Do you believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe?

Do you believe in true love? I find myself wondering if I still feel like there is one special person out there, and if love at first sight exists. Not sure if this is changing because I'm more jaded, or if it's simply maturity and understanding how things really are.

What do you believe/believed in?
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
    link 2000's Links

I'd answer that but I don't want to jinx my relationship(Do people still say jinx?)
    But yep I believe in true love.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnitch View Post
      Do you believe in true love? I find myself wondering if I still feel like there is one special person out there, and if love at first sight exists. Not sure if this is changing because I'm more jaded, or if it's simply maturity and understanding how things really are.

I can tell you I believe in true love. I love my wife more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishfan View Post
        I can tell you I believe in true love. I love my wife more than anything.
        Yup I love his wife too! (only kidding)
        Love at first sight doesn't exist. Lust, infatuation, those are things that you get at first sight. Love takes time and effort but it's worth it.
        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

The difference between serial monogamy and true love is that of fantasy vs reality.
          On that note, living in a partial fantasy world is in no way a bad thing, I do it daily.
          Personally I think love is more of a controllable mindset then a state of being. Sometimes I get the this can't work thing, usually just thinking differently puts me back on cloud nine.

Regards
          Cdn

Comment

If you believe in true love, is this your view of true love?

Maybe Graciela Sees It From Heaven, This Huge Guitar Made of Trees - WSJ.com

B
            link 2000's Links

Comment

I would say that article is about romance, not necessarily true love. It's very romantic, but true love with a living person is very different. That man's wife died long ago, and he's built a memorial to her. However, if she were alive still, she would have undergone changes in life and personality, and being committed with someone requires the ability to respect those changes and sacrifice/compromise part of what you want in order to stay together, which isn't always easy.

Here is a quote from my friend's facebook page, I think it's very accurate:

"Because the condition of marriage is worldly and its meaning communal, no one party to it can be solely in charge. What you alone think it ought to be, it is not going to be. Where you alone think you want it to go, it is not going to go. It is going where the two of you -- and marriage, time, life, history, and the world -- will take it. You do not know the road; you have committed your life to a way."

- Wendell Berry, Poety and Marriage (essay)

EDIT: Just to let you know, yes I believe in true love. Like others have mentioned, it takes respect, openness, communication, and hard work, in addition to love. Love is only one component (but still an essential one); all others need to also be present in order for it to work.
              Qarzan
              Last edited by Qarzan; 11-01-2011, 08:42 PM.
              Starting (3/14/2011) = 5" x 4"
              Current (7/16/2013) = 5.75" x 4.125"

Short-Term Goal = BPEL 6"
              Long-Term Goal = 7.5" x 5.5"

Comment

I seriously hope that the right person is out there for me, otherwise I'm seriously fucked. I do believe in true love......I don't necessarily believe it happens the first time around but I do believe that everyone has that one person they're meant to be with. That being said, I would LOVE to meet my Mrs. Right because while I don't mind being alone, it does get old some days.....
                It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

So, if you believe in true love and think there is one person out there for everyone. Does that also mean that fate will bring love together no matter what. Is it possible to miss out on your one and only?

If she/he is your one and only can you really mess it up with them?

B
                  link 2000's Links

Comment

So, if you believe in true love and think there is one person out there for everyone. Does that also mean that fate will bring love together no matter what. Is it possible to miss out on your one and only?

Hmmm, good question. I seriously hope it's NOT possible to miss out on your one and only because the 3 I've had so far on this planet haven't been stellar by any means. You can mess it up with anyone.
                    It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

100% I believe in true love
                      100% I believe you can have true love more than once
                      100% I believe love at first sight is your mind ,fantasy but if mutual can lead to true love.

Don't get jaded. There is no emotional pain you can't get over.
                      Trust me. I'm super sensitive and I got thru it.

Be open and let it roll. It's beautiful.
                      The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Yes.
                        I dunno about love at first sight. Lust at first sight yes. lol. Love? No, it takes time to get to know and understand someone.
                        Do I think there is a perfect someone for everyone? No. But there is a person who best suits you and makes you totally happy in every way.
                        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

YES I totally believe in true love! My partner and I meet almost 27 yrs ago and I still get excited just know I am going home and he will be there.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Sept 2010 BPEL 5.25 x EG 4.25
                          Feb 2011 BPEL 6.5 x EG 4.65
                          Oct 2011 1yr posting BPEL 7 x EG 4.8 (now time to work on girth)

Comment

I also feel that there's more than one person (likely tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even a few million) in the world that has potential for true love with you. Is it possible that they all pass you by? Absolutely. Just keep your eyes and ears (and especially your heart) open, and you will see the opportunities around you.
                            Starting (3/14/2011) = 5" x 4"
                            Current (7/16/2013) = 5.75" x 4.125"

Short-Term Goal = BPEL 6"
                            Long-Term Goal = 7.5" x 5.5"

Comment

bump, because I feel like asking this question again.

B
                              link 2000's Links

Comment

Working...
                              X