Lust and Love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lust and Love.

When you meet someone you feel a spark with, whether you want to fuck or fall in love. There is a rush of excitement.
    Social scientists refer to this as the state of Limerance. Psychologist Dorothy Tennov coined the term in 1979 When She interviewed 500 people about being in love and identified a common pattern. Tennovs research was focused on the experience of love but the feelings of intense desire or lust and connection, can also produce these characters of limerance.
    -Acute longing
    -Dependency of your mood on the persons actions
    -Intrusive thinking about the object of desire
    -Inability to react limerently towards more then one person
    -Fear of rejection and shyness around the person
    -Vivid imagination about the person
    -Intensification about the person
    -Acute sensitivity to any act, thought or condition that can be interpreted favorably and an ability to devise or invent ‘reasonable’ explanations for why neutral actions are suddenly hidden passions in the person
    -An aching in the chest or stomach when uncertainty is strong
    -Intensification through adversity
    -Buoyancy ( a feeling of walking on air) when reciprocation is sensed
    -A general intensity of feelings that leaves other concerns in the background
    - A remarkable ability to emphasize what is truly admirable in the person and to avoid dwelling on the negatives or manipulate it into a positive attributes.

Research has shown that many of these feelings and behaviors come from a chemical change in the brain, levels of dopamines and norepinephrine increase in the limbic system. As well as an increase in other areas of the brain which are responsible for arousal and pleasure…When you combine the physical changes and the emotional changes .. you have “new relationship energy.” NRE
    This feeling or limerance can be so strong some people become NRE junkies craving the excitement of new rather then what is familiar.

The Limerance stage is also known as the honey moon phase, the rose colored glasses stage, the sunshine’s out of their ass stage… This stage will last anywhere from 2 weeks -2 yrs… When this stage starts to subside that is usually when reality starts to set in OR a feeling of lack of passion OR a rut starts to creep into a relationship OR a pain in the ass stage starts…more arguments over little things start to happen...etc etc...This is generally the point where you find out if, it was a real love situation or a lust ‘dream’ situation… The feelings of limerance with in a relationship don't always last equally with people .. so you can find yourself in a situation where one person is still in limerance and the other person is in a rut.
    ~ If.....
    ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
    ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

i'm actually in this situation right now and I dont know how to get out of it
    Current::EL- 5.5
    EG- 4

Goal:Jaw Dropping

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire. -Arnold H.Glasow

Comment

Yep.
      I think I served in all the watches ye identified in yon post, TTBB.
      In point of fact, I still be in a bit of that ther Limerance regarding the Avenger, though I be not certain she feels the same way about me.
      Pirate Diplomacy:
      The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Thumper and Flower discussed it in Bambi. I think they called it "twitterpated." (Limerance=twitterpated)

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
          Thumper and Flower discussed it in Bambi. I think they called it "twitterpated." (Limerance=twitterpated)
          LOL ..how many times have you seen bambi? i have seen it once as a kid and it made me too sad so i have never watched again since.
          twitterpated .. i wonder if thats where the name for the Twitter community came from.
          ~ If.....
          ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
          ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Originally posted by TittyTittyBangBang View Post
            LOL ..how many times have you seen bambi? i have seen it once as a kid and it made me too sad so i have never watched again since.
            twitterpated .. i wonder if thats where the name for the Twitter community came from.
            Only once that I remember, TTBB--maybe twice. Yeah, it's a tough movie to watch at any age!! Good question. Not sure. Let's check it out.

Comment

It has also been studied that in some females chocolate has the same effect on the limbic system! CANDY ANYONE?
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I dunno..... I have had a lot of extremely hot and erotic sexual encounters with my lover, and I have had a lot of chocolate.
                No contest.
                He wins.

Comment

I am sure he will accept this compliment graciously Bw.

Comment

Originally posted by TittyTittyBangBang View Post
                    When you meet someone you feel a spark with, whether you want to fuck or fall in love. There is a rush of excitement.
                    Social scientists refer to this as the state of Limerance. Psychologist Dorothy Tennov coined the term in 1979 When She interviewed 500 people about being in love and identified a common pattern. Tennovs research was focused on the experience of love but the feelings of intense desire or lust and connection, can also produce these characters of limerance.
                    -Acute longing
                    -Dependency of your mood on the persons actions
                    -Intrusive thinking about the object of desire
                    -Inability to react limerently towards more then one person
                    -Fear of rejection and shyness around the person
                    -Vivid imagination about the person
                    -Intensification about the person
                    -Acute sensitivity to any act, thought or condition that can be interpreted favorably and an ability to devise or invent ‘reasonable’ explanations for why neutral actions are suddenly hidden passions in the person
                    -An aching in the chest or stomach when uncertainty is strong
                    -Intensification through adversity
                    -Buoyancy ( a feeling of walking on air) when reciprocation is sensed
                    -A general intensity of feelings that leaves other concerns in the background
                    - A remarkable ability to emphasize what is truly admirable in the person and to avoid dwelling on the negatives or manipulate it into a positive attributes.

Research has shown that many of these feelings and behaviors come from a chemical change in the brain, levels of dopamines and norepinephrine increase in the limbic system. As well as an increase in other areas of the brain which are responsible for arousal and pleasure…When you combine the physical changes and the emotional changes .. you have “new relationship energy.” NRE
                    This feeling or limerance can be so strong some people become NRE junkies craving the excitement of new rather then what is familiar.

The Limerance stage is also known as the honey moon phase, the rose colored glasses stage, the sunshine’s out of their ass stage… This stage will last anywhere from 2 weeks -2 yrs… When this stage starts to subside that is usually when reality starts to set in OR a feeling of lack of passion OR a rut starts to creep into a relationship OR a pain in the ass stage starts…more arguments over little things start to happen...etc etc...This is generally the point where you find out if, it was a real love situation or a lust ‘dream’ situation… The feelings of limerance with in a relationship don't always last equally with people .. so you can find yourself in a situation where one person is still in limerance and the other person is in a rut.
                    Funny i never felt that way about anybody.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
                      I dunno..... I have had a lot of extremely hot and erotic sexual encounters with my lover, and I have had a lot of chocolate.
                      No contest.
                      He wins.
                      Even over Godiva chocolate??????

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
                        Funny i never felt that way about anybody.
                        That's too bad, KP. It is a wonderful thing to feel that way! (I actually found it a bit spooky reading that long post by TTBB, it is just sooooo accurate!)

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
                          Even over Godiva chocolate??????
                          Yes, even over Godiva dark chocolate.
                          Even many years into our relationship.

Comment

Power to you and your man bw.

Comment

I am and have been in this situation for over 18months with an inaccessible woman!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X