Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DataWonk's Saga

Hi All,

I've held off on reporting my own results until now. Here they are.

I started using the PF on September 3, 2015. I added a Bathmate about a week later. The combination of using the PF as an ADS and pumping with the Bathmate caused very quick growth, as my data analysis predicted. But after a month I started getting asymmetric growth and severe pain from the Bathmate. I put the Bathmate away and started using the PF also to hang with. As others have noted, using the PF as both an ADS and a hanger is convenient since you don't need to remove the PF when you're done hanging. Just attach the belt and use it as an ADS.

As recommended elsewhere on this site, I use plenty of rubber bands to make sure the PF doesn't lose suction. I also "pack the bell" - drawing all the air out with the small pump - whenever I put the PF on. This seems to help minimize pain and swelling of the glans. Finally, I use a lot of baby powder. The one time I didn't, I got a rash :-(.

I modified the PF for hanging as follows. First, I removed the plastic clip from the PF bell and tied an 80 lb. fishing line around the bell where the plastic clip goes. I then reattached the plastic clip. At the other end of the fishing line I made a small loop. Then I bought an assortment of small neoprene barbells from Sports Authority (weights from 1 to 10 lbs.) and attached a shoelace to each. At the end of each shoelace, another carabiner. I attach a weight to the PF by joining the carabiner to the loop I made in the fishing wire. Other weights can be added by simply joining their carabiners to the biner of the first weight.

I also bought a 1/2 pound wrist band on Amazon (mfd by Cando), cut off the wrist strap, and attached a carabiner to the grommet in the wrist band. I attach it to the PF the same way. Nothing could be easier. Actually, after buying all the weights I realized you can make do with the following: 1/2 lb., 1 lb., 2 lbs., 4 lbs., 8 lbs., 16 lbs., etc. (Think: binary expansion.) By combining just these weights in various ways you can get any weight from 1/2 lb. up to 31.5 lbs. in 1/2-lb increments. Very economical. The next weight would be a 32 pounder but I doubt I'll ever need that.

I also use a heating pad whenever I hang. I hang either SD or BTC, according to the situation. And I hang many hours per day - at least 4 strapped-in hours. No rest days. My stats are in the attached jpeg.

Since I switched to hanging the pain from the Bathmate has completely gone away. The cosmetic effects have also been far more pleasing than from pumping: "it" is longer and thicker but other than that looks the same (except for the unavoidable stretch marks). The asymmetry is also gone. The improvements took a while as the Bathmate's effects seem to last several weeks when you pump on high vacuum as I was doing (big mistake).

I'm grateful to everyone on this site (and *************) for all the useful information. I'm definitely standing on the shoulders of giants....

DataWonk
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9/1/2015: 6.25 BPEL, 4.875 MEG
    4/12/2018: 7.625 BPEL, 5.5 MEG

Very impressive results, Datawonk! Thanks for sharing! Are you planning on using the bathmate again, or just sticking with hanging? Also, do you think the PF induced gains equally or more as an ADS vs. hanging or do you think the hanging was more effective than ADS in your gains?

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, jockinthebox! I have a couple of pumps from pumtoys that I would use rather than the Bathmate because they have pressure gauges. I could get back into it after I've reached my length goals. However, so far my girth is growing proportionally to my length from hanging and extending alone, so this may not be necessary.

Regarding your other question, I estimate that the hanging nearly doubled the pace of my gains. If you look at my data analysis, using the PF alone for the recommended 9-12 hours (which I did) would have added 0.003812 inches per day which amounts to only 0.39 inches over the 103 days I have logged. In fact, I gained 0.75 inches over this period.

Comment

I'm glad that you came back to this forum after a little break, I just read your statistical analysis and it is encouraging to know that the PF + Bathmate will boost results significantly (I have both). Just curious, how did you end up getting assymetrical growth? Have you been switching sides every bathroom break with the PF?

Comment

Originally posted by pebeginnerman View Post
          I'm glad that you came back to this forum after a little break, I just read your statistical analysis and it is encouraging to know that the PF + Bathmate will boost results significantly (I have both). Just curious, how did you end up getting assymetrical growth? Have you been switching sides every bathroom break with the PF?
          I was pumping at maximum vacuum which with the bathmate is about 16 inhg. I think if you can keep it at a more safe level, the dangers of asymmetric growth are minimal. But this is a problem without a gauge, given the tendency to get "carried away". Another thing that helps is to have a tube that is about equal to your erect width - so that when you expand, you press against the sides of the tube. This helps prevent asymmetric "bulges". Such tailored tubes with Mityvac pressure/vacuum gauges (which are also used in auto shops to bleed fluids from car engines) are available from pumptoys and some other vendors. If I ever pump again, that's what I'll do.

Comment

Impressive, has your EQ improved or do you really think you gained girth from hanging and extending?
            I'll have to check your future reports to see if you continue to grow girthwise, I always find these kind of gains from lengthwork to be interesting .
            https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...a-jelqing.html

Quality jelqs / Moving squeezes

Off to the real world.

Comment

Hi popol5169 - I measure only when rock hard. And actually I have more faith in my measured girth than length. Girth is easy to measure accurately with a tape measure. On the other hand, length can depend on posture (sitting vs. standing) and penis angle (is it exactly perpendicular to the body?).

My impression from various people's posts is that girth gains from hanging and extending are the norm rather than the exception.

Comment

Mm I don't agree. Pretty often people gain base girth from hanging or extending, and every once in a while someone has midshaft girth gains but the latter is quite rare.

So you had no girth gains from the bathmate at all? That is very impressive.
                Hold on... gaining girth from the bathmate is even less likely than gaining girth from extending
                popol5169
                Member of the Month Nov 2014
                Last edited by popol5169; 12-25-2015, 04:58 PM.

Off to the real world.

Comment

Not sure what you're basing your conclusions on. Here's one thread that supports girth gains from hanging, and not just base girth:

https://www.*************.org/penis-...m-hanging.html

Comment

From 4 years of intense reading (bib's forum, pegym, thunder's place). It is not the norm to gain midshaft girth from hanging (but it happens), plenty gain base girth. I wonder if compressing hangers like the Bib have more chances to yield midshaft girth gains

Off to the real world.

Comment

DataWonk, your approach is inspiring. I'm also a social scientist (economist) by training so obviously the quantitative analysis appeals to me.

My first thought when reading about your work was: pity the sample size is so small. 31 is far better than nothing, but I'm not sure it's enough to draw strong inferences. Are there no other similar data sets available we could mine to firm up your conclusions and broaden the range of questions we could usefully ask?

Regarding the isolation of causal factors, my first thought when I read that above 11.25hrs use, Phallosan users reduced their daily gain rate was: are these users opting for greater hours per day because they recognise that they're hard gainers and so are pushing themselves harder? Or, is such high usage characteristic of long term PEers, and as such people who have already enjoy their newbie gains before trying the Phallosan? If so, this could definitely distort the data and analysis. Pity the sample size isn't large or rich enough to control for such factors.

These are not criticisms of your work. Far from it, I think what you've done offers the most reliable path to 'truth' in PE practice we have. But if you decide to do further work in the area, and manage to find a larger data set to work with, these are some of the factors I think you should be mindful to take account of. As a good data wonk, you probably know all this already. But I think it's useful to talk about it here. Who knows? Maybe someone will be able to point us to another data set for you to sink your wonkish teeth into!
                      Start (10/2012): BPFSL: 7.5" BPEL: 7" Base EG: 5.75" Mid/upper shaft EG: 5.25"
                      Current: BPFSL: 7.625" BPEL: 7.25" Base EG: 5.75" Mid/upper shaft EG: 5.25"
                      Goal: BPEL: 9" Base EG: 6.75" Mid/Upper shaft EG: 6.5"

Comment

Great work with the analysis and congrats on your gains!

I was wondering what order you think is best to perform these exercises: hanging, normal phallosan stretching, and pumping. Or if the order matters at all.

Also do you think an air pump is good enough as water pumping with a Bathmate? That's what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by DataWonk View Post
                          I hang either SD or BTC, according to the situation. And I hang many hours per day - at least 4 strapped-in hours. No rest days.
                          What has been your hanging routine with the modified PF? 4 hours daily plus heat, but at which weight during those sessions? Have you varied your hanging weight over time, or throughout the day/week?

Many thanks for all your work.

Comment

Hi All,
                            I put the Bathmate away and started using the PF also to hang with. As others have noted, using the PF as both an ADS and a hanger is convenient since you don't need to remove the PF when you're done hanging. Just attach the belt and use it as an ADS.
                            DataWonk

Congratulations! It's stories like this that encourages a noob like myself. Couple of questions if you don't mind. (I apologise in advance if they seem stupid ... I'm a noob to PE)

1. Did you do hanging INSTEAD of using the PF as an ADS or was it in conjunction with? If the latter ... is that four hours hanging in ADDITION to the 11.5 hours as an ADS? ... or is it a total of 11.5 hours? (4 hanging and 7.5 as an ADS?)

Hi All,

I also "pack the bell" - drawing all the air out with the small pump - whenever I put the PF on. This seems to help minimize pain and swelling of the glans. Finally, I use a lot of baby powder. The one time I didn't, I got a rash :-(.

I also use a heating pad whenever I hang. I hang either SD or BTC, according to the situation. And I hang many hours per day - at least 4 strapped-in hours. No rest days. My stats are in the attached jpeg.

DataWonk
                            2. What does "pack the bell" mean?
                            3. Use of powder ... is that applied to the portion of penis inside the bell?
                            4. Use of heating pad is throughout the entire hanging session? ... prior to? ... after?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hey DataWonk,

Read up on your analysis in past threads. Great work and amazing trials and runs you went through. I feel you could possibly answer a question for me. I'm trying to go for significant girth growth, but not so much in length. I've heard that this can be achieved with the Bathmate. However, it's always nice to get second opinions. Based on what you know and your statistics, what would you say my approach should be?

Comment

Working...
                              X