Ayoo's tentative attempt with the Quick Extender Pro, lets see how it goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayoo's tentative attempt with the Quick Extender Pro, lets see how it goes

So I bought the QEP Oxymoron edition (Deluxe standard) with the 3.5k springs about 4 months ago, had a look, stuck it back in the box, shoved it to the back of a cupboard and left it the hell alone. This morning I pulled it back out and figured I'd give the thing a go. I've now strapped the thing on for about 3 hrs or so (give or take some fiddling about) and it seems to do a job but I'm still not sure I'm wearing it right.

So here's what I think I understand. First up you measure your hard on and delete 1.6" from the result to get your custom size. You then measure from the base of the device to the tip of the extension bars, make sure it's the right length and voila, you've got your custom sized machine. You then whack it on in whatever way is most comfortable for you, sit back and read your newspaper.

OK.

First thing is those foam rollers are perfectly useless (at least for me). My fella rolls back through them like washing through my grandma's mangle. No chance is it ever staying put with one of those things on.

Solution: Ultimate Burrito's cotton socks. I went to the shop, bought some baby socks, cut 'em up and stuck 'em on. Removed the foam roller and hey presto, my cock is now a shivering Eskimo but at least it stays put. Progress. Good.

Next up, I'm concerned there's not much of a pull. My penis definitely looks stretched significantly beyond what is normal but there's no readily discernible stretch being felt, just a tightness round the glands. I left it like this for about half an hour and at that point discovered those little nuts that screw onto the base and lock it in place (or allow free movement). I started fiddling with those. Turns out they are surprisingly long and add up to about 1.25" to the length of the machine. It also turns out that no matter how much I unscrew them my penis is able to stretch to accommodate the extra length generated. This extra length certainly added to the stretch being felt but didn't really add any discomfort factor up until about 1.5 hrs after I'd adjusted them. At this point the area beneath my glands started feeling sore and the glands themselves felt quite cold to the touch. I took off the machine, waggled some warmth back into proceedings, wandered about a bit, had a coffee and half an hour later stuck it back on again. This time I left it on for an hour, concluded that that was my 3 hrs up and am now leaving it till tomorrow. Penis feels fine.

This experience leaves me with some questions.

First: Is the second "comfort" band really necessary? It's enough of a pain in the ass to drag your penis through one loop, the second one really starts to test the patience.

Second: Is the stretch supposed to be so gentle as to be almost imperceptible to anything but the eyes or should there really be a significant pulling sensation felt all the way down the shaft? Relatedly, are those nuts meant to be unscrewed as one wears the machine so as to gradually provide extra length ? Alternatively should I add extra length to the machine equal to the length I unscrewed in order to feel that extra tug? I expect the answer to the latter two here is no, be gentle, start small, go slow, but I'm not sure so figured I'd better ask. This is especially true given it will take many hours to work up to the 1.25" that extension provides and I would hate that period to be nothing but wasted time given my penis seems capable of accommodating it.

Third:: Is the Level of stretch felt different depending on whether you are a grower or a shower? I grow quite significantly, from 4" when soft to 7" when hard and my penis really is quite stretchy. Should this extra stretchiness perhaps be accounted for when calibrating the machine? i.e. will a stretchy penis need to be stretched further to induce the microtears a less stretchy member might induce with a shorter setting?

Fourth: This is related to the quality of the machine. There is a fairly noticeable wobble down the shafts of the QEP around where the springs reside. Is this wobble normal, because it seems a bit wonky to me?

I'd love for someone to be able to answer these questions.

Anyhow, here's my starting stats and aims:

Starting stats:
    FL: 4"
    BPEL: 7.0" (1mm or so shy, probably)
    Custom size: 5.4"
    EG: 5.4"

Initial Aims:
    BPEL: 7.5"
    EG: 5.5"

Hopes:
    BPEL: 8"
    EG: 5.75"

And here's the beginning of my log. I'll try to add to it daily (or at least weekly):

Practice day:

Sunday, 09.05.21: 3 hrs

Week 1:
    09/06/21 - Mon 3 hrs 2 x 1.5 hrs
    09/07/21 - Tue 3 hrs 3 x 1 hrs
    09/08/21 - Wed 3 hrs 1 x 3 hrs
    09/08/21 - Thu Rest -
    09/10/21 - Fri 3 hrs 1 x 3 hrs
    09/10/21 - Sat 3 hrs 3 x 1 hr (+ 0.5cm)
    09/12/21 - Sun Rest -

Week 2:
    09/13/21 - Mon 5 hrs 2x 1.5 hrs, 2x 1 hr
    09/14/21 - Tue Rest -
    09/15/21 - Wed 4 hrs 2x 2 hrs
    09/16/21 - Thur Rest -
    09/17/21 - Fri 5.5 hrs 2x 2 hrs, 1x 1.5hrs
    09/18/21 - Sat 4 hrs 2 x 2 hrs
    09/19/21 - Sun 2 hrs 1 x 2 hrs
    Week 3:
    09/20/21 - Mon 3.5 hrs 2x 1hr, 1x 1.5hrs
    09/21/21 - Tue 1 hr 1x 1hr
    09/22/21 - Wed Rest -
    09/23/22 - Thur 6 hrs 3x 2hrs (+0.5cm)
    09/24/22 - Fri 3 hrs 1x 1.5hrs
    09/25/22 - Sat 4 hrs 1x 2hrs, 2x 1hr
    09/26/22 - Sun Rest -
    Last edited by Ayoo; 09-27-2021, 07:42 AM. Reason: added week 3

Hi Ayoo, welcome to the Gym!

Your initial issues with the QEP are just like mine were. Hang in there though, there's lots of info and support here and we'll help you get things sorted out so that you can use your QEP comfortably and successfully.

First
    No, the secong strap isn't necessary. I only use one strap and it works just fine.

Second
    When you start, you need to adapt/adjust to wearing the extender, that's why things start off so 'easy'. Once you have gone through the adaptation phase (about 4 weeks) you will start having some noticable tension. It's important to note that extending is a marathon, not a sprint. It can take a couple of months before you start to see any kind of gains at all...don't give up!

Third
    Being a grower will make a BIG difference in how you use your QEP. Based on my personal experience, you need to be at your Max Flaccid Stretched Length (MFSL) when extending, otherwise you're not creating the micro tears that lead to cell division/growth. I am also a grower and I found it to be impossible to stretch myself enough when getting strapped in to ever reach my MFSL while I was extending.

In order to 'fix' this, I did two things:
    #1 - I modified the glans support so that I could get myself firmly strapped in first, then I could get a really good 'pre-stretch' when I fit the glans support on to the tension rods.
    #2 - I use the 'nuts' at the bottom of the tension rods to increase the length as my penis grows/stretches until I reach my MFSL. There are a lot of people that believe you are not supposed to do this, but this is what I have found works for me. It's important to note that IF you do want to do this, you need to use a thread locking compound like LockTite to secure the threaded rods into the base. You DO NOT want those threaded rods to unscrew from the base while you are extending!

Fourth
    The wobble is normal and, believe it or not, it's necessary so that the tension rods don't bind when the springs decompress.

I hope this answers your questions so far, I am more than happy to help out by answering any additional questions you may have. You may want to check out my progress log to see the modification I made to the glans support and also my solution to wearing the QEP comfortably without cutting off the blood flow to the glans.
    Start: 01/29/21 BPEL: 6.25", MEG: 5.1
    As of: 08/31/21 BPEL: 7.2", MEG: 5.6

Progress Log

Comment

Thanks for the reply Cunning. Very informative. I definitely had trouble with the threaded rods unscrewing from the base. Think I'm going to buy a couple of extra nuts from the hardware store to keep that bit tight while unscrewing.

Got me thinking, though, that surely a better solution than adding those little .5cm extensions would simply be to have a longer set of screws on the base embossed with measurements (like a cylindrical ruler).

So far I haven't really struggled getting into the device, but I do have trouble staying in after a while, with the straps all the while slowly loosening. Bind them too tight though and you end up disturbingly numb. This has led to me reapplying the device far more than I'd like. It also led to me finding it too uncomfortable yesterday to go for the full six hours suggested in the manual. Think I might have a go at your modifications there too.

Congratulations on your own success by the way.

Comment

One other suggestion if you are going numb would be to try the silicone sleeve and rubber o-ring mod I came up with. The silicone sleeve holds securely and provides plenty of cushioning so that it doesn't cut off the circulation. The o-ring creates a 'lip' that keeps the noose/strap from slipping off.
        Silicone Sleeve.jpg

Progress Log

Comment

Second week of using the QEP. Not gonna lie, this isn't proving to be easy. Certainly having trouble finding the time and/or endurance to move up to six hours a day. Basically, the device becomes very uncomfortable after about 4 hrs of use and I've had some trouble with the noose slipping and keeping the springs under tension. I do think I've managed to rectify the latter two problems as the week drew to a close though.

1. Noose slipping - my solution is currently to fold the two ends of the first noose over the top of the device and feed them through the second noose. Tightening the second noose then seems to prevent excessive slippage for the duration of a 2 hr session. My setup now realistically approximates the setup shown in the how to graphics on the QEP website and dvd (minus the foam rollers).

2. Keeping springs under tension - I've found that unscrewing the base screws as the session progresses succeeds in keeping the springs at or around the 2nd of the three lines. As the session progresses and the springs approach the third line, I unscrew both base screws some more until the springs depress back to the 2nd line position. I've no idea if this is correct, or if the springs are meant to be entirely depressed, but that's where I'm at.

3. Increasing discomfort - Using just the O-ring and the sock method wasn't really providing me with any great degree of comfort. Either I'd tie the noose too tightly and experience numbness after about 45 minutes (which I had been ignoring for up to half an hour) or I'd not tie it tight enough and the noose would gradually work itself over the O ring, forcing a reset. I've ordered some silicone finger protectors off Amazon to see if I can approximate Cunny's solution but they haven't arrived yet. In the meantime I've bought some breathable bandage wraps and been trying those. These have pros and cons.
          Pros - The bandage wraps prevent slippage very well. Wrapping somewhat tightly below the glands forces at least some gland engorgement meaning slippage is no longer an issue, particularly if using the O- ring. Using this, along with the baby sock, also allows me to use the device for about 2 hrs without any numbness. It's also very comfortable to wear between sessions and prevents excessive turtling.

Cons - Due to the way the bandage clings to the skin, progressive stretching causes ever increasing irritation that manifests itself as a burning sensation. This sensation becomes particularly discomfiting after about 1 1/2 hrs. It's bearable, but unpleasant. After removing the device the skin remains tender to the touch. I find I can repeat a 2 hr session once more with approximately the same results but after which the skin feels sore enough that I'm rather reluctant to begin a third round. I managed a third session just once using this method, lasting 1 1/2 hrs (and really wanting to finally meet the 6 hr target) before deciding by cock had had enough. Roll on the silicone sleeves (I hope).

4. The device base - Now that I finally feel as though I'm using the device somewhat correctly (penis in the right place, springs under tension) I've found that the base digs into my scrotum, causing undue irritation there. I imagine a solution to this is relatively trivial, but I haven't thought to do anything about it until suddenly remembering it was irritating and typing this.

Comment

@Cunny - Yeah, I'm definitely intending to try your silicon solution as soon as possible. Hopefully it'll work out, cheers.

Comment

I'm no expert I'm at 3 months in. But it took me that long to even get to the point where the springs are engaged. Experiment with comfort but don't be surprised if you get uncomfortable after an hour. It's a process of sets and idk how some guys are able to wear it for long periods. Your ahead of the curve of you've already got the springs engaged.
              start 7/1/21
              BPEL 6"
              EG 4.75

Comment

Originally posted by Ayoo View Post
                4. The device base - Now that I finally feel as though I'm using the device somewhat correctly (penis in the right place, springs under tension) I've found that the base digs into my scrotum, causing undue irritation there. I imagine a solution to this is relatively trivial, but I haven't thought to do anything about it until suddenly remembering it was irritating and typing this.
                Baby powder is your friend! Your skin releases a LOT of moisture which will cause your skin to stick to the base. I liberal dusting of baby powder makes a HUGE difference!

Progress Log

Comment

Week 3 and wearing the thing became a pain in the ass. It started getting in the way of life. Not a problem, just meant it had to take a bit of a back seat. Still having trouble reaching longer hours while remaining comfortable though. The stuff I got to prevent slippage didn't work very well (either too tight or just itchy). I've ordered a silicone penis sheath off eBay as per Cunny's suggestion. That should arrive quite soon and will hopefully do the trick.

Week successes:
                  • Bought an O ring with thicker rubber (0.5mm) - This creates a much larger lip for the noose to slot behind. Together with the sock it eases rubbing discomfort against the glands while stretching. It also seems tight enough to create head swell, but not tight enough to cause numbness.
                  • Bought some 0.4mm nuts for the base screws - These lock the extender in place while allowing unscrewing of the device to the desired level of traction (for me the second of the 3 lines). Pleased with this.
                  • Using makeup pads round the base - This has effectively eliminated the burning sensation of the plastic base against the scrotum (at least so far)

Week failures:
                  • The silicone finger protectors - They were too tight. Much too tight. Ow.
                  • Racking up the hours. Either I had to do something exerting, move around a lot or be somewhere. When I did have time it was still uncomfortable to wear for any sort of extended period.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunny Linguist View Post
                    Baby powder is your friend! Your skin releases a LOT of moisture which will cause your skin to stick to the base. I liberal dusting of baby powder makes a HUGE difference!
                    Yeah, that sounds like a decent idea. I stole some makeup pads out of the bathroom. They also seem to do the trick (not much good if you're moving about a ton though).

Comment

Originally posted by Dustrust View Post
                      I'm no expert I'm at 3 months in. But it took me that long to even get to the point where the springs are engaged. Experiment with comfort but don't be surprised if you get uncomfortable after an hour. It's a process of sets and idk how some guys are able to wear it for long periods. Your ahead of the curve of you've already got the springs engaged.
                      You're right. I think an hour or an hour and a half is about my limit. Try and wear it for two and it becomes almost insufferable. I guess I've managed with the springs thing because it seemed less than optimal to buy a device that relies on springs and then not have them under tension when wearing it. At first the thing would just travel to its max extent as soon as I put it on. I think this is because some men's dicks (like mine) are quite stretchy and so relying on your exact "user measurement" undercuts us. I found that by unscrewing the base screws (essentially adding a small rod by other means) I could ensure that the springs were under tension. Unlike adding rods, though, unscrewing from the bottom allows a gradual increase in stretch throughout the mini-session. I've found that my max stretch increases quite noticeably as a session progresses, so the ability to unscrew a few mm every now and then keeps pace a lot better than just adding a rod.

The problem I found with this method was was that half the time you'd be unscrewing the base rather than elongating the rods and the 50% of the time it worked you'd end up with a floppy machine that wouldn't stay in place if you moved at all. I just bought some 4mm nuts and screwed them tight to the base. This adds about 3mm to the length of the machine, keeps it in the position you've chosen and allows you to unscrew at your leisure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayoo View Post
                        The problem I found with this method was was that half the time you'd be unscrewing the base rather than elongating the rods and the 50% of the time it worked you'd end up with a floppy machine that wouldn't stay in place if you moved at all. I just bought some 4mm nuts and screwed them tight to the base. This adds about 3mm to the length of the machine, keeps it in the position you've chosen and allows you to unscrew at your leisure.
                        That is why I used Locktite to secure the threaded rods into the base. Your solution of using the 4mm nuts works just as well. Do the 4mm nuts lock the tension rods in place or can you still pivot them?

Progress Log

Comment

Working...
                        X