Time to put this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to put this out

Some new members are writing very sloppy posts. We don't ask for perfection but, please make an effort to keep this forum neat.

A reminder for the membership.

This is just a reminder and a gentle chide:

Please re-read your post before submitting. Make any necessary corrections to spelling, punctuation or the quote feature BEFORE you hit "Post Reply."

This is NOT the AOL chat room. Using u for you, or ur for your is not acceptable.

There is a difference between their... (possessive) and there... (place). Your is not the same as You're. To is not the same as Too. Please capitalize "I" when refering to yourself. (Example)
    "i did 500 jelqs today and i got sore i think i'll only do 200 tomorrow" this looks dumb.

Believe it or not, you are judged by the way you write.

This forum is a great place to practice your writing. If you used the sloppy habits that a lot of the membership have fallen into in this forum, in the REAL business world, you would be thought of as uneducated.

We, the Moderator staff, have refrained from chastising members for sloppy posting, except in a few cases where the post is so jumbled that it is impossible to follow and comment on. Because of the sloppy posting lately, I wanted to remind everyone to try and post cleanly and yes, we Moderators are sometimes guilty of this also.

Going to ask this one more time. Please make an effort to keep this place professional. Thanks. JP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Thanks JonPop for pointing this out. It has also started to bug me a little.

Guys, good spelling, grammar, and punctuation makes reading your posts much easier and more pleasurable. It also makes it much easier to search and find the information you are looking for. If you misspell PenisMaster "Pensmaster", your post will not show up when someone does a search for that word. We are creating and adding to a great resource for our "trade." You can help by taking the time to follow JonPop's advice.

Thanks for helping us out in this regard!!!
    Iguana
    Last edited by Iguana; 05-19-2008, 11:22 PM.
    May 2006: 5.75" X 4.5" - Now: 7.44" X 4.875"

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Originally posted by JonPop View Post
      Some new members are writing very sloppy posts. We don't ask for perfection but, please make an effort to keep this forum neat.
      Very well said. We're not asking for Pulitzer Prize material. Just quickly read over your post and make sure you're effectively getting your point across.
      "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I for one am a bad speller, did i spell that right? The thing is i can not download the spell check. Perhaps im not the only one who is having this trouble. All the college english from bone head to university level English really has not help me much in the area of spelling. Im lazy i guess, years of speach therapy makes it hard to pronounce certain friticates and word particles. I tend to write the way things sound or the way i say it.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

O.K. Kingpole. This is a classic example of what I said about sometimes even the Moderators are guilty of this.
          Your post would have been much cleaner if you had capitalized your I's.

When I first started posting to a forum, it had been years since I had to write anything other than an occasional letter to one of my kids. My spelling was atrocious. I worked very hard to improve my vocabulary, punctuation AND my spelling.
          This, is like any other thing in your life that you are judged on. If you want to improve your spelling or any other thing, work on it. There is no doubt that you are intelligent, but people tend to overlook the content of a post and only focus on the boo boo's and tend to overlook what the writer is trying to convey. JMO

Comment

O.K. Kingpole. This is a classic example of what I said about sometimes even the Moderators are guilty of this.
            Your post would have been much cleaner if you had capitalized your I's.

When I first started posting to a forum, it had been years since I had to write anything other than an occasional letter to one of my kids. My spelling was atrocious. I worked very hard to improve my vocabulary, punctuation AND my spelling.
            This, is like any other thing in your life that you are judged on. If you want to improve your spelling or any other thing, work on it. There is no doubt that you are intelligent, but people tend to overlook the content of a post and only focus on the boo boo's and tend to overlook what the writer is trying to convey. JMO
            Im afraid your right about that one.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

As much as I love the grammar/spelling rules here and at Thunder's, it has to be said that some exceptions should be made. Kingpole, for example, as he said, has trouble spelling and can't download the Spellcheck. But his posts are usually readable; I've never had a problem understanding what he's trying to say. He's also really helpful, and that's what the bottom line is.

I'm just posting this because I want KP to understand that he is appreciated.

As a sidenote, as long as there isn't that super-obnoxious internet lingo which pollutes other forums, I'm a happy man.
              Physiological Indicators (the original post)
              :angel: Don't forget your KEGELS! :angel:

Comment

I will have to agree with C, just think of all the new words KP would have never came up with if Spellcheck actually worked? He is truly appreciated and I
                look forward to his next piece of work......HT

Comment

Guys, please understand, I was not dis-respecting Kingpole. My message was:
                  People just do not get a proper eduction in todays school system.
                  But yet, todays business world, demands proper English skills. I just feel that an open forum is a great place to practice these skills. And, it just makes this a better place if the posts are clean and show some effort.
                  I make every effort to write a clean post. I respect those of you that make the same effort. JP

Comment

Guys, please understand, I was not dis-respecting Kingpole. My message was:
                    People just do not get a proper eduction in todays school system.
                    But yet, todays business world, demands proper English skills. I just feel that an open forum is a great place to practice these skills. And, it just makes this a better place if the posts are clean and show some effort.
                    I make every effort to write a clean post. I respect those of you that make the same effort. JP
                    Oh yeah, JP, I knew you weren't disrespecting KingPole.

My post was actually kind of superfluous. I agree with everything you said above. The grammar rules are a must. I literally almost get an aneurysm reading comments on YouTube & stuff. It makes me despair.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Cernunnos View Post
                      Oh yeah, JP, I knew you weren't disrespecting KingPole.

My post was actually kind of superfluous. I agree with everything you said above. The grammar rules are a must. I literally almost get an aneurysm reading comments on YouTube & stuff. It makes me despair.

Cheers!
                      Hey. Whazzup wit the big woids. You tryin to make ol' JonnyPop look bad? I'll get my cousin Vito after you ass.

Comment

Hey. Whazzup wit the big woids. You tryin to make ol' JonnyPop look bad? I'll get my cousin Vito after you ass.
                        Haha, sorry. I got kind of big in my shoes there. I'll tone it down, in case instead of shoes I end up with concrete boots.

Comment

I think they're still working on a vaccination for the superfluous............

Comment

Originally posted by Hairtrigger View Post
                            Good.

They'd better hurry, I'm dyin' here!

Comment

Originally posted by Hairtrigger View Post
                              Actually they need an antidote. Superfluous is highly contagious.

Comment

Working...
                              X