Getting shredded for the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting shredded for the summer

I'm an avid lifter making his attempt to get shredded for this summer, for the first time. I have never been under 12% bodyfat fat before and as of today, I'm now 10.8% bodyfat. I will be attempting to get down to 8% bodyfat which would results in about a 5lbs loss in fat and 1lb in lbm.

I am currently at 181lbs(161.6lbm/19.4fat) and will attempt to get down to 175lbs(161lbm/14fat), worst case scenario 173lbs(158.84lbm/14.16fat). I will be tracking how I feel and what my workouts were like on a day to day basis. I'm hoping I won't have to lose weight for over 5 weeks, but I still have 1.5lbs to lose until I'm a solid 10% bodyfat anyways. I'm not great at making logs, but it's an attempt.

Also, I will be taking pictures and giving measurements weekly so you can see my progress when I do.
    Here is a link to my last experiment detailing my fat loss journey towards 10% bodyfat.https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...tml?highlight=

Week 1
    181lbs

20190415_093303.jpg

Measurements
    Arms 15 3/4"
    Forearms 12 1/2"
    Neck 15 3/4"
    Calves 14 3/4"
    Shoulders 50 1/2"
    Chest 43"
    Hips 32"
    Waist 29 3/4"
    Thighs 23"

Feeling the effects of low energy hard today. Today I cycled off of caffeine to avoid withdrawal symptoms and so caffeine will continue to be effective in my weight loss. Low carb days are the worst and it's hard to be intense in the gym with low energy. Every thing is usually good after my High carb day, which isn't until tomorrow unfortunately. The hunger is real.
    BBC Action
    Member of the Month August 2019
    Last edited by BBC Action; 04-16-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Day 2

Low libido is a killer while doing PE. I'm also dealing with low energy too. I'm sure this will all stop once I increase calories and/or fats in my diet. I am hoping to hit 10% by week 3, but I'm estimated to hit at week 8 due to possible lbm loss. My cut to 8% should be done by around week 7. I'm carb cycling and doing a lot of cardio, so I'm willing to be I'll be done a lot sooner.

Comment

Day 3
        Today is my medium carb day. Energy levels and sex drive is back up after my high carb day yesterday. The low energy stems from the caloric deficit. I'll just have to push through for about another month, then I'll get my body fat scanned again. Today is my back workout so I'll see if I can keep intensity high without caffeine.

Comment

Day 4
          Low carb day today. Energy is really low. Sleep is pretty bad too. My eyes feel it the most. They feel heavy. Losing a lot of fat and it's now feeling more solid around my body. Developing wrinkles on where my eye bags used to be. Either due to poor sleep, or because of losing fat around my face. I have about 8lbs left to lose. Either 8 weeks to cut or 5 if I cut fast. Probably at 1% of my body weight per week.

Comment

Looks like you are in great shape. What's your current PE routine?

Comment

Day 5
              Feeling great today. Dropped those pounds quickly after my low carb day. Today is another high carb day. It feels good to be able to eat alot on these days, until tomorrow. Then its low carb so I can get a good measurement on Monday. Today is also leg day. My legs are a little out of proportion. Large hamstrings and quad sweep but no tear drop.

Comment

Day 6
                No change in weight today. Hoping by next weigh in that I will weight 180lbs flat. I will be adding caffeine back into the mix next week too. Since weight loss is starting to stall I'm considering upping cardio by about 2.5min. That way I will burn an extra 100+ calories to jump start the weight loss process again.

Comment

Day 7
                  Looking really lean today. Waist definitely look smaller, and pants fit way too loose now. It might take me a couple of years to lean bulk and fit into my clothes properly. Still have a considerable amount of fat on my legs and my torso that need dealing with. I'm way ahead of the curve in terms of weight. Let's see where I'm at tomorrow.

Comment

Day 8
                    178.8lbs
                    20190422_103202.jpg
                    Measurements
                    Arms 15 3/4"
                    Calves 14 1/2" (-1/4")
                    Neck 15 3/4"
                    Thighs 22 1/2" (-1/2")
                    Hips 32"
                    Waist 29 1/2" (-1/4")
                    Chest 42" (-1")?
                    Shoulder 50 1/2"
                    Forearm 12 1/2"

Losing weight fast, but strength isn't dropping in the gym so I must be on the right track. I'm assuming it's due to carb manipulation, so weight will go back up on high carb days. Im starting my cycle of caffeine and yohimbe again, hopefully this will not only aid with fat loss once again, but with positive changes in libido too. Metabolism is getting faster despite not making any changes to workout or diet. I'm not sure what going on.

Comment

Day 9
                      Losing weight extremely fast. I'm hoping its fat and water weight. My skeletal muscle mass 93.3lbs. As long as that is the same when I get scanned in three weeks, I'm good. I estimated 173lbs for 8%, but I might be like 170lbs. Without much mass lost, it shows me how big 180lbs lean is really for me. Today is a high carb day so I'm eager to see what the weight fluctuations will be like. High carb day also means a high intensity workout day.

Comment

Day 10
                        Just as I expected, weight shot up easily. Libido is better and energy is back up to where it needs to be. Feeling more productive as well. I'm starting to think the additional vitamin D supplement is really starting to help me out. Today is a medium carb day today. I'm starting to look a lot smaller, but tighter on the waist. I think after this three weeks, I'll be at where I want to be physique wise, but I want to strive for those deep cuts. Today is back day and will be a tough one at that.

Comment

Day 11
                          Weight slowly rising from the medium carb day. Today is low carb, so weight should go down. Despite the weight changes, I'm starting to notice more definition. Starting to show vascularity on the underside of my arms now. Unfortunately I carry most of my fat in my midsection, so I'll have to get really low body fat to have defined abs. On the bright side, everything else will be extremely defined and vascular and I'll still have abs.

Comment

Day 12
                            Cant say I'm noticing anything different today. I look leaner some days than others, like today. Waist looks smaller, but it's just an illusion. Today is another high carb day and another intense workout. Losing weight is making me more self conscious in having fat. I'm trying so hard to lose it. This is my second time ever cutting, and I bulk and lift for strength and not physique. I keep making my fat loss a huge thing for me even though I'm probably going to say goodbye to these abs when I start my bulk.

A part of me wants to stay around this physique year round and eat maintenance until strength gains stall. I kinda like this idea better than gaining 50lbs in a year or so.

Comment

Day 13
                              Weight back up again after a high carb day. The following days are low carb day, so I will be able to see the weight drop and more striations. I'm assuming my Monday weight to be about 177lbs. Today is an easy workout, so the carbs wont be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X