Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PreE & "shy bladder"/"stagefright"/"pee difficulties": Interrelated for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PreE & "shy bladder"/"stagefright"/"pee difficulties": Interrelated for you?

Hi all,

I am very new here and eager to start working on my PreE problems. I thought it would be interesting to have some more discussion about shy bladder and if/how it relates to PreE for you. I struggle with starting my pee flow, primarily in public restrooms, even worse if it's a urinal, and lord have mercy, virtually impossible if it's a urinal without a divider. It feels like it is both anxiety and also a physical thing going on in the muscles down there. I have been known to stand at the urinal for an eternity, whispering to myself to please pee, and then walking away without success. Also notable is that I will very occasionally dribble a little extra pee on myself when I move some of the muscles down there as I go to put everything back in my pants. It's like water dribbling out of a garden hose that has already been turned off.

I have had a difficult time with this for as long as I can remember, which can also be said for my issues with premature ejaculation. There are a couple of older threads about this and a bit of information about causes and possible solutions (squats, stretching, reverse kegels to balance the pelvic floor, etc. Very similar to strategies for PreE, it seems.), but I am really interested if any of you have your own stories or experiences with this that you'd like to discuss.

I get 'shy bladder' if there's someone else using a urinal. It's even worse if they start chatting. No problem if I've had a few drinks ha ha. However I don't have Pre-E but pretty bad DE. I've never considered that the two may be related so it'll be interesting to see what others have to say.
    The Newt's Progress

Comment

I noticed something for the first time today actually in regards to having a slash.

I needed to piss really badly, and when i eventually got to the toilet, i was expecting to to come out at the speed of light, but i noticed that my push via the reverse kegel wasnt as strong as i remember it being. I immediately associated this with my PreE. I suffer alot from involuntary kegels, and i think putting these two pieces of information together, its pretty safe to say my reverse kegel muscles arent very strong... and my normal kegels seem to be pretty damn strong. (sometimes it feels like i can jack a car up with it!)

Btw i also have the same problem with the shy bladder thing.

Comment

I don't have stage fright. I do have pre-e And frequent urination issues. I don't have enlarged prostate and in my early 30s with. If I go drinking I have to go about every 30-35 minutes without pissing much when I need to go . Urologist didn't really have an answer of there than an easily irritated bladder.

Comment

Pre e is often associated with spasming in the pelvic floor and in general too much tightness . One can have tightness in the pelvic floor and be either weak or strong.
          A combination of a strong pelvic floor and anxiety can cause the issues the op describes.
          Anxiety is associated with both pre e and de.

I think spponmans issues are tightness and weakness.

While De needs more study it seems to involve misfiring of the pelvic floor rather than tightness or weakness. I have an article coming up on DE.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineNewt View Post
            I get 'shy bladder' if there's someone else using a urinal. It's even worse if they start chatting. No problem if I've had a few drinks ha ha. However I don't have Pre-E but pretty bad DE. I've never considered that the two may be related so it'll be interesting to see what others have to say.
            Someone starts chatting at the urinal?? That is like my entire urinary system gets boarded up for business- nothing happening there!!

Comment

Originally posted by bagelsoverkegels View Post
              Someone starts chatting at the urinal?? That is like my entire urinary system gets boarded up for business- nothing happening there!!
              Yeah, I don't know why but people seem to think it's a perfectly normal thing to do but I just don't get it!
              The Newt's Progress

Comment

While using the bathroom today at my house, I tried to focus on the sensation of pushing out the whole time, even for a few seconds after I was done urinating. I noticed that while I was urinating, I felt kinda like I needed to briefly kegel during it, several times, like the sensation of fighting off a spasm in my pelvic floor. Since it was in my own bathroom, there wasn't any public bathroom anxiety involved, so I know this was purely a physical response.

This has to be the same or similar to the spasms and involuntary kegels mentioned in this thread and beyond. I wonder how many folks have the same problems and never connect the two! I have been in the bathroom before and noticed guys having the same problem urinating (standing there in silence, then flushing anyway to make it seem like they had a normal potty break...I feel your pain, y'all!) and have always wondered if they too struggle with Pre-E or other things.

Comment

I have a similar problem. I've tried a few times to not kegal, but if i don't kegal a few times pee will leak out when i zip up. I also notice that when i pee and i push out too much it hurts my urinary tract. Is that normal?

Comment

Working...
                  X