Expanded muscle balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanded muscle balance

Talking to my physio Nick about balance through the leg core area . Had some interesting things to say . Thought I would open up member discussion re things like quad ,hamstring ,lower back ,glute relative strength .

My particular situation was interesting in that he said my upper glute muscle (as he put it) was less developed . Now he said it was probably stronger than average but not the "rip my arm off" strength of my quads . The suggestions was step ups .

Comment

Your glute muscle is ur ass muscles so when he says upper I'm Assuming he means on the upper side of ur ass . Now ur glutes are part of your core/legs. You should do p90x ab ripper x . Amazing workout for core/abs and you will see some amazing results . Now for glutes you could do lunge hold on one leg for 60 seconds then do 15 reps . When doing the lunge you should squeeze ur glutes you will legit for the first time feel how it feels to flex ur ass muscle . Also doing squats , the glute machine in ur gym if they have one? But really just working on ur core will strengthen ur glutes

Comment

Actually "just working core" can lead to imbalance .
        Just talking glutes squats for instance tend to work lower glute.

Comment

I posted sometime back about that article on how women are stopping kegels and squating for pelvic floor balance.

"A Kegel attempts to strengthen the pelvic floor, but it really only continues to pull the sacrum inward promoting even more weakness, and more PF gripping. The muscles that balance out the anterior pull on the sacrum are the glutes. A lack of glutes (having no butt) is what makes this group so much more susceptible to pelvic floor disorder (PFD)"

But this is on balance if you see most men have no ass and huge Quads. Like you mentioned pegasus how strong yours quads are. Now if you work but not in gay way if you men work out how little development in the glutes they have is because being quad dominant I am quad dominant. What I found is western world from having overly tight hip flexors from sitting, and modern shoes make your Quads take over and your glutes shut off and less active . I found hip flexors stretches not only helps your glutes work better but has been the best thing in the world for low back pain. I can touch the ground with hands palm flat they kept telling me hamstring stretches but one I did hip flexor work the pain was gone. I know this is long winded but since it's about balance, making the flexors more flexible helps with developing more glutes which in turn should help your pelvic floor for this case.

Comment

This article explains it better than I can No Glutes = No results The Plague of the Mediocre Athlete -

Comment

Actually I I was trying to explain it can actually be more complex . My lower glute was ok from doing squats but the upper glute needed work.

Comment

I didn't know you could get paid to look at another man's ass and critique it's appearance.

Is that included in your membership or do they charge extra?
                Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

I am concerned with performance and injury prevention and so is the physio .

Comment

Actually it is a good tip to stretch hip flexor .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      Actually it is a good tip to stretch hip flexor .
                      I hate to say any term is a magic bullet or fix. But I believe tight hip flexors from sitting in the modern position all day is one of the biggest causes of back pain. And a major reason for under development in glutes.For years I was told to stretch my ham strings for low back pain to the point I could put my hands flat on the ground,but was Still having back pain.Once I worked hard on hip flexors and my pelvis was more in line the pain in my back stop. I was also able to get better hip extension and feel my ass,working more and not my Quads taking over when walking and doing dead lifts . I then found a lot of brett contraeas articles talking about tight hip flexors turning off glutes and glutes activation. This also when I found the previous mentioned Article I posted earlier about glutes and pelvic floor connection . It is fascinating how all the peices of the chain work together and one thing shuts them off. It's funny if the western world would squat more like eastern countries, or sit less like our ancestors we would be so much better off. So we go back to the most ancient human technique, sitting in a deep squat to help fix all the issues caused by the modern world.

There is also another article if I can find it how modern shoes also effect the modern human gait.How shoes throw off how we are made to walk naturally and is a cause of imbalances and issues. It was part of the minimalist shoes and barefoot running crowd if you are into that. I'm not but it makes sense.

Comment

Do hip thrusts

Comment

The physio says it is difficult for me to get full glute value for the exercises I am doing (squat etc) because of issues within the hip . He has given me a gay looking isolation exercise to do sigh.

Comment

Any more comment on this I think muscle imbalance is implicated in pre e and ed . Often it is lack of glute strength.

Comment

Check these out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz1gh_aYn5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhlVYy1wkKQ
                              7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
                              8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
                              8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
                              8 X 6 goal
                              8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X