Likes and reps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likes and reps.

Do you guys like the likes? Personally I can't stand them. I mean they're really sappy and they remind me of Facebook which is another thing the internet gave us that I can't stand. I mean if people really have that much time on their hands they should get a job or clean a park or something. Hey spending time on here is better than that stuff. Well would you look at me; 3 sentences and I'm already off topic.
    Okay back to likes and reps. Okay so you guys like to "like' a post. To me it's just a way of saying hi or letting someone know that you read their posts. Okay I'll admit they have their place but I'm not too fond of them although I do tend to give them out. Now reps, that's a different story. We have some guys with great posts who deserve a rep but don't get them; they get a "like". Likes and reps are not the same. Reps carry power (sounds cool don't it?); likes are cute. So guys and gals remember when you see something good yes you can give them a "like" but don't forget those reps!

Now if any of you give me a like or a rep for this post I will turn your avatar into a toad! Oh we already got one of those? Okay then I'll turn you into a frog! Oh we got one of those too? Geez! Okay then I'll just turn your avatar into something really really ugly! Okay go have fun!
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Likes should be used for very interesting or humerous posts. Very helpful or informative posts deserve reps.
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Well, I got an assload of "likes" the past few days (on my game...) but reps would be nice too. I don't carry a lot of rep power I guess but I do admit I tend to give "like" rather than reps out...it has made me more choosey ...it has to be a really good post to rep...maybe positioning the rep and like near each other with a little explanation "map key" below on how their intended use is for.
      Started: 7 x 5
      Current: 8 inches x 6.25 inches (whole shaft)
      Goal 8.5 x 6.5

Pics. https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...8-56-46-1.html

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
        Likes should be used for very interesting or humerous posts. Very helpful or informative posts deserve reps.
        Yeah, explains why I don't have many likes, in my early 0-450 posts on this forum I was a lot in the beginners section trying to help people. You never get likes there...

Comment

Okay who's next? Anyone seen a little monkey running around?
          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I would not be upset if the like went away, but to be fair there should be a dislike button. Like the thumbs up or thumbs down or something. Also, if the likes were somehow tied to the reputation system I could appreciate it more.

I use to get repped for posts, but now I don't.
            PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

No, don't make likes a part of the rep system. People giving out the most likes would get the most rep then. Also, people making hillarious comments and non-serious comments would get the most likes instead of people actually typing the informative posts. I totally agree on the thumbs down thing, that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Thenewguy2 View Post
                No, don't make likes a part of the rep system. People giving out the most likes would get the most rep then. Also, people making hillarious comments and non-serious comments would get the most likes instead of people actually typing the informative posts. I totally agree on the thumbs down thing, that would be cool.
                Isn't it already like that?
                PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

I on the other hand enjoy the "LIKES". It lets me know someone read my post (as stated above) and it also makes me feel that when someone likes my post, I didn't waste my time writing and someone appreciates my words. :-)
                  Dick Whammy at your Cervix!

Yes, I've had my heart broken, but STILL got my dick. No one will ever take it away from me!

Comment

LOL poor CUSP "I want more reps!" Okay big guy here ya go
                    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

When repping someone has to put in why they are repping the person. Can something like that be done with with the like button?

How about a reminder of when to use like and when to give a rep. I believe the distinction is blurred for most people because I know that I am confused.

Comment

I have given out waaaaay more likes than the average bear (Yogie bear if anyone remembers).
                        Whatever, this is just my affectionate personality showin through. Believe me, if I don't like your comment, the best I'll do is nothing.
                        Draggin Trainer

Tikkun Olam

Comment

If cusp dislikes likes, why does he" like " so much? Like....that is totally unlikable....like for real.
                          Cause I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite :boxing::aikido:

Got nine lives...used six already!! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
                            LOL poor CUSP "I want more reps!" Okay big guy here ya go
                            I have fallen for this ploy as well.
                            Cause I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite :boxing::aikido:

Got nine lives...used six already!! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by camaro View Post
                              If cusp dislikes likes, why does he" like " so much? Like....that is totally unlikable....like for real.
                              what?
                              Draggin Trainer

Tikkun Olam

Comment

Working...
                              X