Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a possible girlfriend (maybe).

A little background first.

I am currently at a Job Corps in Utah. It's sort of like a school. We learn a trade for 8 hours a day and then live and eat here on center.

Last year, when I was working in the cafeteria, I saw this girl working there as well. Every time I made eye contact with her when I passed by, she would smile at me. I thought nothing of it thinking she was just friendly. But as the months continued, it didn't stop. She always had a smile and sometimes a wave for me. Well, this past Friday, as she was getting on the bus to go off-center (I was already seated), she flashed me the same familiar smile. I thought it was high time I at least got her name so I struck up a conversation. When the bus stopped, we each got off at our intended destinations. Mine was Barnes and Noble

Afterward, as we waited for the bus, one of the questions I asked her was what kind of books she reads. Her instant answer without hesitation or forethought was "the Bible." I was a bit surprised actually. I thought at first that she was Catholic since she is Hispanic. Nope she's a Christian, a born again Christian like me!

I think things are starting to make sense. She is drop-dead gorgeous, but I cannot remember ever seeing her with a steady boyfriend. If she is the kind of girl that I think she might be, she likely observes one of Christianity's most important rules; do not date or marry someone who is not of like faith. I am still trying to figure out if the attraction I feel for her is one-sided or mutual.

I didn't see her at all Saturday, but I saw her today. She was waiting outside of the cafeteria entrance for the place to open. She was all by herself. I went up to her and said hello, asked her how her weekend was, and said some off-handed remark about the food hopefully being good . . . and then, I walked away! Why did I walk away??? I could have asked her how long she has been here, when she became a Christian, what her trade was, or any number of other things! I guess I figured that she has guys after her left and right already and so I didn't want to pressure her. I intended to ask if I could join her when we got inside, but two guys beat me to her in line. I guess I need a bit more self-confidence than I thought!

Inside, I watched her with the guys. She smiled and laughed sometimes, but it seemed as if she focused on her plate most of the time and didn't make eye contact very often whereas with me, she makes eye contact frequently and smiles and laughs a lot. I was hoping they would get up and leave before she did, but she left first and they walked out with her. *sigh* I should have latched onto her this morning before the others could get to her. I don't think she is in a relationship with any of them. At least, I hope not. Any clues to watch for when she is with other guys would help.

I'm hoping I can sit with her tonight at dinner. Any advice would be helpful. I'm not very good at this.

Previously, dating here would have been out of the question, but now, we both know the other is Christian, and if there is a mutual attraction there, I don't want to let this opportunity slip by!

P.S. I already posted this at ************* and it devolved into a religious flame war. Let's see if we can stay on topic please!

Ok so the thing is, she is into you and you just need to go for it! Don't even give a second thought as to whether she is into you or not, just know that she wants you and you have to give her what she wants!
    PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Originally posted by BTBrian View Post
      Ok so the thing is, she is into you and you just need to go for it! Don't even give a second thought as to whether she is into you or not, just know that she wants you and you have to give her what she wants!
      That's what I'm hoping, but I've always been shy with women unfortunately, as evidenced by this morning. What I should have done was asked her outside while we were waiting if I could join her for brunch. In fact, if she's waiting outside again for dinner, that's exactly what I'll do!

What clues should I watch for in the future if she is sitting with other guys? What signs might indicate they are just there and that she has no real interest? By the way, her father is from Guatemala and her mother from Mexico. Yup, she's pretty cute!
      kelthuzad1986
      Last edited by kelthuzad1986; 06-10-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I would suggest that you ask her if she would like to do a bible study together, you would get some time with her to get to know her and maybe after you can bring up the idea of wanting to get something to eat, if she says its cool then you are most likely to get something going. Have fun and ask her about the study. If she is strong in her beliefs then she will probably be more interested once she finds out you have the asme beliefs. Good luck and I hope it works out.
        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by kelthuzad1986 View Post
          What clues should I watch for in the future if she is sitting with other guys? What signs might indicate they are just there and that she has no real interest? By the way, her father is from Guatemala and her mother from Mexico. Yup, she's pretty cute!
          Very nice!

There's not much I can say as to tell whether she's interested in the other guys or not. I'd say as long as she's not like holding hands with anyone or anything like that then you should assume she's single. It's not like you're going to upset her by trying to ask her out even if she isn't single. The worst that can happen is you'll end up in the exact same situation as you're in now (single)!
          PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Originally posted by BTBrian View Post
            Very nice!There's not much I can say as to tell whether she's interested in the other guys or not. I'd say as long as she's not like holding hands with anyone or anything like that then you should assume she's single. It's not like you're going to upset her by trying to ask her out even if she isn't single. The worst that can happen is you'll end up in the exact same situation as you're in now (single)!
            lol, you're right. I can be so self-sabotaging sometimes. The worst that can happen is no, and the best that can happen is a new girlfriend! I'll go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
              I would suggest that you ask her if she would like to do a bible study together, you would get some time with her to get to know her and maybe after you can bring up the idea of wanting to get something to eat, if she says its cool then you are most likely to get something going. Have fun and ask her about the study. If she is strong in her beliefs then she will probably be more interested once she finds out you have the asme beliefs. Good luck and I hope it works out.
              Thanks! That may not be such a bad idea!

Comment

You're really over thinking this. Just ask her out then go do something fun to get to know each other better, she's obviously into you.
                On a break from the forum
                imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
                Pelvic Floor Balance
                Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Comment

I know I know I know. I'm overthinking. It is one of my major failings. *sigh*

Comment

I'll be back later guys. I'm getting tired of sitting in front of a computer screen. I'm going to go outside and get some fresh air and hopefully, maybe even see her. Who knows?

Comment

Back from my walk. Didn't see her, but dinner is in one hour. Wish me luck! I hope she's waiting outside again!

Comment

No luck. Either she wasn't at dinner or I completely missed her. Will update when something actually happens

Comment

The only way you'll find out anything about her is to talk to her and maybe ask her out for coffee where the two of you can be alone and get to know one another. As was suggested above, see about attending a bible study together or something.
                          It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBigDick View Post
                            The only way you'll find out anything about her is to talk to her and maybe ask her out for coffee where the two of you can be alone and get to know one another. As was suggested above, see about attending a bible study together or something.
                            I know, and that's what's bugging me right now. I had a chance to have breakfast with her this morning and completely let it slip through my fingers! I walked right up to her, chit-chatted a bit, and then walked away! I could have asked if I could join her! More opportunities will come I'm sure, and I don't intend to waste them.

Comment

Originally posted by kelthuzad1986 View Post
                              I know, and that's what's bugging me right now. I had a chance to have breakfast with her this morning and completely let it slip through my fingers! I walked right up to her, chit-chatted a bit, and then walked away! I could have asked if I could join her! More opportunities will come I'm sure, and I don't intend to waste them.
                              That's the main thing. You missed that opportunity, you'll pick up the next and the next and the next.......no biggie....it happens....
                              It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X