Dinner Date Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner Date Saturday!

Some of you may remember me talking about a girl I was in to, but it all happened right before going on winter break and I was asking advice on how to handle things. Well, I've got a good update.

Last saturday was my roommate's gf's 21st. About 8 of us got a hotel suite, and went out for the night back near my hometown. The girl was there that night, which was the first time I'd seen her really since before break. The night went great with her and I hitting it off pretty well, to the point where my friend pulled me aside at one point and said that some of the others there (who hadn't met the girl before) asked if there was something going on between us.

Anyway, late that night while she was half asleep (and a bit drunk) she misheard me and another friend talking about something and thought we were making fun of her (which we were not, I can't think of anything bad to say about her anyways). She got all upset, but wouldn't tell us why. I didn't get a chance to talk to her in the morning b/c she left super early to get back to school before anyone else was awake. So my only mode of communication was the phone, and this is how it went:

Me: Hey, I had a great time with you last night, and I'm really sorry if I said something I shouldn't have.. can I make it up to you?
    Her: Heyy I had a really good time w you too it was really fun. And its ok you didn't I was just drunk and being like that
    Me: Well I'd still feel better if you let me do something for you =)
    Her Haha okk I suppose I'll let you
    Me: Haha why thank you, how does dinner sound?
    Her: Sounds good to mee
    Me: Saturday at 7?
    Her: Sounds goodd

and then I made a few jokes about the night and ended it, havent talked to her since. She didn't seem too excited, but it's only a text so who knows...either way, I'll take it! I figure since a text would be the easiest way to decline me, the fact that she didn't is a good sign. Hoping she won't cancel, but we'll see
    pbfreakon
    Last edited by pbfreakon; 04-07-2011, 12:37 AM.
    Current:
    BPEL - 7
    Base EG - 5.5
    Mid EG - 4.75
    Top EG - 4.5

Short Term Goal:
    NBPEL - 7
    Avg. EG - 5

Sounds like its ON mate! One thing i have learned though is not to text every time, girls do love their text (and they need good text!) but having a chat on the phone now and then is essential. Too much text and you can almost lose touch with who you're dealing with. (like how you mentioned- u can't always tell what she means through a text)
    But anyways these are just minor things, have a great time at the weekend man!

Comment

Looks good.

Keep your composure & avoid neediness (don't know you so this might not be an issue for you - always was for me)
      Vulcan
      7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
      5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

It sounds very positive.
        you say she doesn't sound excited but i suspect that is more your own worries being put into tone when reading what she writes.. you really can't say how excited or not excited she is in the texts.. but she sounds keen to have dinner with you..
        you really should follow up with a call.. not a text ..just confirm the dinner plans ..it will give you a better read on it .
        ~ If.....
        ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
        ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

TTB, I think you are right...it's most likely me worrying.

I will definitely call her tomorrow or friday to confirm everything. Can't wait!
          Current:
          BPEL - 7
          Base EG - 5.5
          Mid EG - 4.75
          Top EG - 4.5

Short Term Goal:
          NBPEL - 7
          Avg. EG - 5

Comment

Dress up, take her someplace nice ( meaning spend a buck or two) be a complete gentleman, when it's over give her a POLITE kiss on the cheek, tell her you had a good time, and if she texts you the next day then you might be a lucky guy!
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Gasp! I agree with Cusp!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                Dress up, take her someplace nice ( meaning spend a buck or two) be a complete gentleman, when it's over give her a POLITE kiss on the cheek, tell her you had a good time, and if she texts you the next day then you might be a lucky guy!
                The classis set-up move. Nice ....
                Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
                "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

I use it all the time, well I really only used it once but it was effective! I got married with it! And if BW agrees with it you know it must be good! (cause we all know how she can be!)
                  The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

It would work for me.. I've never had a guy make that sort of effort..lol
                    ~ If.....
                    ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

O_O how can women not ever encounter a Gentleman in their lives? I guess we're a dying breed LOL!

Comment

The rare occasion i went with a nice restaurant with a date.. i was the one paying...even when we weren't' going somewhere nice i always seem to be the one paying.. as far as i am aware men do not have money.. they have beer, booze and empty wallets.
                        ~ If.....
                        ~ Lust and Love

Comment

Originally posted by ErictheGed View Post
                          Sounds like its ON mate! One thing i have learned though is not to text every time, girls do love their text (and they need good text!) but having a chat on the phone now and then is essential. Too much text and you can almost lose touch with who you're dealing with. (like how you mentioned- u can't always tell what she means through a text)
                          But anyways these are just minor things, have a great time at the weekend man!
                          I cannot TELL you how true this is! My last couple of gf's were "text whores"...........text, text, text, text, text, text, text........that's ALL they knew how to do. The last chick I went out with liked talking on the phone but she was missing half her teeth so that didn't work out.

But I agree, texting is fine for small chit chat during the day OR for "sexting" if you're getting her ready for the evening to come. Otherwise, for the love of God, call her, talk to her, hear the expression in her voice. Texting can't tell you shit and is often HUGELY misunderstood in relationships or even casual dating.

Sounds like you're on the right track with her. Just keep up the conversation and be yourself and see where things go.
                          It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TittyTittyBangBang View Post
                            The rare occasion i went with a nice restaurant with a date.. i was the one paying...even when we weren't' going somewhere nice i always seem to be the one paying.. as far as i am aware men do not have money.. they have beer, booze and empty wallets.
                            Hmmmm, whenever I go out with a woman, I always pay. I don't have alot of money at all but I still pay. I don't mind being taken out by the woman once we get to that level but by and large, I do the paying and any decent man should.
                            It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

I have never chosen males based on money.. I also don't like money being an issue (at the time i was the one who had money,so i would pay for holidays, clothing, nights out etc etc). it was taken advantage of.. With time i realized there was a pattern with the males i was with... beer and partying with the boys first, me second... def not something i would let happen now...Its only in the last couple years that i have actually had a male spend money on me because he wanted to .. it was awkward for me to begin with because i wasn't use to it...the idea of a man getting dressed up and going to a nice restaurant ..its a nice thought but hard for me to imagine.
                              I am also pretty laid back, like simple things in life so i guess it never occurred to any of them that i wouldn't mind something nicer then pizza delivery ..lmfao
                              ~ If.....
                              ~ Lust and Love

Comment

Working...
                              X