Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating advice?

Hey everyone!

So, I have seen for a while now on different websites, youtube and in real life women who feel they are an authority on relationships, sex, men, women and everything in between offering their own brand of dating advice to guys! But my question to the guys here is do you feel you should be taking dating advice from women about women? The following article suggests we shouldn't!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...q7hgIrpXxBYKgg

This is not to say that as guys we can't take something from the advice ladies offer us, just take it with a pinch of salt and not as gospel! After all many women say they want a spontaneous guy! How can a guy be spontaneous if he is following her set of rules or behaving like a lapdog or whatever? And remember any woman with advice for men on dating is only offering one opinion/perspective!
    burtybasset
    Retired Moderator
    Member of the Month May 2014
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by burtybasset; 05-12-2015, 11:42 AM.
    "Those who know others have knowledge,
    those who know themselves have insight.
    Those who master others have force,
    those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Wow, great article, makes a lot of sense. I particularly liked the fourth point: "Women are not experts attracting women. They are experts at being women. As a result, the advice they tend to give to men is the same that they would dispense to their single girlfriends. “Just wait”, “the right guy/girl is out there for you”, “it will happen when the time is right”. The only problem with this advice is that it only works for women. Men approach women-not the other way around. If a man “waited for the right one”, or sat around hoping that something would “just happen”, he’d be in or a long and fruitless time."
    burtybasset
    Retired Moderator
    Member of the Month May 2014
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by burtybasset; 05-12-2015, 03:12 PM. Reason: small text enlarged
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Thanks mebs, I made the text in your quote a little bigger, I hope you don't mind.

Comment

Oh my god, you did what? NEG REPPED.

Originally posted by burtybasset View Post
        Thanks mebs, I made the text in your quote a little bigger, I hope you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
          Oh my god, you did what? NEG REPPED.

Ha ha, you crack me up!

Comment

Gather information, sort & decide for yourself.

Correct if need be & learn from your life's experiences.
            Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
            Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I have always believed that you shouldn't take dating advice from MOST women. I say most, because don't get me wrong there are in fact women out there that will give great dating advice, but the majority unfortunately do not.

From my experience, the average woman doesn't even completely understand what attracts them to a certain guy as opposed to another guy. Most women whom you bring your dating problems and seek advice from will just try and make you feel better about what's happening.

For example say you are trying to date a woman and she's actually not all that interested won't just come out and say "Hey I'm not interested in you." You then decide to go to a woman friend for advice, who will more than likely not burst your ego and say "She just doesn't like you, you have no chance." She will likely say something being aware of your feelings and not wanting to hurt them like "Maybe she got out of a bad relationship." "Maybe she likes you a lot but doesn't want anything serious right now."

What it comes down to is that women are highly emotional and will always be aware of what they say and how they say it will make you feel. They wont be straightforward like the average male, who responds to situations more logically than emotionally.

Good article.
              Live and Learn

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
                Gather information, sort & decide for yourself.

Correct if need be & learn from your life's experiences.
                I'm a big believer in that Mr Wizard, deciding for myself that is!

There is a lot of misinformation about for one reason or another, I think it important for guys to think for themselves, find their own groove and not just rely on what they are told, actions/reactions speak louder than words!

Comment

Very interesting article. I particularly like the comparison to a salesman. If I were browsing a store and a salesman asked me what I wanted a salesman to do to so he could sell me something I would tell him I would want to be left alone; "I'll come get you when I want to buy something." This means there would be no sale because I'm a cheap bastard.

However, an experienced salesman might be able to peg me as a curious/novelty guy. He would see me wandering around and ask me if I would like to see the newest "what-ever" and all the cool things it does that other "what-evers" do not.

He increases his chances from 0% to 30% to make the sale that day and probably 0%-60% that I would seek him out within a week to close the deal.

I agree there is a lot to learn about picking up women from people who do it often and well.

The next question is, "How are you going to know if your internet acquaintance is actually that type of person?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hacker View Post
                    I have always believed that you shouldn't take dating advice from MOST women. I say most, because don't get me wrong there are in fact women out there that will give great dating advice, but the majority unfortunately do not.

From my experience, the average woman doesn't even completely understand what attracts them to a certain guy as opposed to another guy. Most women whom you bring your dating problems and seek advice from will just try and make you feel better about what's happening.

For example say you are trying to date a woman and she's actually not all that interested won't just come out and say "Hey I'm not interested in you." You then decide to go to a woman friend for advice, who will more than likely not burst your ego and say "She just doesn't like you, you have no chance." She will likely say something being aware of your feelings and not wanting to hurt them like "Maybe she got out of a bad relationship." "Maybe she likes you a lot but doesn't want anything serious right now."

What it comes down to is that women are highly emotional and will always be aware of what they say and how they say it will make you feel. They wont be straightforward like the average male, who responds to situations more logically than emotionally.

Good article.
                    Thanks for your reply!

Very insightful

Comment

Originally posted by namsokiek View Post
                      Very interesting article. I particularly like the comparison to a salesman. If I were browsing a store and a salesman asked me what I wanted a salesman to do to so he could sell me something I would tell him I would want to be left alone; "I'll come get you when I want to buy something." This means there would be no sale because I'm a cheap bastard.

However, an experienced salesman might be able to peg me as a curious/novelty guy. He would see me wandering around and ask me if I would like to see the newest "what-ever" and all the cool things it does that other "what-evers" do not.

He increases his chances from 0% to 30% to make the sale that day and probably 0%-60% that I would seek him out within a week to close the deal.

I agree there is a lot to learn about picking up women from people who do it often and well.

The next question is, "How are you going to know if your internet acquaintance is actually that type of person?"
                      Thanks for the reply Namso!

But which type of person do you mean? Salesperson or buyer??

I quite like the sales person bit also, but more for the reason that a salesman is under no obligation to make his pitch pleasing to his customer, he only needs to close! But it's probably best he presents his product in it's best light.

There is more than one way to skin a cat (/shave a pussy )

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
                        Wow, great article, makes a lot of sense. I particularly liked the fourth point: "Women are not experts attracting women. They are experts at being women. As a result, the advice they tend to give to men is the same that they would dispense to their single girlfriends. “Just wait”, “the right guy/girl is out there for you”, “it will happen when the time is right”. The only problem with this advice is that it only works for women. Men approach women-not the other way around. If a man “waited for the right one”, or sat around hoping that something would “just happen”, he’d be in or a long and fruitless time."
                        Oh god I used to get this and similar clichés all the time when I was younger . I still feel physically ill when I hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by burtybasset View Post
                          Thanks for the reply Namso!

But which type of person do you mean? Salesperson or buyer??

I quite like the sales person bit also, but more for the reason that a salesman is under no obligation to make his pitch pleasing to his customer, he only needs to close! But it's probably best he presents his product in it's best light.

There is more than one way to skin a cat (/shave a pussy )
                          I made the fairly large leap to connect that this post is on a relationship thread online, and the people most likely to read it are those who are looking for relationship advice or give relationship advice (where about only 10% of these people actually give good advice). Obliquely connected logical leaps are something I explain very poorly but do them with great frequency.

Speaking to the person who might be on this thread looking for relationship advice, this is a question for that person to ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by namsokiek View Post
                            I made the fairly large leap to connect that this post is on a relationship thread online, and the people most likely to read it are those who are looking for relationship advice or give relationship advice (where about only 10% of these people actually give good advice). Obliquely connected logical leaps are something I explain very poorly but do them with great frequency.

Speaking to the person who might be on this thread looking for relationship advice, this is a question for that person to ponder.
                            Ahh, I think I'm with you, I think.

Just be careful with the large leaps though the pony is feeling poorly.

Comment

Yeh same here. I have heard them being used in real life way more than I would have liked, both advice given to me and advice given to friends. They always make me cringe. It is like the standard response of someone who doesn't know how to give real advice!

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              Oh god I used to get this and similar clichés all the time when I was younger . I still feel physically ill when I hear them.

Comment

Working...
                              X