What's the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference?

Hello moderators, super moderators, administrators, wizards, and MrB8.

I am just curious, in light of recent promotions, about what the different titles actually mean. Could somebody please clue me in as to what the difference between a moderator and a super moderator is? I think I understand what an administrator does, but maybe I am wrong. I'm just curious about how the site functions, since I've started calling it home. Thanks to any of you who sheds some light on this. I figure others are probably curious too. They're just scared to ask because the administrators are giant scary people with large melee weapons, and they're not afraid to use them.
    The difference between a winner and loser is, I don't date losers.

Well, it's pretty much the same as most other forums.

Mods start with general care of the forums, and the responsibilities increase as the title goes up.

One thing is true for all, the best interest of the Gym is always at the heart of what we do, we work as a team, and fluidity is necessary.

Oh, and mods make coffee, admins get cookies, and supers control the ceiling fan speed.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
      Admin have more capabilities then moderators. they can fix and change things that mods can not. Name changes are one example of something that admin can do that we can not. Admin also makes sure that we mods do our job correctly. You all think we dont get are asses in a sling every so often but we do, you just dont see it.

Top dog is JonPop as Senior admin, then admins, super senior mod, senior mod and then mod. Editors are selected to make PEGym articles but do not have mod or admin privileges unless they are also an admin or a mod

Originally posted by donjelqer76 View Post
      It's basically a nomination process where mods will nominate new mods to join the team and have discussions on the nominees.
      Admins work the same way, where admins will nominate from the current pool of moderators.

Many things are looked at. Activity on the forum, quality of advice given, kindness to others, initiative and inventiveness, current reputation level and even the time of day they are online normally (it's nice to not have all mods "on the same shift"). Above all I think mods try to nominate those who they feel are genuinely good people in general.

If you look at it, this describes so many members here already, so those that really stand out in a few areas usually the ones who get nominated.
      A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

I think if your a wizard you watch multiple screens simultaneously to make sure all is well, if your MrB8 you need no screens you just use the force, if your admin you shout at the super mods for not making cookies quick enough and the mods, well we just look busy and hope no one notices. Hope that clears it up for you .
        "Those who know others have knowledge,
        those who know themselves have insight.
        Those who master others have force,
        those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by workin_4_it View Post
          Well, it's pretty much the same as most other forums.
          I rarely disagree with you, but there's a first time for everything...So far on PEGym I have not noticed that site staff scream, "Search Button Newb" at everyone.

Comment

Burty, you're a moderator now. Things couldn't be better. But based on your current avatar I just have to ask. What' eating you bro?

Edit: And thank you all for your replies. I feel educated.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrankencock View Post
              Burty, you're a moderator now. Things couldn't be better. But based on your current avatar I just have to ask. What' eating you bro?

Edit: And thank you all for your replies. I feel educated.
              My leg, it didn't go down too well.
              "Those who know others have knowledge,
              those who know themselves have insight.
              Those who master others have force,
              those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cHuHyi53qw

Comment

One of the jobs of Moderators is, to NOT scream "Search Button Newb"
                  We ask that they try to answer all questions or provide a link to help answer.
                  Don't try to compare us to any other forum. Thanks.

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Jp tells an admin to get his coffee, the admin tells a super mod who then orders a mod to do it.

Any mod directed to get the coffee now tells Burty to get it until another new mod is appointed.

That's pretty much how we roll and you would know that if you knew what a search button was newb.

Comment

JP. I can't compare PEGym.com to another site. There's no comparison.

Comment

I agree incomparable. I love this joint. I am glad to read this thread. I have asked this question so poorly several times and was incapable of drawing this top secret code from the staff, so thank you DFC for forcing them to illuminate this so well. I really do love this wonderful place, and these wonderful people. THANK YOU.
                        ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Hey BigO, thanks for that. I always knew it was the admins who were the cranky ones.

Comment

Jp tells an admin to get his coffee, the admin tells a super mod who then orders a mod to do it.

Any mod directed to get the coffee now tells Burty to get it until another new mod is appointed.

That's pretty much how we roll and you would know that if you knew what a search button was newb.
                            I'm on it!...

Oh, that was an example...

Stand down everyone...stand down. False alarm.

Comment

W4I, I made soy sauce and ginger pumpkin seeds this evening. I thought of you. I guess I'll just have to wait until next month to shower you guys (and gals) with gingerbread cookies.

Comment

Working...
                              X