Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PE story and how I should start fighting it

Hello guys!

I am new to the forums and also new to all the science, tips and tricks behind the PE problem.

But i am not new to the problem of PE itself of course. I read a lot in the forums, on other (german) sites and some books in the last few weeks. I found a lot of good advice and thoughts here and I would appreciate any help I can get to gain control over whatever leads to my problem.

I would like to give you some background about me as good as I can, to eventually get more detailed advice related to my personal problems with PE. Because there are so many different techniques and theories I read perhaps I can get rid of at least some of them in order to not end up spending too much time with worthless exercises or even making things worse and get a decent number of things I should try or work on with more efficiency.

So here is what I would like to share with you and by the way I am sorry for my writing in advance as I am from Germany and no native english speaker:

I am 36 years old, healthy and (lately) in relatively good shape.
    I think I am kind of masturbating since I was a child. I guess something like 5 or 6 years old. In this early stage I didn’t do anything with my penis directly but I was consistently climbing up ropes and stuff with the focus of bending and stretching my legs and contracting all kinds of muscles which led to a dry orgasm. Of course I didn’t know about orgasms in those times but it gave me a kind of „good feeling“ in the region of my lower belly together with the feeling of having to pee urgently. I did that whenever possible and followed through until orgasms didn’t stay dry anymore. So I was about 12 or 13 years old.

From there on „real“ masturbation was part of my daily routine. Mostly several times per day and my penis being sored sometimes didn’t hold me back from this. Throughout this time I think in my mind there was nothing good about masturbation except the orgasm itself. That was just the only thing it was about. Getting this orgasm as fast as possible unaware of the action that leads to it. getting it faster was the main aim. So I remember scenes when I noticed, that the third time on one day masturbating takes a little longer than the first, I just gave everything to force orgasm like contracting every muscle form my arms to my belly, gluteus, legs, feet and toes and probably many more a good amount of time ending up with cramped calves.

I just remember a situation talking about masturbation with a good friend of mine. We were about 15 years old and I laughed at him when he told me, it takes him at least 10-15 minutes to jerk off while I was ready in less than 2 minutes without any problem. Wondering who would be the one to lough nowadays…

At around 16 it was the time of my first girlfriends with hand jobs and I really wasn’t aware of what PE meant or even thought about it. A load directly into my shorts caused by just a little kissing and rubbing outside my pants was OK for both of us and I didn’t think about what a good lover might be or female orgasm or whatever. I just didn’t put my mind on that in this early sexual stage.

This of course changed with my first real sex partners. I was suddenly aware of the problem and also sure about it after a few „not even inside…“ accidents.

Nevertheless I didn’t pay that much attention to the problem. At least I didn’t do anything to fight it but occasionally tell myself to last longer this time…

… OK next time …
    … OK next time …
    … OK next time …

And this still is status quo.
    The only times I really last longer is when I have sex several times in a row or when I am drunk, but in both cases also struggling with minor erection at the same time of course, so not really what I am looking for.

Lately I started getting my ass up a little bit in regards of my own health. I started to eat better food, go out a lot and do some fitness stuff and workout at least twice a week. I feel much better libido, much better erections and better feeling throughout my whole body. Perhaps this is the reason why I decided to take a look at the PE problem again. I first read a book about male multi orgasm and I couldn’t believe it. I have never heard of it to be honest. I read about the concept (keels of course) and started off right away. As I wanted to get a feeling for how long it will take to get the first dry orgasm I made an attempt to use the concept while masturbating before I started any kind of training.

But what the hell…!?
    It didn’t take me 3-6 months or longer like described in the book. It took me exactly one try to get 2 dry and one normal orgasm in the first attempt. Even so I was proud at first I was aware that this will not really help me out. The 3 orgasms happened within 3 Minutes so if I would have used this during sex I would perhaps gain 30 seconds to 1 minute more than under normal conditions as my arousal seems to not go down after a dry orgasm.

So I looked further at the internet trying to find other techniques and hints and I came to this forums.
    Now I know there ARE in fact ways to improve stamina and duration and my only aim (sexually) is to improve on that. It’s not just an ego trip but if asked I would always give the answer, that I like the act of having sex much more than the orgasm itself. This is my motivation. Being able to pound instead of moving cautiously and anxious during sex to get my girlfriend to orgasm even if it is less satisfying for me. that’s the way we have sex at the moment. We have good technique to master that as she likes more having our abdomens pressed together while performing circles and get her orgasm really quick. But what can I say? Sometimes you just want to be more filthy and not limited to one technique. Whenever it comes to real in and out action I end up in a mess.

Now that I read a little and thought about myself and reasons for my PE and possible help and I do get deeper into the subject I feel it will be a long way but I also think it’s not to late and I am not willed to just accept but fight against it.

In order to get some help and hints I am going to list everything I noticed since my new awareness of my PE and pelvic floor:

1. I perform 1-3 kegels after urinating every time to get the last drops out. I am so used to this that I would say they feel like involuntary as I have a real bad feeling if I don’t do them. I am trying to keep away from it the last days and it is really hard.
    2. By thinking about kegels and getting to know them and the feeling for K/RK I try to focus my attention on what really happens down there. By that I really think that I have some kind of tension in the front part just below the balls nearly all day long as the feeling of trying to relax this part is exhausting to me.
    3. I do IKs in hundreds of situations. When I focused on that I realized this happens when moving back in a chair, standing up, while walking, change my sleeping position in bed, while driving and so on.
    4. A lot of IKs while trying to get an erection for masturbating like pumping the blood into my penis. IKs if erected 30% or more and the frenelum is touched in any way by my girlfriend or me. This makes the penis jump around like hell raising arousal with every jump performed. Same thing with every stroke on the erected penis. Every stroke equals one contraction of the pc.
    5. The feeling of the urge to ejaculate grows directly with my state of erection. That means if I am 100 % erected there is nearly no need to do much more with the penis in order to ejaculate. Few strokes would be enough if I don’t focus very hard on it.
    6. Ejaculation would be even possible with anything just over about a 50 % erection as the level of arousal is much higher than the grade of my erection.

So far my story.
    By now I just did easy K/RK routines every other day for about a week or so because I think it might not be harmful. Before I start off really fighting against my PE I would like to know what others say about my problem and perhaps it is similar to someones experience and I can get some hints to find out on what I should primarily focus.

to the Gym EarlyMatt!

You'd be surprised how common your story is, fear not, worry not, you have come to the right place!

To summarize the "problem", we are addressing a psychological factor which is anxiety, performance anxiety to be exact, and physiological, in reference to your tight pelvic floor, the latter can be treated by exercises and the former would require some relaxation and confidence on your part!

Start with reading the stickies on this forum, arousal techniques and more helpful info available.

Then make sure you read the following threads, and plan a regular and reverse kegels routine to follow.

Pelvic Floor Balance

How to Do Kegel Exercises for Men: A Definitive Guide to Male Kegeling | PEGym

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...-thats-me.html

Yoga Poses for Pelvic Floor Stretching - relax your muscles

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...ep-squats.html

To reverse the effects caused by poor masturbation habits, practice edging, the following threads will help you understand different edging techniques, begin with the basic start/stop technique until you are conditioned for the dry orgasm and MMO techniques later on.

Edging 101

Edging For Premature Ejaculation

Edging Toward MMO

If you are interested in penis enlargement exercises to improve your penile health and EQ in addition to a bonus of size increase, don't miss this thread!!

And if you haven't already done so, please https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...cess-here.html and focus on safety.

Good Luck!
    A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Thank you very much for the hearty welcome and for the information and links provided.

I already did read most of it and I am glad to get that much information and insight into something what I would call a whole new world for me. I have to say that I did never feel to really suffer hard from my PE mentally as I always kept telling myself „A little longer would be nice but I am born like that so go with it.“ That was my attitude so you can imagine what kind of brain explosion it was to hear there ARE ways to cure that because I really never looked for any way out of the mess before by just accepting it.

I would like to describe what I am trying to do to fight my PE in this thread giving some updates from time to time and ask questions whenever I am stuck. Hopefully this is will be the kind of extra motivation I need to keep up the fight.

Choosing the right way to go
      By reading a lot here in books and on other sites I now came to the conclusion that I will try to begin the fight from the physical side. One reason for this is that I think it is much easier at the beginning to get started into the whole process. Additionally I think PE starts just the other way round. The psychological factor causes a certain physical habit. So I try to redo the process backwards. I don’t know if this does make any sense but nevertheless I guess the two things will mix up anyway during process and I just try to get something started with the physical component.

Watching my body
      Now that I did take things seriously for the last 2 weeks and after my first few days of Kegel exercises I tried to keep my focus on my pelvic floor whenever possible to understand a little more about what is happening down there and in the whole penile area throughout the day. For that I tried to dive into my own body and going down there mentally and keeping the feeling of the muscles and their actions in very days life.

What I noticed immediately was a light but permanent tension of the bc muscle (at least I guess it is?) just behind and under the testicles. I also noticed I can force it to relax by visualizing it but it will always restore the tension whenever I get distracted from it. With that mentally forced relaxation during work, driving, eating and whenever possible for a day I noticed the muscle was getting fatigued. It felt a little bit like a muscle hangover.

Along with the permanent tension I also noticed some stronger single contractions of the muscle in different situations like getting in and out the car, changing my sitting position at work, standing up from chair, moving while in bed and so on.

Regarding this tension and assuming my bc muscle is fairly strong (remember when I first heard of techniques for dry orgasm I was able to perform it right away with a Kegel twice without ever trying it before) I assume I will have to go for the balance of the pelvic floor with a little more focus on RKs. The RK seems to be hard to perform for me as I really don’t feel any muscle movement or stretching at all while trying. I am able to simulate the feeling of forcing me to pee but don’t feel like hitting the muscle with it correctly. This is what I will focus my work on for now.

My first edging experiences
      In addition to gaining more awareness of my muscle movement I had my first edging session and a lot of questions came up with is. I lay down calm and did a little deep diaphragmatic breathing to relax. I was dying to not do the edging like my normal masturbation so I tried to get aroused not by just rubbing and waiting to get erected to start from there. I tried to get aroused slowly and with just a little touching in ways I normally don’t use. And there was the first problem. I couldn’t manage to get erected in any way by just me and my thoughts.

My normal habit begins with just a thought like „Oh, I could jerk off a bit“. There doesn’t have to be any kind of arousal prior to this. Then I start stroking directly from the start when masturbating even if my penis is not erected at all. Then while stroking arousal and erection both rise up and at about 90 % erection there’s my PONR leading to 100 % erection for some seconds or so. The whole process is about 1-3 Minutes in general.

Now back to my edging session. I tried to get aroused somewhat for about 10 Minutes but nothing happened. I was absolutely relaxed when I noticed that that was the main problem for me. Whenever I normally get erected my bc does perform several strong Kegels like pushing blood into my penis. Being relaxed that way I was avoiding the Kegels and therefore somehow the erection.

Nevertheless I wanted to try the main part of the edging session and did get erected after another 5 minutes or so. Now interesting things happened. I started very soft and at the very bottom of the shaft moving my hand up and down just a bit. To get a little more feeling what my muscles are doing I slightly pressed two fingers of the other hand to the perineum at the same time. Now whenever I did a stroke the muscle contracted with an IK of around half of its maximum strength. There was no chance for me to avoid that in any way. I even tried to make strokes as tiny as possible and barely noticeable but still whenever my hand moved down even just 5 millimeters, the muscle contracted strong for half a second.

Additionally whenever I touched my frenulum in any way the IKs were changing to 3-5 very quick contractions within a second. Just a soft touch worked like a trigger to let those spasms happen every single time. Far away from anything I can control by now just like electric shocks down there.

I tried to Kegel voluntarily and this felt like I would get to PONR faster. So I tried RK (mine is still of very poor strength) but the IKs just went over it and turned it around.

I did get close to PONR after some minutes and managed to stop and stay there for a short period time (perhaps 15 seconds only but still much longer than I normally would) by concentrating very hard on it and then managed to stop. I gave myself a minute and started over again still being on a very high level of arousal and near to the next PONR but erection already getting down to like 30 % because of the lack of stimulation. I managed another 2 minutes till next PONR. I stopped again and ended the session without ejaculating or orgasm.

My first conclusion
      This all was very new and interesting to me. And I really feel a strong will keeping up working on that. The problem seems to be the pelvic floor imbalance and tension in the bc as well as the enormous amount of IKs that I noticed during edging which seem to really try to „pump“ me to orgasm as quickly as possible. I think thats’ where the fight begins for me…

My questions so far (there will be a lot more to come)
      1.) What seems to be a good Kegel routine in my case and should I consider doing just RKs and no normal Kegels to get rid of the tension I feel?

2.) Avoiding spasms and any sort of IKs seems to be the key. Should I try to avoid ALL of them regarding the fact they normally start before being erected in order to get a good erection or should I even avoid those early ones? So to say: are they wanted or unwanted in the first step of getting erected? Should I perhaps Kegel voluntarily at the beginning in order to pump that thing up?

3.) Should I Kegel or RK to avoid the IKs on my way to PONR while edging?

I am going to keep this up!

Greetz,
      Matt

Comment

It is ok to try an RK only routine for some time (till you fix your IK's). Back kegal causes the anus muscles to clench again and again and are counter productive for many of us.

Here is another good thread to fix IK's through RK as a "competing response".
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/premature-ejaculation-forum/11391-solution-premature-ejaculation.html

As a starter, you should adjust the stimulation (visual/mental/imagination, stroke rate, stroke intensity, lubrication etc.) to very low level, so that involuntary IK's don't happen. Prolong your time to 1 hour or so.
        You will notice that within few sessions, your body will get used to the sensations and it will need more stimulation. you can increase the intensity gradually and master the next step. But the rule of thumb is to not let the IK's happens. It is kind of bottom up approach to master the arousal levels.

When your arousal is between levels 0-7, you can control it. In other words parasympathetic nervous system is controlling it. When your arousal tries to switch to level 8 or above, you get IK's. It is kind of involuntary zone and sympathetic or involuntary nervous system takes charge of it.
        Premature ejaculators completely miss the arousal levels 0-7 and within seconds reach to level 8 or so, that's why they start getting IK's from the beginning (even when they are no fully erect).

Comment

Thank you very much for your input sameel!

I agree fully to your hints on getting started very soft and at low level.

I can confirm what you say about the missing levels of arousal in my case, too. For example if I would be walking through the mall and not thinking about anything sexual then see a cute girl crossing my way. Now a single thought like "wow, nice ass!" and a second of imagination are enough to get the strong feeling my shaft gets loaded immediately without my penis was even moving up a bit. If getting erected in this stage all it would need is a toilet and 5 strokes to finish (luckily I can avoid this kind of things happening).

Another question on edging:
          When you say I should prolong it to an hour do you mean I should always keep far away from PONR for the whole time by changing the methods or with several full stops to avoid PONR several times?

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...aculation.html

Comment

Thank you Pegasus. I did read that one already. I was just wondering if sameel suggests a stop/start or plateau in my case. Now I now, thank you.

I will have to proceed with this really slow, because right now it seems impossible to me to get an erection just being alone with me and my imagination and staying away from those first few pumping IKs to make my penis hard.

As mentioned before I tried RK exercises and feel very uncomfortable with it. I can simulate pushing out like urinating faster but I don't feel any muscle movement or stretching along with it unless I put really hard pressure on my lower belly. I don't do this because it just feels not right for my body.

I have to say that I always tried them sitting so I can put them into my routines with Kegels that I perform for example while I am at work. I tried around with it for several days but the RKs didn't seem to improve.

Yesterday evening while in bed I tried them in another way more or less by accident. I did them while lying face down and with a pillow under my belly because I was reading. I noticed a lot more movement and much better feeling for the "bulking" it caused. So went a step further and took a position I normally would much more like to see my girl in rather than me.

It was some kind of "face down, ass up" with my back put on my heels and my knees close to my chest and a bit of hollow back. This pose felt like natural soft stretching of the bc muscle. With this feeling it was much easier for me to bulk that area with only little pressure and still keep deep breathing from the diaphragm. I am still far away from being able to perform something like a strong RK and probably can't stop any IK with it by now but I did get a lot more feeling for it.

Another interesting thing I noticed is, that in this pose I had the feeling that there is another tension or muscle shortening more in the back reaching from the tailbone to somewhere in the middle of the perineum with the tightest feeling in the area around the anus. Maybe I should get into stretching exercises for the whole pelvic area along with my other exercises. My girlfriend is yoga teacher so she probably can help me with that.

Comment

Tried another edging session yesterday. I noticed that in fact I am able to keep away the IKs that do appear in the first stages of getting aroused a little by keeping my focus on the muscle to keep relaxed. That's the good news!

Bad news is that while doing this also keeps me away from getting any kind of erection at all. Arousal rises in increments but even if I am at a level of 5 or above nothing happens as long as I don't let IKs happen and stay relaxed. So I just played around with the feeling of arousal a bit for about 40 minutes or so and afterwards did some stretching mixed up with RKs.

I really can't imagine the what the feeling might be without that pumping of the bc to get an erection. Waiting to let it happen without the IK makes me feel like having ED or something but I really never had to struggle with that even once in my life. Normally it is much more like getting an erection way to easy and fast like whenever my girl walks from bathrom to bedroom and I see her half naked the member moves up.

Comment

Yes, keep yourself far away from PONR. Stop or slow down as many times as you need.

Originally posted by EarlyMatt View Post
                  Another question on edging:
                  When you say I should prolong it to an hour do you mean I should always keep far away from PONR for the whole time by changing the methods or with several full stops to avoid PONR several times?

Comment

Thanx again sameel.

I understand and would love to try but there is still the point that I am really confused about with not being able to get an erection while keeping my muscle away from performing strong IKs to pump the blood into my penis.

I still wonder if part of this is "working as intended" but I guess not, because these IKs not only pump the blood but already perform that kind of "preloading the shaft" thing and leading to high level of arousal first step towards PONR. I think I am around 50% on the way to PONR if fully erected without touching or getting touched).

I am really confused about whats going on there. I didn't realize those pumping actions or at least didn't mind until I started to get more information about PE to be more aware of the pelvic floor background and theories.

Perhaps someone could please tell me if one would call it "normal" if:
                    1.) At the stage of getting en erection penis is moved and pumped up by several contractions of the bc each lasting about 1-2 seconds and performed in intervals of around 5 seconds
                    2.) The area of the perineum is getting hard consistantly for the whole time of erection between anus and testicles.
                    EarlyMatt
                    Last edited by EarlyMatt; 08-10-2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Let the contractions happen at the time of erection. It is normal.
                      Then start touching the penis with your finger etc., you will not be able to stroke without contractions. That's why minimum stimulation (stroking, imagination, visual, audio) is advised. After doing this for few weeks, your body will demand more stimulation to even keep you erect.
                      Don't worry, and just get started. It will take sometime to change the behaviour of directly reaching to PONR.

Comment

I appreciate your help very much, sameel! Thank you so much, that's good news.

I did another interesting experiment today.

I was normally watching some porn for musturbation like 50% of the times of jerking off. I did cut that off 2 or 3 weeks ago when I decided to fight my PE. Nevertheless I did watch porn today with the intension to see how I react on it without touching myself or planning to get an orgasm in any way.

Normally I would sit there in front of my pc with a huge boner already while just looking for the right scenes I want to watch. This time having my mind sticked to another aim focusing on the IKs and relaxation I could sit there and watch porn for hours with nothing happening at all. I felt a slight arousal somewhere around level 2 and 3 but no sign of erection will start coming from itself.

Quick recap
                        My habit was to watch porn or masturbate on my own for getting an orgasm. If not already having a strong erection from only thinking about it before anyway I would have started stroking and playing with it falccid. Then when gettin to 80% erection I nearly was at PONR and from there on it only took seconds to finish. This all is due to a lot of IKs even when flaccid putting my arousal level up in a spiral very quickly.
                        When I watched porn today it was like my brain new I was going to "trick" it and planning to not get an orgasm at all so it refused to do anything that could give me an erection.

My thoughts
                        I did get much more insight of what is going on but also I am very desperated because of not beeing able to get en erection without IKs. I really don't know on what to work on best.
                        All I really know now is if I could hold back the IKs during sex or masturbation and still get and maintain an erection I will be able to last much longer or even as long as physically possible. It is like a very strong feeling and I even recognize it now during intercourse that all that gets me to this PE are the IKs.

Question
                        Might it be possible that some kind of muscle in my pelvic floor is so tight that there is no way for the blood to go into the penis without getting pumped in it by kegeling?
                        I think about that, because lots of other users like me complain about having to wait for some seconds until pee comes out while pissing and additionally have to perform kegels involuntarily or voluntarily to get the last drops out to prevent much dribbling after taking a piss.
                        If it is true that the tightness could prevent pee from coming out by its own couldn't that be possibly true also for the blood flowing through the veins?
                        EarlyMatt
                        Last edited by EarlyMatt; 08-11-2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I just manageded my first real edging session of 50 minutes duration with the given advice.

I am really impressed. I started with slow midshaft strokes and with little sensations and arousal being around 50-60% erected. I used some lube. After 5 minutes I started to get the frenulum involved occasionally which instantly gave me stronger erection plus a lot of IKs but not to bad to pace me somewhere near PONR. I tried to minimize them by trying to perform a RK hold of some seconds and then focus on relaxing everything in my body. That worked out quite well several times and I were able to continue without slowing down much and still kepp a pleasurable level of arousal with good feelings. At some point after around 25 minutes with involving frenulum more and more I realized there are just about 10-20 seconds left to PONR and I slowed down the stimulation a bit. I then noticed, when my body tries to get to orgasm its not only the bc that conracts like hell but also nearly the whole rest of my body. Especially the glutes muscles, upper and lower legs and feet as well as something that I felt in the spine that was like performing a hollow back but unvisible from outside. I think those were the muscles involved in my childhood and youth when I tried to rush the orgasms for any reason and I kept doing it all the rest of my life.

Fighting back the PONR only took some seconds and I didn't fully stop. I just tried to focus very hard on relaxing everything and focused on the IKs to get weaker. This worked out well and after coming back to an arousal level of 6 or 7 I felt like I can go on like this easily. I had a lot of pleasure and could manage to get up and down the levels 7 to 9 by adjusting the stimulation.

This was my first edging session and the first time ever not hunting for orgasm in my life. It felt amazingly! Still there is a lot work to do but at least I do know what I try to achieve by all this. I don't think I could proceed like this while in intercourse because it is totally different arousal of course. I am looking forward to going on with this stuff.

Question

Will sex actually interfer negatively with the excercises and slow down progress if it is done as usual? Will I have to change something already while in the first beginners stage now?
                          EarlyMatt
                          Last edited by EarlyMatt; 08-11-2014, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I suggesst deep flat foot squats and yoga poses to start with in your case, along with low intensity edgeing .
                            A rk /kegel routine can be undertaken later.
                            Tense pelvic ffloor can interfer with blood flow.

Comment

The only thing I can recommend to you right now is to focus only on edging, be sure to aim for the 20-45 window and try to make it consistent.

Do only that for a month or two and basically move on to next ideas only after you have noticed no advance from edging in a while. It can be surprising just how much edging can help.

If you can include your girlfriend in the edging session all the better. For example edge for 10-15 minutes and then start having sex with her and see how it reflects on you. Instead of using porn masturbate together with here and then let if flow into sex. If she is into yoga chances are she knows about or at least understands tantric sex so all the better.

For some people edging is all they need to fix all of it.

And I also agree with Pegasus, deep squat stretch and yoga in general is a very good idea, but stay away from routines for now.

Will sex actually interfer negatively with the excercises and slow down progress if it is done as usual? Will I have to change something already while in the first beginners stage now?
                              Sex can never hurt if you go into it with the new found mindset and if you reflect on it and observe it. The more sex you have the better, as long as you are able to transfer at least the portion of the lessons you have learned.
                              Minuteman
                              Member of the Month March 2013.
                              Last edited by Minuteman; 08-11-2014, 07:24 AM.
                              premE FAQ

Comment

Working...
                              X