Question about eliminating IK's??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about eliminating IK's??????

Last night was the first time I actually tried to monitor my pelvic floor with a hand to see what was going on during stimulation, and I found that I am having a LOT more IK's than I thought I was. Basically any good squeeze of the glans produced a relatively strong IK, one which I did not even really feel without having a finger on the muscle to see. My question is, how does one really go about eliminating this IK? It is unclear to me how a reverse kegel will stop the nervous systems response to that stimuli??? Obviously doing a hard reverse kegel at the time will prevent the spasm, but does this process really prevent it from occurring the next time????? I dont get it. My inclination is that I need to practice some ballooning as well to reduce the sensitivity????

Just start off with slow squeezes and really focus on maintaining a neutral pelvic floor, it took me a about a week of sessions to get used to it but just keep at it. I still need to concentrate but I am much more aware now. It gets easier quickly, trust me.

Edit:

Just thought I'd add a bit more info.

Start working your way up from the base of your penis to where a squeeze will cause an IK. Use this as a starting point, eliminate IK's here first then move up and up to the head. The head is much more difficult but you will get there. After which you can add stroking and other movement etc
    DodgeDodge
    Last edited by DodgeDodge; 02-12-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

So, again, are we talking about using a reverse kegel to combat the IK, or just conscious pelvic floor relaxation??

Comment

That is my problem as well causing the feeling of wanting to come happen within 30 seconds.I have found reverse kegals,pelvic floor exercises,pc and bc muscle stretching and massaging the whole pelvic floor area daily has helped stop the IK'S FROM HAPPENING....

Comment

very good, thanks Bend, I was just thinking out loud wondering how that specific nerve impulse linking a glans squeeze to a kegel would stop??? you know, kind of like a nerve impulse producing pain from a pinch to your arm, I dont think that thinking "oh, that doesnt hurt" will make it not hurt, its a nerve impulse know what I mean????

Comment

I just focus on keeping it all relaxed. No reverse kegels. I just tell myself to be aware of and feel the sensations but not to physically react. Takes a bit of practice but progress was pretty quick

Comment

Originally posted by almightycrunch View Post
              very good, thanks Bend, I was just thinking out loud wondering how that specific nerve impulse linking a glans squeeze to a kegel would stop??? you know, kind of like a nerve impulse producing pain from a pinch to your arm, I dont think that thinking "oh, that doesnt hurt" will make it not hurt, its a nerve impulse know what I mean????
              I have read that they call it the "anal wink".....I really think it all has to do with tight pelvic floor muscles and not doing pc clenches....reverse kegals have a better effect on loosening the pelvic floor.I think with what you are talking about would not happen if all your pelvic floor muscles were loose and not tight because that "nerve impulse" is really a muscle twitching because its tight.When your muscles are loose in the pelvic floor touching the head of the penis doesn't cause any contractions.

Comment

When you anticipate an involuntary kegal, just do a reverse kegal as "competing response". This will retrain your muscle response. Read more here:
                https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...aculation.html

I used to have a lot of IK's. Almost every stroke was an involuntary kegal. And few strokes were enough to reach me PONR. I started doing one or more reverse kegals after each stroke. And within a couple of weeks, I was able to edge with tight grip without getting any significant RK's.

Another thing which works is rubbing the glans and frenulum with your thumb while keeping your pelvic floor relaxed. You will get used to the rubbing sensation and IK's will be reduced.

Comment

So are you thinking that a reverse weighted kegel program is the answer here??? I swear, I would be very surprised to find out that my pelvic floor is "tight" I just dont feel like it is at all, its very odd, always feels very relaxed, I feel "nothing" in my pelvic floor even resembling tension.

Comment

While I don't know why it works - it does. I assume we trained ourselves to have these IK by kegelling during stimulation at a younger age. Therefore, I don't see why it would not be possible to un-train it. I just call it muscle memory.

Also, although I have been practicing that squeeze+ hard RK technique for some time, I have not been able to completely remove the response. I still get IK if I stimulate the area too much at high arousal. It may be possible that some level of IK is needed in order to be able to achieve orgasm. I have started a poll to investigate this further.
                    Diagnosing the cause of your premature ejaculation
                    Edging For Premature Ejaculation

Comment

So are you thinking that a reverse weighted kegel program is the answer here??? I swear, I would be very surprised to find out that my pelvic floor is "tight" I just dont feel like it is at all, its very odd, always feels very relaxed, I feel "nothing" in my pelvic floor even resembling tension.
                      try stretching it and doing massage then you will know if its tight.....also if you do a kegal and can't hold it long, your pelvic floor is tight.Most people have tight pelvic floor and glutes naturally.

Comment

I have been doing the stretches for at least a month, havent noticed any changes really. I havent followed a regular kegel routine as I was scared of the threads about it making some peoples PremE worse, but I have done some minimal work with them. I can hold pretty hard for a good 20-30 seconds at this time, and likely longer, though I have never timed it out to see exactly how long I can hold for. How are you suggesting someone do pelvic massage?

Comment

That is strange crunch, if I try and RK close to the PONR, it is immediately overcome by a strong IK, does that not happen to you? I also thought holding an RK during orgasm would result in a DO?

Also, one thing which may cause problems with this poll is difficulty in noticing IKs, often little sneaky ones can go un-noticed, causing you to think there are none when actually there are.
                          Diagnosing the cause of your premature ejaculation
                          Edging For Premature Ejaculation

Comment

I have been doing the stretches for at least a month, havent noticed any changes really. I havent followed a regular kegel routine as I was scared of the threads about it making some peoples PremE worse, but I have done some minimal work with them. I can hold pretty hard for a good 20-30 seconds at this time, and likely longer, though I have never timed it out to see exactly how long I can hold for. How are you suggesting someone do pelvic massage?
                            check this out and this site has great stretching as well.....Tennis Ball Massage | PrematureJ

Comment

Originally posted by ammonite View Post
                              That is strange crunch, if I try and RK close to the PONR, it is immediately overcome by a strong IK, does that not happen to you? I also thought holding an RK during orgasm would result in a DO?

Also, one thing which may cause problems with this poll is difficulty in noticing IKs, often little sneaky ones can go un-noticed, causing you to think there are none when actually there are.
                              No, I would say the same thing for me there, my hard RK is not strong enough to prevent a regular kegel from overriding it, and that was part of why I was not understanding how applying an RK to eliminate an IK would work. In my present situation, I would never believe that an RK could possibly facilitate a DO at all! And I totally agree about not noticing IK's, a week ago I would have never believed that I was having anywhere near as many as I really am, after placing a finger on my taint and stimulating the glans last night, any good squeeze of the glans produces immediate kegeling, and I could not feel them internally at all.
                              almightycrunch
                              Last edited by almightycrunch; 02-12-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X