Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

OK, many of you know that a lady friend and I had been dating for the past 6 months. Well, through a series of recent events, I found out finally what a truly sick, twisted, hateful, evil, manipulative bitch I was with all these months. To give you a quick rundown of some of the things I allowed myself to fall victim to, here's a few:
    1. I paid for 90% of our recent trip to Seattle because she couldn't bare to part with any of her dwindling savings. Yeah, I'm rolling in dough!
    2. She borrowed my car while her car went into the shop for some work. She never bothered to offer me gas money much less fill my tank.
    3. We went out for lunch on Sunday for what I thought was my Christmas lunch that she wanted to take me to yet I got stuck picking up the tab.
    4. Sunday night we were supposed to hang out and instead of hanging out, she blew me off to go out with her bi polar girlfriend and her special needs adult son.

So, I stopped texting her because I had had enough and the feeling that I was being used and manipulated was overwhelming. So, Monday night she sends me this email stating that I must be really mad at her and it was OK because there was alot to think about. She then proceeded to tell me that we needed to figure out if we could "fix" this or if we should just go our separate ways. She never asked me what was wrong, why I was mad...........nothing.

I responded by telling her that I was hurt and disappointed but not mad. Mind you, in my email I was polite, courteous and nice. I never cursed at her, never said anything mean or cruel to her and just simply stated what I felt. That there was no fix for this and that I didn't think there was any point in trying to salvage this as neither of us appeared to be wanting a relationship. I told her we could remain FWB's or just friends, whatever she decided would be fine. She claimed we were in a relationship although I never officially asked her to be mine or anything else.

The email she sent me back was the most hate filled, evil, nasty, rude and disgusting thing I've ever read. She said the most unspeakable, hurtful, shitty things a woman can say. In fact, after hours of analyzing the email and really reading it, I made the determination that only a low class, white trash woman would send an email like this. She basically told me I was a horrible excuse for a man, husband and father, that I was a man-child who's mom was still wiping his ass and that I needed to read a book on how to treat a lady in a relationship. She just exploded and spewed filth, hate and viciousness. It was with this email that I made the conclusion that she is emotionally disturbed and a truly mentally sick woman.

Anyway, my sole response to this disgusting email was that I was sorry she felt about me as she did and that I never realized what a pathetic, loser, poor excuse for a man, husband and father she thought I was and I ended it with "I'm glad I now know what you truly think of me". I haven't heard from her since.

Well, this other girl that I dated earlier this year for about 4 months I had been talking to her about all of this and she agreed that this chick was fucking psycho and she needed to be gone. Well, today she took me to lunch for Christmas and she said she wanted to go shopping on Sunday and buy me a shirt for my new promotion at my job.

My question is (and perhaps this should be really obvious), do you think that the girl I dated for 4 months (yes, in that 4 month period we had sex and she gave me several blow jobs in the local Sears parking lot) still has a thing for me?? Sometimes I wonder if she still wants me back. She's not the one for me personally but she is fun to hang out with and who knows, she might be interested in a FWB situation. Thoughts??
    It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

I don't have a ton of experience with women friends and their methods of consolation. Generally speaking, whenever I go to one of my lady friends with a problem they tend to talk it out with me, get me fired up, then let me loose. I'd say if one of em started taking me places, pretty much dates, then you might have something. From what I know you're a bit older than me so of course its different. I say just talk to her about it (after she buys you the shirt of course ). One thing I'm learning slowly is just to be honest and blunt, I'm tired of beating around the bush with girls.
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...nt-logger.html
    My Loggy Log

Comment

The first girl sensed you about to end it and tried to get the upper hand. You didn't give it to her, and her silence is waiting for you to come crawling back. Yes i think you have a shot with the second girl. But is that really what you want? A fwb i mean?

Comment

Oh my. My old buddy Bret, I've seen this relationship from the beginning. This isn't the first time Renee has done this kind of stuff to you. You have GOT to kick her to the curb this time.
        You, of all people, don't need this kind of abuse. Yeah, the sex is nice, but at what price?
        And, this is what? The second, third go around for her and you?

You deserve a lot better my friend. (jP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Mr Big Dick .. i am so sorry things ended up going this way.. you got a raw deal for sure in this situation..your ex is manipulative, and i am happy you are rinsing your hands of her.
          As for the other woman who you once dated .. i would say yes she still has feelings for you, but perhaps taking a little time to re-center yourself would be a good idea before starting something new even a fuck buddy thing .. the dust has barely settled and your emotions are still raw..
          ~ If.....
          ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
          ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Originally posted by JonPop View Post
            Oh my. My old buddy Bret, I've seen this relationship from the beginning. This isn't the first time Renee has done this kind of stuff to you. You have GOT to kick her to the curb this time.
            You, of all people, don't need this kind of abuse. Yeah, the sex is nice, but at what price?
            And, this is what? The second, third go around for her and you?

You deserve a lot better my friend. (jP
            Yeah JP, I once again got fucked over. And if anything, I'm angry at myself for allowing her to do this to me, not once, not twice but three times. I guess I never realized what a mean spirited, truly hateful, emotionally disturbed woman Renee truly was until now. I don't ever want to see her or talk to her again. She uses and manipulates to get what she wants and the minute you decide to speak your mind and tell her your feelings on things, she goes into a hate filled rage and says incredibly mean, evil, shitty things to you. Again, I've experienced this more than once and I can honestly say, this time she went way too far and burned her bridge with me. You're absolutely right John, I don't need her sick, twisted, emotionally abusive shit in my life. To her I simply say "FUCK YOU RENEE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by TittyTittyBangBang View Post
              Mr Big Dick .. i am so sorry things ended up going this way.. you got a raw deal for sure in this situation..your ex is manipulative, and i am happy you are rinsing your hands of her.
              As for the other woman who you once dated .. i would say yes she still has feelings for you, but perhaps taking a little time to re-center yourself would be a good idea before starting something new even a fuck buddy thing .. the dust has barely settled and your emotions are still raw..
              Yeah, I think you're right TTBB. I reopened my account with eharmony the evening following this incident. As I sit here typing this post, I'm not sure why I did............at least not this moment. Yes, I absolutely do want to date and get back out there and meet good, decent, emotionally healthy women.........the kind of women that are of my high quality and standards, I just think I reopened my account too soon. You're right, my emotions are still raw...........it's a wonder some days that I can even entertain the thought of getting involved with another woman after being treated like this. It's knowing that not every woman is sick and twisted like she is that keeps me motivated to find Mrs. Right.

Comment

Yes, don't rush into anything. TTBB is right. Give yourself some breathing room. If you want to date someone, try someone new.... don't go back to someone that didn't fit you before (I assume you are talking about Cindy here), just because you are lonely. The best thing now is to focus on yourself and your kids for a while, I think.

And I agree with JP -- Renee has been bad news for a long time. You are much better off without her.

Comment

How about staying away from the opposite sex for a while.You've had one bad one after another. Maybe you should just forget about dating anyone at all for a while and just let your head clear.Think about it; you're getting out of one relationship and already thinking about another.You need a break! Remember that having is not always as pleasureable as wanting.
                  The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

You know, this is why I came here. Because I needed advice from friends. That is exactly what I'm getting and I thank all of you for your support, guidance and for caring. I think you are all right. BW and CUSP, you're both dead on. I do need some time away from dating to allow my head to clear and to focus on what I want for a spell. I do enjoy hanging out with Cindy on a friend basis but I'm just not interested in dating her again. I think some time off for self reflection and to focus on me and my kids and enjoying my life is just what I need to do.

I guess what I have to learn to control is my inner fear. See, when I divorced my wife, I didn't date for 4 very long years and as a result, when I FINALLY decided to date, I was extremely rusty and I just want to avoid going through that again. My outlook on women is totally different this time and in spite of the shitty way Renee treated me, I don't hate, but rather love women. I think right now I'm just tired of having my good, generous, kind nature used and manipulated and I really do want to find a woman who's going to love me genuinely and who will allow me to share my feelings without the fear of having hateful emails or text messages sent to me. I want to find someone who isn't self absorbed and emotionally abusive because I don't deserve that kind of maltreatment by anybody.

Comment

Find her next month; now take some time for yourself!
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                        Find her next month; now take some time for yourself!
                        Yes, CUSP, you're right. Thanks for helping me keep my head on straight. Man, 2011 is going to be such an awesome year!

Comment

OK,

Today I come home for lunch as I always do and there's a box on my front porch. I picked it up along with the rest of the days' mail and took it in the house. The box was addressed to me from someone by the name of "Catherine Nelson". Now, I do not know anyone named "Catherine Nelson" nor have I bought anything recently so I'm now confused and almost a tad aprehensive as to what this is.

I open the box and find two Seattle Seahawks baseball caps inside and a note at the bottom addressed to me. My heart sank and then it hit me...........this was from Renee, the woman who sent me that God awful hateful email just after Christmas.

So, I read the note and this is exactly what it said:

"Dear Bret,

This is the gift I ordered for you but it did not arrive in time to give you at Christmas. Since you are the only Seahawks fan I know, it seems only logical to send this to you.

I apologize for the harsh email I sent you. I've been under alot of stress and would have said things differently. Still, that is no excuse for my bad behavior and poor manners.

Since we've attempted this twice, I think it's safe to say that you and I are not meant for a relationship.

A reply to this is not necessary or expected. This is just a simple note of apology.

Best wishes to you and your family for a fabulous 2011.

Love,

Lisa Renee"

Now, here's my question. Do I respond to her and thank her and leave it at that or do I respond and tell her what I think or do I simply do nothing, take the gift and go on with my life. Part of me wants to send a "thank you" email that is strictly that, a "thank you" email and cap it at that. I'm on the fence on this one guys and gals. Part of me wants to respond and say "thank you" because that's how I was raised and the other part of me says "fuck her.........she can kiss my ass".

I haven't responded yet as I'm trying to get some feedback on this. I believe while she isn't expecting a response, I think deep down she's hoping I respond thus opening the door for communication between she and I. I will not take her back again nor do I want to see her again. Everyone experiences some level of stress in their life and I do get that but that doesn't mean you shit on the person you profess to love over and over and over just because you're having a bad day. She shit on me left and right and I've personally taken all I'm going to take from her and that venom filled, highly uncalled for email was the final straw that broke the camel's back with me.

Need some advice folks.

Comment

Say "Thank you..Hope 2011 is good to you..take care"
                            it polite to say thank you and the rest indicates that you don't plan to return to her
                            ~ If.....
                            ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
                            ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Yes, saying "Thank You" is the gentlemanly thing to do. But keep it very short, as TTBB suggests. I would also advise againt doing it electronically -- that's an invitation for her to reply again in the same medium. I would suggest going with the old-fashioned mail. A thank-you card would be appropriate and hard for her to misinterpret.

Comment

Working...
                              X