Redirect spam popup ads on mobile app with iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirect spam popup ads on mobile app with iPhone

Anyone else getting the redirect popup spam ads when using an iPhone to access pegym? I've deleted all my browsers (chrome, firefox, etc), reloaded them, put popup blocker on in the settings, and I still have this problem. Doing some research on these redirect spam ads, I learned that they are usually not a virus on the device, but come from the ads through the website.

Is anyone else having this issue? For me, it's made it impossible to access pegym from my phone.

Thanks

Thanks for bringing this to attention. Site techs are looking into it.
    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by WillGetBetter View Post
      Anyone else getting the redirect popup spam ads when using an iPhone to access pegym? I've deleted all my browsers (chrome, firefox, etc), reloaded them, put popup blocker on in the settings, and I still have this problem. Doing some research on these redirect spam ads, I learned that they are usually not a virus on the device, but come from the ads through the website.

Is anyone else having this issue? For me, it's made it impossible to access pegym from my phone.

Thanks
      Snap. I have been having exactly the same problem on an iPad and had done almost all the same things without success (mostly using Safari browser on iPad). Did not have any issues on PC and thought it must just be some sort of malware on the iPad.

Comment

If any browser has internal Security 'tweaks', or there are 'add-ons/Extensions' where users can enhance their browser Security/Block Pop ups/Add Blockers, then thats one path to investigate.

bDownside, some elements of a web page may be impaired, and 'break' that web page.

case in point, one Ad Blocker, when used in a Firefox browser, will prevent the re-Captcha "I'm not a Bot" test from being displayed, and not being able to add a checkmark to that Bot test, will prevent a user from registering at the PEGym.

Yet the same Ad Blocker when used in the Chrome Browser, will NOT break that same Bot test.
        Complcated, ugly, and makes things a royal PITA.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Any progress on this? I switched to a new phone (not because of this issue ), and the problem is still there. It would be great to be able to access pegym with my iphone. I'm heading out on a 2 week vacation and will not likely have access to a PC.

Comment

Not owning any Apple products, I am unable to see the problem you are describing.
            This has been reported to site ownership, but I've not heard anything new.

I went to the mobile site using my android smart phone, used the stock browser, logged in with my plain vanilla user account, and saw nothing as others are seeing (pop ups/redirected).

If you are able to install / use, a different browser, maybe that might be helpful, in the interim.

Also, you might try the 'Full/Desktop' site instead of the Mobile site.

Mobile: https://www.pegym.com/forums/index.php?styleid=9
            Desktop: https://www.pegym.com/forums/index.php?styleid=11
            Dangler
            Senior Administrator
            ☼ Wizard ☼
            White Tiger Award 2015
            Last edited by Dangler; 12-22-2018, 08:53 AM.
            Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
            Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Whatever changes occurred in the last couple days of the site update and refresh fixed the pop up/redirect ad issue I was having on my iphone. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by WillGetBetter View Post
                Whatever changes occurred in the last couple days of the site update and refresh fixed the pop up/redirect ad issue I was having on my iphone. Cool!
                Same. I don't have that issue anymore!
                6/23/16 (Start)
                BPEL: 5 13/16" BEG: 5 3/4"
                3/31/22
                BPEL: 7 9/16" MEG: 5 9/16" BEG: 6 3/8"
                Monthly Goal - May 2022:
                BPEL: 7 3/4" MEG: 5 3/4"
                Full 2022 Year Goal on Profile Kik: Swimbarracuda

Comment

Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I can now sign on without getting a virus message
                    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Same here ,I've not been able to login for about two weeks
                      glad all is back to normal

Comment

Working...
                      X