Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Hell (Progress Log of Jack the Ripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Hell (Progress Log of Jack the Ripper)

Dear PE Gym members,

On Monday July 18th, I plan to start JonPop's beginner's routine. I will do a routine of 5 days on and 2 days off, with the two days being Saturday and Sunday. I also plan on experimenting with various products over the course of my workouts. I will try to update my log weekly. I will rely on the help of this forum throughout my journey. Stay on me like Scotland Yard, boys!

From Hell,
    Jack the Ripper

Hey Jack, just wanna say first of all thanks for taking a break from killing people. Second, are you sure you want to do a 5 on 2 off schedule? If you haven't done PE before, 5 on might be too much, and you might be overworking. PE it just like working out, your body needs breaks in order to heal and grow. Why don't you try out 2 on (monday, tuesday), wednesday off, then 2 on and then you can still have the weekend off like you want?
    06/22/10: BPEL 6.5 x EG 5.15
    Current: 7.25 x 5.375

Comment

I appreciate the concern Pose. Perhaps a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday routine will be sufficient for the first month until I find out how much my body can handle.

Comment

Two days until I start my routine and I'm anxious to get started. It's a great feeling when you're looking forward to a workout.

Today, I went to the store and bought a 56 oz. pitcher and some groceries, including almonds and some bread made with flaxseed. Along with my PE routine, I'm doing a major overhaul on my diet. The pitcher will be filled with water every night, chilled in the fridge, and used to ensure that I drink the proper amount of water to start my morning and throughout my day.

I purchased and read Sylvester Stallone's Sly Moves as a motivator. Lots of good nutrition facts and tips in there. Some of Sly's favorite exercises are laid out step by step with illustrations. Most importantly, the book is full of great encouragement from a man who I have a great deal of admiration and respect for.

I plan to update the log on Sunday with measurements.

Jack the Ripper

Comment

Don't regret tomorrow what you can begin today. You know what you must do. Do it.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of a new dedication to PE. I'm going to use the above quote as a daily reminder to remain focused on my journey. After determining my Loss of Tug (https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...r-routine.html), I will begin the following routine.

Warm up:
          • Warm up for 10 minutes using a hot wash cloth.
          • Warm up for 20 minutes using a hot rice sock.

At 30% erect:
          • Helicopter shakes (At a rate of 5 per second for 20 seconds)
          • Stretch left (Do 25 quick kegals)
          • Stretch forward (Shift while remaining in stretched position. Do 25 quick kegals) and do 10 big circles to the left, followed by 10 big circles to the right.
          • Helicopter shakes
          • Stretch right (Do 25 quick kegals)
          • Helicopter shakes
          • Stretch forward (Do 25 quick kegals) and do 10 big circles to the left, followed by 10 big circles to the right.
          • Helicopter shakes
          • Stretch upward (Do 25 quick kegals) and do 10 big circles to the left, followed by 10 big circles to the right.
          • Helicopter shakes

At 60-70% erect:
          • 50 wet jelqs (At a rate of 3 to 4 seconds per repetition. Both hands together makes one repetition)
          • 30 "V" jelqs (Alternate by pulling up and to the right, and then up and to the left)
          • 50 wet jelqs
          • 30 "V" jelqs
          • 50 wet jelqs
          • 30 "V" jelqs

Warm down:
          • Warm down for 10 minutes using a hot wash cloth.
          • Warm down for 20 minutes using a hot rice sock.

Vitamins:
          • One A Day Men's Health Formula
          • Super B Complex
          • Zinc
          • L-Arginine
          • L-Lysine
          Jack the Ripper
          Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 07-18-2011, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Hey Jack, nice base for the log but anybody can make one. Let's see how long you keep yours up - just remember not to push for results and to remain consistent. Enjoy the quote since I get the feeling you are a positive thinker kinda dude.

I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Dedication will not be a problem for me. Ever since I was a child, I have always had the ability to flip that "switch" when I wanted something bad enough. Nobody can stop me when I'm motivated, and let me tell you, I am motivated! I've never been this anxious to knock down the walls.

One day, when I've surpassed my goals, the ladies will fear Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Had my first workout yesterday. I seem to be responding well. No unusual soreness. Planning my second workout for later tonight.

I also weighed recently, and I'm under 200 lbs. One of my co-workers made a comment that I looked like I had lost some weight. That was very encouraging to both my weight loss goals and my PE goals. I really feel like I've got the bull by the horns here. I can accomplish both of these goals, perhaps sooner than I realize. I'm really feeling great about my goals and about life right now.

Comment

Had my second workout tonight. I think the helicopter shakes have become an early favorite of mine. Fun exercise.

I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow before I decide whether or not I do my third workout. If I feel a good amount of soreness tomorrow, I plan on taking the advice of Pose and having a rest day.

If you aren't going all the way, why go at all? - Joe Namath

Comment

Decided to take a rest day after waking up with a considerable amount of soreness. Hopefully one day of rest will be enough and I can do my third workout tomorrow.

Comment

Currently warming down from my third workout. The rest day yesterday proved beneficial. I woke up with little soreness.

Today I decided to do some edging. I completed my workout and just didn't feel maxed. I edged for only 5-10 minutes, but didn't finish. I plan to edge on days when I complete my workout and still feel like I can handle a little more.

I've been slacking on my measurements. I need to get those up soon so I know where my starting point is.

Comment

Day four completed. Saturday and Sunday will be rest days for me.

Comment

Today was my first rest day. I thought that I would enjoy it, but I'm really not. I find myself wanting to do a workout. I suppose that is a good thing.

I've been following JonPop's beginner routine to a tee for my first week, but I want to do just a little bit more. I'm considering adding flaccid bends, or another exercise that would be appropriate for someone still new to PE.

Once again, measurements still to come.

Comment

Welcome Jack,

Don't forget that JP's routine is pretty intense & that if you feel slightly sore, there is no harm in reducing the work load a little.
                            Vulcan
                            7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
                            5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan View Post
                              Welcome Jack,

Don't forget that JP's routine is pretty intense & that if you feel slightly sore, there is no harm in reducing the work load a little.
                              Thank you for the welcome, vulcan. I'm taking an additional day off today. Been feeling all kinds of sore. My penis is telling me it wants to rest. Thanks for checking up on my blog. All advice from you experienced gym members is very much welcomed here.

Comment

Working...
                              X