No announcement yet.

Dating a guy who looks better than you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating a guy who looks better than you?

Something i've heard girls talk about.

One time, a girl actually told me that i shouldn't date a certain girl because i was "too good looking for her" and another girl i was talking to let it slip that most girls won't go for a guy that is too good looking...

Personally, i find this notion ridiculous, but would like your opinions (male or female)
    _My Journal_
    Goal
    > +1.0" BPEL +0.5" EG <

Na, makes sense to me. Some guys use their looks for one night stands. These girls you were talking must have been hurt or know someone that has been hurt by a great looking guy.

As far as the "you are too good looking for her" that's just code for you could do better.
    "with great EQ, comes great responsibility"

Comment

I wish I was good looking.

Comment

I think its cuz they might get jealous easily bro , I dated few chicks who say im hot/ sexy and every time i go out and drink with my boys i get non stop questioning about if i was with other girls or not . Idk but they are also asian , heard asian girls are clingy-er than the avg girl

Comment

I am handsome but not too good looking (my wife calls some guys too pretty)...the older I get though the more looks I get from women...must be the "character" in my face...
          Started: 7 x 5
          Current: 8 inches x 6.25 inches (whole shaft)
          Goal 8.5 x 6.5

Pics. https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...8-56-46-1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Thenewguy2 View Post
            Oh come on now TNG2. I'm sure you're fine looking, but even if you were as ugly as butt, girls go for confidence over looks. You'll be fine.

Comment

My girlfriend brings this up occasionally, I think she's better looking than me though.

It's definitely a source of insecurity, I have no idea why though.
              My progress log

Comment

Well you say that girls go for confidence over looks.. Well that's another problem. I'm far from confident. I'll give you an example of how I look: Check this http://i.imgur.com/3d2G3E9.png Now imagine this head (small) on a 220lbs guy. And check this: http://i.imgur.com/hBTBWa7.png Of course, I'm far from that good looking. I have no muscles, I'm 220lbs in fat. And if you look on his face... My face is not that "tall" and probably not that wide as well. I'ts more like a round face like the first imgur I linked.

Let's say it this way: It just looks stupid, with such an imbalance (head size vs body size)

Comment

Well you say that girls go for confidence over looks.. Well that's another problem. I'm far from confident. I'll give you an example of how I look: Check this http://i.imgur.com/3d2G3E9.png Now imagine this head (small) on a 220lbs guy. And check this: http://i.imgur.com/hBTBWa7.png Of course, I'm far from that good looking. I have no muscles, I'm 220lbs in fat. And if you look on his face... My face is not that "tall" and probably not that wide as well. I'ts more like a round face like the first imgur I linked.

Let's say it this way: It just looks stupid, with such an imbalance (head size vs body size)
                  OK, got it. So you look like this:
                  shrunken-head.jpg

Seriously, self image and confidence go hand in hand. If you don't like weighing 220 pounds, then get to work! You can control you lifestyle, right? Go get stronger and healthier you will also get braver and more confident too.

Comment

MrM:

1) The girl that told you you are "too good looking for the other girl" sound conniving and shallow. I, personally, would walk away from her. Total turn off.
                    2) The second girl suggests self esteem issues and could use a buddy to get her attitude on the right track about herself.
                    3) Any REAL and mature woman will choose her man for his real worth that lies below the superficial and inside his skin.

So yes, I agree. It is a ridiculous notion as it is a GIRL'S notion, not that of a WOMAN.
                    Start: 9/2012 6.5x4.5
                    Progress: 8/3/2016 7.375x5.1
                    Goal: 7/16/2015 7.75x5.5

LND

Comment

I find it strange when a girl says she is too good looking for a guy let alone the other way round.

Comment

Dude stop it. The fact that you realize you have issues and are trying to improve yourself should be a turn on in itself. Also, with WOMEN, not girls, what's inside is way more important. Ultimately they are looking to be treated like a lady and with respect as an EQUAL in the relationship.

If they act any different, don't waste YOUR time. You deserve better and she still has some growing up to do. Also, immaturity knows no age. I know quite a few 40 even 50 year old GIRLS. Crazy but true. They are destined to be very lonely later in life.
                        LilNudeDude
                        Last edited by LilNudeDude; 10-26-2013, 03:28 PM.

LND

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                          I find it strange when a girl says she is too good looking for a guy let alone the other way round.
                          Superficial nonsense either way. They need a reality check, if they ever hope to have a lasting relationship.

LND

Comment

Oh, and I will NEVER be handsome. Just perpetually cute. Everyone's favorite little brother. Try that on for size. (no pun intended on myself)

LND

Comment

Originally posted by MrMuley View Post
                              Something i've heard girls talk about.

One time, a girl actually told me that i shouldn't date a certain girl because i was "too good looking for her" and another girl i was talking to let it slip that most girls won't go for a guy that is too good looking...

Personally, i find this notion ridiculous, but would like your opinions (male or female)
                              I've heard about this too. I think it has to do with the gender role dynamic and status.

I could share my thoughts on it, but I know the people here and they'll get all pissy about it. So I'm instead going to ask my friend Julia HER opinion on it *i'm calling her now* and write down her response:
                              "You're going to think this is really corny, but it doesn't matter what you look like. If you like a person, you should just go for it because what they look like shouldn't matter."
                              "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                              Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                              Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                              As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Working...
                              X