Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribe Now

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to keep a track of the messages/threads on this site.

I posted a message a week ago on a thread (which I forgot about!) and only realised someone had responded to it when I accidently came across it again.

Maybe we need a tab at the top so when we log in we can get to those messages first and then post new ones. Something like a PEGYMTALK tab amongst the Forums | Groups | Photos task bar?

Is there a way I can automatically subscribe to all the threads I comment on without the need to go to My Account and check?
    "Todays preparation determines tomorrow's achievement."

Hi Jelq, no I always go through 'My Account' and 'User CP'. Only takes a second though.

Just in case you're using a different method, this is how I do it. Copied from another post of mine.

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
    The way I understand it, when you make a post on a thread, such as this one, you are automatically subscribed to it. So then if you go to your User CP (User Control Panel) the threads with new posts in them will be highlighted there in bold, ordered by the most recent post to the oldest post.

You can get to the your Control Panel by going to the top right of this page and clicking on My Account. You will see a drop down list with the following items:
    User CP
    My Posts
    My Threads
    Edit Your Details
    Edit Signature
    Edit Options
    Friends
    Subscribed Threads
    You can also use the last link there called Subscribed Threads.

When you log out, and log back in, your User CP will show only the threads that have been updated since you last left. The Subscribed Threads will show all of them from the beginning.

Comment

Thank you XitemeM.

If I go to Subscribed Threads. I get no threads in the boxes but if I go to My Posts. It shows me the threads which I have commented in. I think this works for me or what I was after.

Thanks!

Comment

Just go to your UserCP. All your subscribed threads will be there. And you are automatically subscribed to a thread once you post in it.
        pterodactyl

Currently on the Phallosan Forte

Comment

Jelq, it might be worth checking the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" options. It might be set to "Do not subscribe". Go to "My Account" and then "Edit Options". It's the fourth section there.

I've changed mine to "No email notification" because I was getting too many.

Comment

Jelq, it might be worth checking the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" options. It might be set to "Do not subscribe". Go to "My Account" and then "Edit Options". It's the fourth section there.

I've changed mine to "No email notification" because I was getting too many.
            Done that already. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pterodactyl View Post
              Just go to your UserCP. All your subscribed threads will be there. And you are automatically subscribed to a thread once you post in it.
              Well Im not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelq View Post
                Done that already. Thanks anyway.
                Oh. So what's it set to?

Comment

Oh. So what's it set to?
                  Do not subscribe

Comment

Originally posted by Jelq View Post
                    Do not subscribe
                    Lol. As Adam from Mythbusters would say "There's yer problem!"

If you change it to anything else, you'll automatically subscribe to threads you post in from then on, and your User CP and Subscribed Threads will work as explained above. I wasn't sure what the default setting is, maybe it's to not subscribe. I recommend changing it to "No email notification". You'll still subscribe to threads after posting, and your account will track them, but you won't get emails about it.

Comment

Lol. As Adam from Mythbusters would say "There's yer problem!"

If you change it to anything else, you'll automatically subscribe to threads you post in from then on, and your User CP and Subscribed Threads will work as explained above. I wasn't sure what the default setting is, maybe it's to not subscribe. I recommend changing it to "No email notification". You'll still subscribe to threads after posting, and your account will track them, but you won't get emails about it.
                      Thanks for the help mate Im just going to continue using My Posts for now. lol

Comment

O.K. Next, we'll try to teach you how to tie your shoes.

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Originally posted by JonPop View Post
                          O.K. Next, we'll try to teach you how to tie your shoes.
                          lol Hey were all here to learn.. you have to crawl before you can walk.

Comment

Working...
                          X