Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is moving in with your GF for the first time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is moving in with your GF for the first time?

Please describe your experience when you first moved in with your girlfriend.
    How did it go? How did it change the relationship? Everything!

I can give you my perspective! When I moved in with my boyfriend (first time for me) the first week was great. Then I wanted to move out almost every day. All the weird stuff like drying off outside the tub getting rug wet instead of inside the tub. He has toothpaste on one side in one way I have it in another. Stuff in the kitchen. All of the sudden I had to switch bed sides! OMG!
    After the third week I was fine and it was comprise that happened on its own. I never even had to have a talk about it. It just all the sudden worked itself out.
    I think the check in's are more than usual though (where are you, what time will you be home, eating here, going to store need anything, oh we are out of this or that, i already got the mail, where is this or that) so if you are not used to that then that is an adjustment.

Its nice. I liked it. We lived together for 6 years before we got married. We were engaged before I moved in but I did not want to get married. The day came when I said OK I am ready, lasted 20 years! Not bad eh
    The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Dont do it!!!!!!!! Trust me. If you love her and want to have a very longg relationship dont do it. I did it and yeah it worked great for a couple months, but after the initial excitement of being togethre feeling like a family or whatever you really see how compatible you are, just saying be careful if you do. Could be disaster or success, definitely dont go with your gut.
      Starting-Jan 2011- BPEL=7.5"x6"
      Feb 2011- BPEL=7.9"x6"
      Mar 2011- Bpel =8.0"x6"
      NBPEL=7.25"x6"
      flaccid length-4.6"

Long Term Goal BPEL=10"x6.75"

Comment

+1, I regret moving in with my girlfriend LOL.

Not much of "me" time.
        +Sep. 2010 BPEL 5 3/4, MEG 4 1/4
        +Dec. 2010 BPEL 6 1/8, MEG 4 3/8

Comment

I was ALMOST moved in with one of my gf's (now ex gf). I did everything but shower there and move my stuff in. Our relationship was doomed from the get go so my ALMOST being moved in didn't add or retract anything from the relationship. Heck, if anything, I think she saw my moving in as her being married again and that thought repulsed her.

Would I do it again? Absolutely, provided she was the right woman.
          It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Any more stories?

Comment

I had a long distance love affair for two years, about two thousand miles, toward the end one or the other of us flew out for a few days every month. After we became engaged she asked me which one of was going to move. I thought a bout that real long and hard and finally decided that it really meant if one of us is unhappy it'll be your fault. So I moved and moved in with her for a couple months before we got married.

Having been a bachelor for thirty seven years and having my own place, I had to make adjustments. The first thing of note was a realization that, my stuff was shit and her shit was stuff. I was whining on the phone one day to my father about it being just her house and he helped me get perspective, he said, "We've moved six times and it's always been your mother's house".

That was ten years ago and things have been a relationship of give and take, more good times than bad times. I'm not sure that this will be of much help as we'd already committed to marriage and were willing to make life changes to make it work. They say it's the small things, like toothpaste, that break up relationships, I can't say I agree, I think it's the big things like talking about what bugs you and her. Which brings me to my second and last point. Choose your fights, and let the rest slide.

​The enemy of good is not bad
              The enemy of good is better

Comment

Worst idea ever. keep her at a distance if you want to keep her. familiarity breeds contempt.
                The force is strong with you young Skywalker. Obi Wan has trained you well.

before: 6X4.5
                now: 7X5
                next: 8X6

Comment

A very interesting topic I think. Whether you should move in with your girlfriend or not, bothers me also at present. We are dating for over a year already. Time flows so quickly that you do not realize that you spent together so much time. We have not lived together, but we use to spend a lot of time together. The majority of weekend she lives at me. She feel uncomfortable sometimes but she shouldn't, i think.
                  We see each other every day, sometimes it may happen that 1 or 2 a week we may make a pause. But I feel so good when we are together. If I don't see her one day, it seems that something is wrong with me and I cannot breath normally. So, we are both thinking if it is worth moving together. We are only afraid of not losing our feelings and the purity in our relationship.
                  So, I don't know what shall we do? If we love each other and want to marry in a year or 2, what shall we do???
                  I am waiting for your replies and opinions 'cause I really don't know what decision to take.
                  Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

keep your distance. seriously the charm wears off when you share a bathroom. is she an extra clean person? are you? small lifestyle differences cause huge fights a year down the road when frustration sets in. take anything that even slightly annoys you about her and magnify it by a thousand.
                    The force is strong with you young Skywalker. Obi Wan has trained you well.

before: 6X4.5
                    now: 7X5
                    next: 8X6

Comment

Working...
                    X