: BPEL: 7.6'', MEG: 5.2''
    May 2013: BPEL: 7.7'', MEG: 5.25''
    July 2013: BPEL: 7.75'', MEG: 5.3''
    August 2013: BPEL: 7.8'', MEG: 5.4''

Comment

Originally posted by SilentObserver View Post
      Would it just be safe to assume that the reverse kegel involves pushing the pelvic floor outwards?
      Yes. Forget about which muscles are involved for the moment and just practice pushing your pelvic floor in different directions so that you can develop a feel for it.
      On a break from the forum
      imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
      Pelvic Floor Balance
      Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Comment

Originally posted by MrHammer View Post
        Well.. To be honest... the way I got the reverse down was by realizing that you technically "reverse kegel" as well when you try to squeeze out a fart.. And yes it is, as you say, the feeling of pressing the pelvic floor down you are going after. So after being familiarized with the "trying to press a fart out" I focused on only using the PC muscle, and not the muscles in my butt.
        I think that inflating/pressing your pelvic floor down just using your PC muscle like MrHammer says is a great way to describe it.

Originally posted by imac View Post
        Yes. Forget about which muscles are involved for the moment and just practice pushing your pelvic floor in different directions so that you can develop a feel for it.
        This is also true. Thing is that IMHO you want to get the hang of your pelvic floor. So no matter what direction you move it (as long as you vary it of course) you'll still get more control over it. See it like if you are learning how to control a new part of your body and how to contract it and stretch it at will.

When you get control over it and tone these muscles up (toned muscles help transmit sensations to the nerve endings more effectively) you can finally develop the power of doing one thing with them during sex: relax them.
        My premature ejaculation blog

Comment

thanks so much for the responses. I have to admit I was blissfully unaware of reverse kegels until recently. Tried using them while Edging last night and it definitely does help. I really hope this is the path to victory over a battle I have been fighting way too long. Thanks so much for the input. I am sure I will have more questions as I practice reverse kegels. I am doing a 150 of them every alternate day. Is that decent for a start?

Comment

I am doing a 150 of them every alternate day. Is that decent for a start?
            That sounds like a lot to me. Try to focus on the quality more than the quantity. You want to develop awareness and not beat a world record.

Pay attention to your sensations and do the exercises mindfully.

Comment

Originally posted by X Black View Post
              That sounds like a lot to me. Try to focus on the quality more than the quantity. You want to develop awareness and not beat a world record.

Pay attention to your sensations and do the exercises mindfully.
              I only hold for about 2-3 seconds for each reverse Kegel. Any tips on building awareness? I could really use some. Today's session was not what I would call great by any stretch. I don't do 150 at one stretch. I find there is fatique after 50 repetitions. I split the session into three parts during the day. What number of repetitions do you recommend for starters - or do you think it should be a purely time-based thing. Maybe 10 continuous minutes of as many reverse kegels as I can get in. Thoughts?

Comment

I also find it difficult to do these without holding my breath to get the forceful push of the pelvic floor outwards. Is this normal for starters?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

If you find it difficult to keep breathing normally while doing RK's start by syncing your breathing with the RK's.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...se-kegels.html

Once you get good at that, then practice breathing normally while holding an RK until you can do that comfortably.

Keep practising doing them in different directions to get a better feel on how to control your PF muscles.
                    On a break from the forum
                    imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
                    Pelvic Floor Balance
                    Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Comment

I only hold for about 2-3 seconds for each reverse Kegel. Any tips on building awareness? I could really use some.
                      What I mean is that you need to pay attention to your sensations.
                      I know how frustrating p.e. is and how quickly you want to improve. That's great but you need to keep your focus in the right direction.

I think you're losing your focus when asking about the number of repetitions.

I want you to improve, so listen the reason why you're doing the kegel routines is to get control over your pelvic floor in a way that next time you're having sex you can keep it relaxed at will. It's also true that for some people on this forum it works well holding a RK during sex, but anyways whatever direction you decide to take (keep pelvic floor relax or holding a rk during sex) you need to be able to control these pelvic muscles.

At the moment you probably (I say probably because you haven't given us details about you in this thread) lose control over them during sex, they spasm and you cum without being able to stop yourself.

So in order to control these muscles, you need to feel them. And this is why I say do the exercises with "awareness".

Start small, doing a few repetitions but trying to feel the muscle contracting and stretching. That's in the end all you need.
                      Then according to the response you get from your body decide if you need to increase the number of repetitions in order to get the movement "right" or to feel you "own" these muscles or if the repetitions you do now are enough.

The best thing would be to test yourself, have sex and see if you're improving or not. That's the best goal-based feedback you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by imac View Post
                        If you find it difficult to keep breathing normally while doing RK's start by syncing your breathing with the RK's.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...se-kegels.html

Once you get good at that, then practice breathing normally while holding an RK until you can do that comfortably.

Keep practising doing them in different directions to get a better feel on how to control your PF muscles.
                        Thank you so much for this!

Comment

What I mean is that you need to pay attention to your sensations.
                          I know how frustrating p.e. is and how quickly you want to improve. That's great but you need to keep your focus in the right direction.

I think you're losing your focus when asking about the number of repetitions.

I want you to improve, so listen the reason why you're doing the kegel routines is to get control over your pelvic floor in a way that next time you're having sex you can keep it relaxed at will. It's also true that for some people on this forum it works well holding a RK during sex, but anyways whatever direction you decide to take (keep pelvic floor relax or holding a rk during sex) you need to be able to control these pelvic muscles.

At the moment you probably (I say probably because you haven't given us details about you in this thread) lose control over them during sex, they spasm and you cum without being able to stop yourself.

So in order to control these muscles, you need to feel them. And this is why I say do the exercises with "awareness".

Start small, doing a few repetitions but trying to feel the muscle contracting and stretching. That's in the end all you need.
                          Then according to the response you get from your body decide if you need to increase the number of repetitions in order to get the movement "right" or to feel you "own" these muscles or if the repetitions you do now are enough.

The best thing would be to test yourself, have sex and see if you're improving or not. That's the best goal-based feedback you can get.
                          Thanks so much for this. I agree that the awareness part of it is probably more important than the repetition component. I will work on getting "quality" reverse kegels and opposed to "quantity". Right now, I attempt the reverse kegel as part of the start-stop method.

I think that in my case, it is a combination of not being aware of the immediate precursor to my PONR and the fact that I am unable to relax them (although I think the former is the bigger issue).

Comment

I think that in my case, it is a combination of not being aware of the immediate precursor to my PONR and the fact that I am unable to relax them (although I think the former is the bigger issue).
                            Yeah, the former is definitely more important.

Because if you think about it, (at the beginning at least, before it becomes an habit) "relaxing your pelvic floor" is an action you take based on the sensations in your body. So being able to feel the sensations come first.

To recognize your levels of arousal before the ponr try naming them.

You don't necessarily need to use the 1-10 scale, but simply give name to your sensations in a way easy to remember for you. The effort of having to find a name that matches that sensation will bring your mind to pay more attention to the sensation itself, so that you can well describe it.

This will sharpen your awareness and help you improve.

Let me know how it goes.
                            Do constant steady steps, don't overwork.

Comment

Yeah, the former is definitely more important.

Because if you think about it, (at the beginning at least, before it becomes an habit) "relaxing your pelvic floor" is an action you take based on the sensations in your body. So being able to feel the sensations come first.

To recognize your levels of arousal before the ponr try naming them.

You don't necessarily need to use the 1-10 scale, but simply give name to your sensations in a way easy to remember for you. The effort of having to find a name that matches that sensation will bring your mind to pay more attention to the sensation itself, so that you can well describe it.

This will sharpen your awareness and help you improve.

Let me know how it goes.
                              Do constant steady steps, don't overwork.
                              Thank you so much! I honestly love this community for the amount of prompt support I get. If I do end up overcoming this problem, it will be predominantly because of you folks on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X