Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jm123's Convict Conditioning (out of shape)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jm123's Convict Conditioning (out of shape)

This will be my fitness log. I figured that some members might be interested in following the progress of an out of shape middle aged guy. However, honestly I don't give a rip if you care or not; as this log is to help motivate me to get off my ass, and hold myself accountable for my health and fitness. Hell I might even post the mythical before and after pictures all the newbies want to see.*

Well after much deliberation and research into the right training program, I have finally settled on convict conditioning. My criteria was for a low equipment program, low time commitment, strength and endurance blend, and something that I could incorporate into a permanent lifestyle change. I am in my mid-thirties about 30-40lbs (15-20%) overweight (my ideal weight is around 220lbs or 100kg), and I am relatively out of shape. I am also planning on joining the military as a direct commissioned officer in the next few years. Overall, I would like to 100% my APFT scores for my age bracket. The hardest part will be the running. At one point in high school I could easily pass 100%+ on the APFT (plus around 20 consecutive pull ups), but unfortunately not the running time.

I will be doing a modified solitary confinement routine, or what is called Good Behavior v.2 in the Super FAQ. My plan is to spend at least one month on each progression starting at level one of each move. I plan to start each level as a one a day routine and move to a two a day routine after I am comfortable with my performance. I will also incorporate CC2 as I make progress in each movement. In addition, I will be incorporating cardio into my routine in the next month to meet the running standards. My goals are for strength and endurance and I have a very real need to hit APFT standards by next year at the latest. Therefore my routine will be altered and modified as I see fit; although I am planning on giving this general schedule a try until December before making any serious changes.

Here is my planned work schedule.

Monday
    -Pull ups
    -Squats

Tuesday
    -Pushups
    -Leg raises

Wednesday
    -Modified Pushups (in place of handstands until conditioned further)
    -Bridges

Thursday
    -Pull ups
    -Squats

Friday
    -Pushups
    -Leg raises

Saturday
    -Modified Pushups
    -Bridges

Sunday
    -Off

*Sorry I do not have actual penis progress pictures or logs. I was specifically speaking of weight loss/fitness pictures. My other PE routine is so sporadically varied and filled with experimental crap that I have decided it would be pointless to post. However, any new info discovered gleaned will be shared.
    In the forward progress of society and feminism, masculinity (in my opinion) has failed to adapt. This has resulted in the figurative emasculation of many men. PE is not just about gaining size, it is also about gaining confidence, but most importantly embracing and learning healthy masculinity.

Thursday: 5-23-13

Shoulder Stand Squats:
    2 sets of 10

Vertical Pulls:
    2 sets of 10
    In the forward progress of society and feminism, masculinity (in my opinion) has failed to adapt. This has resulted in the figurative emasculation of many men. PE is not just about gaining size, it is also about gaining confidence, but most importantly embracing and learning healthy masculinity.

Comment

Friday: 5-24-13

Wall Pushups:
      2 sets of 10

Knee Tucks:
      2 sets of 10

Comment

Saturday: 5-25-13

Modified wide and high wall pushups:
        2 sets of 10

Short Bridges:
        2 sets of 10

Comment

Sunday: 5-26-13

Off:

Weekly thoughts:

Good short week, and man I am out of shape. My upper back is sore and stiff, along with my arms. However, my body is moving better, and I always had strength in the bank. My arms are already responding to the low extended repetitions at the 2-1-2 pace, I can also feel it in my stomach and back. Overall a good week, and the workouts were short and sweet. I do believe this is something I can stick to at only 5-15 minutes a day.

Comment

Week 1
            Monday: 5-27-13

Shoulder stand squats:
            2 sets of 15

Vertical pulls:
            2 sets of 20

Comment

Tuesday: 5-28-13

Wall Pushups:
              2 sets of 15

Knee Tucks:
              2 sets of 15

Comment

Wednesday: 5-29-13

1 set of 15
                1 set of 10

Short Bridges:
                1 set of 15
                1 set of 10

Comment

Thursday: 5-30-13

Unexpected off night

Comment

Friday: 5-31-13

Wall Pushups:
                    2 sets of 10

Knee Tucks:
                    2 sets of 10

Comment

Saturday: 6-1-13

2 sets of 15

Short Bridges:
                      2 sets of 15

Comment

Sunday: 6-2-13

Off: week 1 over

Week 1 went ok, will do better this week.

Comment

Monday: 6-3-13

Shoulder stand squats:
                          2 sets of 20

Vertical pulls:
                          2 sets of 30

Comment

woohoo! Keep up the good work!
                            "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                            Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                            Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                            As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
                              woohoo! Keep up the good work!
                              Thanks, Toad. Hopefully within the next year I will be up to the same level of workouts that you currently enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X