Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION! Abbreviations, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation matter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE PAY ATTENTION! Abbreviations, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation matter!

It's time to up the grammar policy here. It's not something I wanted to have to do, but it's necessary for the longevity of the forum.

The reason for the change: The grammar has been getting worse and worse here, especially with the newer guys. The way I see it, if new members can't put in the time to spell properly and make readable posts (which only takes an extra 30 seconds to read over the post real quick), then how do they expect someone to put in the time to reply - and most often the case - answer their questions?

What's needed: We're not asking for Pulitzer Prize material here, just posts that are clear to read. This is a forum after all - where people come to communicate their ideas, experiences, and beliefs. Key word: communicate. If you keep "communicating properly" in mind when you write your posts, you'll be fine. If not, you're going to run into some problems. Not only will you aggravate the other users and risk getting banned, you're also liable to get your posts ignored.

Big No-No's:
    Avoid these at all costs:
    • Things that a non-native English speaking person wouldn't be able to understand (i.e. yo dawg, I bust that hoe in da chops, she moned rel good. . . she luv da D in da booty - no wut i sayin?) . . .No, I don't know what you're saying - and neither does anyone else.
    • "Chatspeak" (e.g. r for are, u for you, k for okay, c for see, n for in)
    • More non-real words (e.g. wots for whats, thx for thanks, plz for please)
    • Writing posts that other members have to read more than once to understand what is being said.
    • Not writing in actual sentences (you need periods, and you need to break up your text, or people can't understand where one thought ends and the other begins)

Things that you won't get hassled for, but still make YOU look bad:
    (Note these may change in the future, depending on much they are abused)
    • Capitalizing properly (e.g. i for I)
    • Spelling big words properly
    • Writing in huge blocks of text (e.g. not breaking up paragraphs)

Additional Tips:
    • If you have lots of paragraphs and text, try breaking it up into sections like this post.
    • Use bold, italics, and underline where applicable (but DON'T go overboard - as this is even more annoying)
    • We don't know who you are. Your posts are the only information we have to make a judgment call about you. If you write like a 10 year old, then, well, what does it make you look like? (An 18 year old that writes like a 10 year old, because you better be 18 if you're here.)
    Last edited by remek; 11-21-2011, 02:40 AM.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Yo mama's so fat she needs a watch on both arms because she covers two time zones.

What do you have when a lawyer is buried up to his neck in sand? Not enough sand.

Comment

Originally posted by JokesFunnn View Post
      What do you have when a lawyer is buried up to his neck in sand? Not enough sand.
      Uh...O.K. JokesFunn. This thread is NOT the place to post This. This belongs in "Sweety's Corner," in the thread, "A laugh for the forum." Next time, please, don't just pick a thread to post to. Please read the topic and see if your post is approprate. Thanks, JP

In fact, your time zone is Eniwetok, Kwajalein. This is where most of our spammers originate. Let me see you post again to prove that you are a legitimante member.
      JonPop
      Retired Sr. Administrator
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by JonPop; 04-16-2008, 12:23 PM.

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Originally posted by remek View Post
        • Things that a non-native English speaking person wouldn't be able to understand (i.e. yo dawg, I bust that hoe in da chops, she moned rel good. . . she luv da D in da booty - no wut i sayin?) . . .No, I don't know what you're saying - and either does anyone else.
        • "Chatspeak" (e.g. r for are, u for you, k for okay, c for see, n for in)
        • More non-real words (e.g. wots for whats, thx for thanks, plz for please)
        • Writing posts that other members have to read more than once to understand what is being said.
        • Not writing in actual sentences (you need periods, and you need to break up your text, or people can't understand where one thought ends and the other begins)
        • If you have lots of paragraphs and text, try breaking it up into sections like this post.
        • Use bold, italics, and underline where applicable (but DON'T go overboard - as this is even more annoying)
        • We don't know who you are. You posts are the only information we have to make a judgment call about you. If you write like a 10 year old, then, well, what does it make you look like? (An 18 year old that writes like a 10 year old, because you better be 18 if you're here.)
        Please fix the two words in bold so I can comprehend what you are saying.

Thank you.

Comment

Are you being a smart ass? You changed two words in the original post and inserted them in bold and then you have the nerve to tell remek to fix them so you can comprehend the sentence? What the hell are you trying to say? I think you are an idiot.
          JonPop
          Retired Sr. Administrator
          PEGym Hero
          Last edited by JonPop; 07-04-2009, 08:24 AM. Reason: Changed my post after rereading

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

I love the new policy Remek. I'm all for it.
            jayhawk11
            Last edited by jayhawk11; 06-30-2009, 11:12 PM. Reason: .
            Ol' McRemek had a Gym Eeee I Eeee I OOOooooo
            and at this Gym they stretched their dicks Eeee I Eeee I OOOooooo

https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theo...important.html

Comment

Originally posted by rolex5235 View Post
              Please fix the two words in bold so I can comprehend what you are saying.

Thank you.
              "Think before acting" is also something this forum advocates.
              Start:2008-10-4
              Reborn Alpha Male
              BPFSL (18")
              FG (10 cm )
              BPEL ( 23 cm)
              MEG (15 cm)
              ----
              EQ (~ 8)

Comment

Remek,

Thank you.

Clear concise communications are the backbone of human interaction. Keeping standards is good. Etiquette, form, function, rules of engagement at times is all we have left when dealing with others. Keeping these standards up prevents drama and miss communications.

When posting I use the spell checker (required down load) and found it easy and convenient.

Thanks again for your leadership in this area.
                Envy Of Men, Pleasure Of a Woman

Comment

KUDOS REMEK!!! One of the reasons I hung my hat in this forum is the clear, concise, and mature discussion. Mature meaning.......educated, intelligent discussion, as opposed to "adult content". I myself appreciate the effort the admins make in keeping grammar as well as subject matter pure. I take my PE serious and I've dedicated myself to success. Therefore , I'd appreciate you "less than serious" dabblers considering others before posting as if you were in some teen chat room. our Ball Coach used to say "We Play how we Practice", so let's strive to practice SUCCESS and Achievement of our goals in every aspect of our daily activities.
                  Again I want to give a Hardy Warm "THANK YOU" to all the admins and veterans out there for all the Help and assistance you've provided me for free. Your time and dedication as well as your generosity to share your experiences has helped me improve my life and I am truly "FOREVER GRATEFUL"!!
                  Dr. PhibbysHammer has not got 3 degrees from HARVARD, YALE and PRINCETON and is in no way LICENSED TO PRACTICE MEDICINE or PSYCHOLOGY. https://www.pegym.com/forums/success...hacts-phi.html

Comment

Originally posted by PhibbysHammer View Post
                    KUDOS REMEK!!! One of the reasons I hung my hat in this forum is the clear, concise, and mature discussion. Mature meaning.......educated, intelligent discussion, as opposed to "adult content". I myself appreciate the effort the admins make in keeping grammar as well as subject matter pure. I take my PE serious and I've dedicated myself to success. Therefore , I'd appreciate you "less than serious" dabblers considering others before posting as if you were in some teen chat room. our Ball Coach used to say "We Play how we Practice", so let's strive to practice SUCCESS and Achievement of our goals in every aspect of our daily activities.
                    Again I want to give a Hardy Warm "THANK YOU" to all the admins and veterans out there for all the Help and assistance you've provided me for free. Your time and dedication as well as your generosity to share your experiences has helped me improve my life and I am truly "FOREVER GRATEFUL"!!
                    PH, that's how I started with my intro to Gym members, expressing my appreciation for the work they have put into making all this information available free in a mature and wholesome format. Thanks for your post. Although there are many of us who are and/or will be eternally grateful for the efforts made by Remek and the great moderators on this site, it is important to express our gratitude with some regularity. I'm glad you spoke up.

Comment

I'm in though I'm often guilty, still trying. Pardon my poor way of communication but hopefully after a year or two I will harness my skill, but definitely a clear communication is needed and a proper grammar is a basic tool.Kudos and hats off
                      March 4, 2009 BPEL5.25xEG4.5
                      Short Tem Goal 6.5 x 5.5
                      Long Term Goal 7x6 NBPL:D
                      No specific target, no length and girth just a 100% EQ and a enjoyable session^^ but gains will be welcome :P

Comment

Im no English police type so i will settle just for English sherif, heeh! Seriously though if i can do it so can you. And i can only see out one eye.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy 8 View Post
                          PH, that's how I started with my intro to Gym members, expressing my appreciation for the work they have put into making all this information available free in a mature and wholesome format. Thanks for your post. Although there are many of us who are and/or will be eternally grateful for the efforts made by Remek and the great moderators on this site, it is important to express our gratitude with some regularity. I'm glad you spoke up.
                          Agreed my hat is off to all. It is quite a grand hat.

Comment

Do some of you have spell check built into your browser? I don't, so when I make a spelling error please forgive.
                            3/19/09: BPEL: 6" EG: 4.5" at largest part /noticable curve to left; baseball dick
                            5/19/09: BPEL: 6.5 EG: 4.5" at largest part/ mild curve to left; baseball dick
                            12/25/09: BPEL: 7" EG: 5" at largest part /no curve to left ; less baseball dick

Comment

Use Mozilla like banana have have suggested.. works on me BIG THANKS BANANA
                              March 4, 2009 BPEL5.25xEG4.5
                              Short Tem Goal 6.5 x 5.5
                              Long Term Goal 7x6 NBPL:D
                              No specific target, no length and girth just a 100% EQ and a enjoyable session^^ but gains will be welcome :P

Comment

Working...
                              X