Anyone having this problem too??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having this problem too??

Here's my story my wife is Mormon and I'am not she keeps on pressuring me to convert . That his a really huge step for me that will make me different person than I'am. Plus I disagree on lot og thier beliefs and thier way of life. To me it is just too much for a person to go through. Like yesterday, My wife and I had a Home Family Evening (FHE) for short we were talking about different marriages . Right now in the LDR'S view my wife and I are in a contractual marriage meaning anyone could walk off at any moment. But LDR'S goal is a covenent marriage which means both are members of Church and both got married in temple. After that lesson she asked me why I don't convert I said I don't believe in your churches way of life. She got all upset and she said she was doomed becuase she knows I'm never giong to convert. So I think down the road this will eventually lead to a divorce because of religion and not converting. I have nothing against Mormons I just don't think it is for me. I go to thier sacamernts show respect but that is it though. To make a long story short her mother is very invovled dedicated mormon. It took my wife's dad 8 years to finally to convert. My wife's family is all Mormons. In my belief she would be much happier with someone who is willing to convert or is already a member.

Wow, Danner. You are in a big dilemma. From what I know Mormonism? is a powerful force and way of life. Just my opinion, but she needs someone who is willing to convert. I converted to my wife's faith, but I believed in it to start with. This has made our married life more manageable. To convert to a faith that you really don't believe in is not a good way to start a marriage.

Comment

So Danner, how old are you and how long have you been married? Aside from the marriage issue, are you guys happy? Any children or pregnancy yet? I assume that she knew you weren't Mormon when you married, did you guys talk about conversion before, or is this something new? It is hard for us to judge what is going on without a bit more information.

Comment

It's funny but many a war has been fought over trying to get the otherside to convert to the one true religion! Can anyone tell me what religion God actually is? I think He was around before man so it's anybodies guess!Trying to impose one's religion on another is wrong and I really don't think that God ever intended it to be that way.If her religion is more important than the love that you share than she loves her religion and not you.God is love without man-made accessories!. "This I say to you; that you love one another as I have loved you". End of story!
        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Dude i will just lay it out straight for you.

You need to find a new woman cause this will not work out. You are right in saying that she will be happier with someone else. You deserve someone who loves you, and respects your boundaries. She is way too into her religion to be in any decent/normal relationship.

Wish you the best man

Comment

Originally posted by newbienewb View Post
            Dude i will just lay it out straight for you.

You need to find a new woman cause this will not work out. You are right in saying that she will be happier with someone else. You deserve someone who loves you, and respects your boundaries. She is way too into her religion to be in any decent/normal relationship.

Wish you the best man
            Exactly, because if you're marriage is based on religion then you're doomed in the first place. Forcing your beliefs on someone in order to be with them is selfish and wrong to begin with. Being non-deist myself and my wife is baptist, she has her theory and I have my reality and things are fine (not discussed). Good luck with your situation, but I sense you'll be single soon.

Comment

Originally posted by danner View Post
              Here's my story my wife is Mormon and I'am not she keeps on pressuring me to convert . That his a really huge step for me that will make me different person than I'am. Plus I disagree on lot og thier beliefs and thier way of life. To me it is just too much for a person to go through. Like yesterday, My wife and I had a Home Family Evening (FHE) for short we were talking about different marriages . Right now in the LDR'S view my wife and I are in a contractual marriage meaning anyone could walk off at any moment. But LDR'S goal is a covenent marriage which means both are members of Church and both got married in temple. After that lesson she asked me why I don't convert I said I don't believe in your churches way of life. She got all upset and she said she was doomed becuase she knows I'm never giong to convert. So I think down the road this will eventually lead to a divorce because of religion and not converting. I have nothing against Mormons I just don't think it is for me. I go to thier sacamernts show respect but that is it though. To make a long story short her mother is very invovled dedicated mormon. It took my wife's dad 8 years to finally to convert. My wife's family is all Mormons. In my belief she would be much happier with someone who is willing to convert or is already a member.

DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!!

You and I have the same problem!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

The girl I have been off and on with, and now am getting back together with when she moves back, is a mormon. I've agreed to attend one of her religious services, but I always feel like she wants me to convert, which I could never do. Just like you, I do not agree with her some of her beliefs. The great thing though is that we both agree on the basic, core principles (such as Jesus Christ being our Lord and Savior, etc. etc.). Marriage between us has already been a common conversation and religion always comes up as a topic. I feel like she thinks I will convert to Mormonism down the road under her guidance...but that just isn't happening!

I know I'm not helping you a lot with advice, but I'm going through the same thing pretty much. If you need someone to vent to or just shoot the breeze with, hit me up with a PM

Comment

Well Batwoman, right now I'm 29 years old and have one kid with her. She knew I wasn't Mormon but I guess if she knew me more I will convert but thats not giong to happen. It is just too much for me to convert I just don't get their way of life that is just me. I think right now my wife thinks that I will change but that is not giong to happen wish I could tell her with out her being all upset and angry. By the way we only been together for less than 6 months. The plan was just to visit her after I got home from the Iraqi war to see what happens next . I guess my dick was thinking more than my actual head. I ruined my Army career becuase of my stupid actions with her. It is a long story. Man wish I was still fighting with my brothers and sisters over seas.

Comment

Pressuring you, to do something you don't want to do is a bad sign.
                  When I took the ex to church ,it got to the point I would virtually push her out the moving car. If I stoped ,a gang of crazies would try and drag me in the church.

Comment

My advice is that you just sit her down and tell her -- unconditionally -- that you are not going to convert. Pick the right time, when you know that will have privacy and time to talk for a long time. Be firm, be loving, but be clear and unambiguous about the fact that you will never convert to Mormonism. Right now, she clearly thinks that you will convert -- and this is going to add strain to your marriage that will only grow with time.

She's going to be upset, but she needs to have no illusions -- starting NOW -- if you guys are going to make a go of this marriage. Tell her how much this worries you, and how much you want to stay married. But explain that just as she does not want to give up her faith to join yours, you cannot give up your beliefs to join her church. Tolerance and compromise are the only way for people in your situation.

She may feel the need for marriage counseling, and that's fine. But you should specify that it be counseling by a professional that is outside the Mormon church. Let her go talk to her church elders and counselors if she wants to, but don't let her suck you into church-based marriage counseling. You know that their main goal will be to talk you into converting eventually. You will need a neutral third party to help you, if you decide that counseling is necessary.

This faith-based crisis is indeed likely to be the biggest hurdle you have ever faced in your marriage. But you have to work through it, one way or another. Don't let it fester. Who knows -- if she really loves you, maybe she will be willing to show enough toleration to let you pursue your own faith without trying to impose hers on you.

Comment

No one should force you to believe any religion, that's your choice. And it's a paradox that she is forcing you to accept that religion, becuase it is one based on choice.
                      My Progress Log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...gress-log.html

Comment

Working...
                      X