Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height

I was just wondering, what would you women consider the perfect height for a man? What is a little too short and is there such a thing as too tall? Obviously this is only a minor part of attraction and I am by no means saying that it EXTREMELY important but I know I have heard from a lot of girls that taller men are attractive.

I know this is terrible, but I'm 6'2 barefoot but I wish I were 2 or 3 inches taller. I was on good pace to be 6'4 or 6'5 but I stopped growing right around when I turned 16 so I get slightly envious when I am around taller guys.

Just a bit curious on women's views on how important height is.

The perfect height for a man is the height of the man you love. Don't laugh -- I really believe this is true! But I understand that you are asking a more hypothetical question. Just as men have different preferences for various body types in their women, I think that different women prefer men of different sizes. Much has to do with the size of the woman, I think. In general, I think women prefer men who are taller than they are -- but I know women who are happily married and hopelessly in love with men that are shorter than they are. I also know that there is an upper limit for some women, they don't like guys who tower over them too much. It is very much a personal thing. I am a tall woman (5'8") and I have always preferred men in the 5'11" to 6'2" range. But I have happily dated men the same height that I am. Personality and chemistry are WAY more important than how tall a guy is.

If you are 6'2", you would probably be judged as damn near perfect height by most women. Taller than that and you might seem too big for some. I cannot imagine why you think you'd like to be 6'4" or 6'5". My dad was 6'5", and he had a hard time finding clothes that fit, couldn't sleep in half the hotel beds overseas, didn't fit in Economy plane seats very well, and had to pick cars based on whether or not his knees fit under the steering wheel. It was not fun.

Comment

I'm 6'0" which is average height over here. I'm still growing a bit and hope I reach 6'1" or 6'2" because the girls average over here is 5'8".

Comment

Originally posted by RyanV View Post
        I'm 6'0" which is average height over here. I'm still growing a bit and hope I reach 6'1" or 6'2" because the girls average over here is 5'8".
        Where is over here?

Average male height in the USof A is 5'8".
        Start 2009/06/24 bpel 5.5 eg 4.75
        2009/08/26 bpel 5.5 eg 5.25
        2010/01/05 bpel 6.12"
        2010/08/01 bpel 6.25
        Goal 7"

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
          The perfect height for a man is the height of the man you love. Don't laugh -- I really believe this is true! But I understand that you are asking a more hypothetical question. Just as men have different preferences for various body types in their women, I think that different women prefer men of different sizes. Much has to do with the size of the woman, I think. In general, I think women prefer men who are taller than they are -- but I know women who are happily married and hopelessly in love with men that are shorter than they are. I also know that there is an upper limit for some women, they don't like guys who tower over them too much. It is very much a personal thing. I am a tall woman (5'8") and I have always preferred men in the 5'11" to 6'2" range. But I have happily dated men the same height that I am. Personality and chemistry are WAY more important than how tall a guy is.

If you are 6'2", you would probably be judged as damn near perfect height by most women. Taller than that and you might seem too big for some. I cannot imagine why you think you'd like to be 6'4" or 6'5". My dad was 6'5", and he had a hard time finding clothes that fit, couldn't sleep in half the hotel beds overseas, didn't fit in Economy plane seats very well, and had to pick cars based on whether or not his knees fit under the steering wheel. It was not fun.
          Thanks for the response! I guess a lot of it stems from the fact that my dad is 6'4 so I guess there's some small innate jealousy in me for some strange reason. From what I looked online, 6'2 is the 92nd percentile for male height which is pretty tall. Also I've noticed that A LOT of peopl exaggerate their height by one, maybe even two inches. I've actually been measured at 6'2 and guys who are clearly an inch shorter than me have said that they are 6'3.

Comment

Originally posted by frb3 View Post
            Where is over here?

Average male height in the USof A is 5'8".
            In Holland, the people over here are TALL!
            My origin isn't Dutch by the way, thats why i'm only 6'0" I guess. Most guys are 6'2". I guess it's the diet and lifestyle.

Comment

Don't complain about your height dude... I'm 5'6". It's a bitch. Plus... the Titans suck
              Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
              Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
              Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
              http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I'm 6'2'' and I've never had any complaints about my stature. 6'2'', muscular build, CLOSE to a full head of hair and a big dick. For me, I've always liked petite women..........5'2'' to 5'4''.......as much as 5'6'' but that would be the cutoff for me. I've always like the idea of a big, strong, strapping man being paired up with a dainty little 5'2'' with a tiny waist line..........that's just me. And fortunately, this hot chick I'm talking too (a total MILF), is 5'3''. PEEEEEERRRRFFFEECCTTT!!!
                It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Isn't it great when you find someone who fits you just right?

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                    Don't complain about your height dude... I'm 5'6". It's a bitch. Plus... the Titans suck
                    CJ2K!

I think they will be good next year but that's getting off topic, haha.

Comment

Notice how they start to play well only after apologizing for stomping and snotting the towel?

Anyway, being too tall or too short can probably be a negative. Just strange being with a girl who's a lot taller than me, which is many of them.
                      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I don't mean to hijack this thread but....

Well, it's in the same vein anyway. I've noticed a huge recent surge in what women find appealing in a man. Maybe it's just the girls that I keep meeting, but I swear they all seem to be into the same thing (and they say it proudly, actually): skinny, sorta feminine men. I don't mean skinny like 100 lbs skinny, but not that muscular or athletic. I swear I am not making this up or exaggerating, 10 of my female friends have told me that this type of man is ideal to them. That's just...weird to me. I'm 6'3, 240 lbs and very muscular in an athletic bulk kind of way. Those same 10 girls have also told me that I come off as just "too big" and "scary".

I could care less really, I love my size (body wise) but it was just interesting to hear. I also understand that every woman is different.
                        RIB2211
                        Last edited by RIB2211; 02-18-2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Damn, I hope that's not the case! My natural size (When I'm in pretty good shape but not working out) is about 6'2 195-200 LBS, so even though I'm not fatI kind of have a more naturally stocky build even when I'm not muscular. I'll admit that right now I am slightly overweight, but I started working out again last month so I think that I can be back to a decent build by the Summer.

The best shape of my life was about a year and a half ago. I went on a backpacking trip in the mountains for 2 weeks. (not to mention that I prepared for the trip a long time before) After that I was well toned and about 183 LBS.

My experience with women has been lacking at best so I want to at least be able to locate my strong and weak points.

Comment

Well, some girls may go for a skinny feminine build in a guy, but I am not one of them, and I know plenty of girls/women who also like their guys athletic. Overweight, no. Muscular and strong, yes. I think that preferences like this are really a personal thing, but I can easily imagine it becoming trendy in cohort of girls at the same school or something. Girls are like that -- many feel the need to conform, and if their friends think skinny guys are attractive, they will decide they think the same thing. But keep in mind that these sorts of preferences are usually all about the hypothetical. A real actual guy is a different matter because -- gosh! -- he has personality, interests, humor, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RIB2211 View Post
                              I don't mean to hijack this thread but....

Well, it's in the same vein anyway. I've noticed a huge recent surge in what women find appealing in a man. Maybe it's just the girls that I keep meeting, but I swear they all seem to be into the same thing (and they say it proudly, actually): skinny, sorta feminine men. I don't mean skinny like 100 lbs skinny, but not that muscular or athletic. I swear I am not making this up or exaggerating, 10 of my female friends have told me that this type of man is ideal to them. That's just...weird to me. I'm 6'3, 240 lbs and very muscular in an athletic bulk kind of way. Those same 10 girls have also told me that I come off as just "too big" and "scary".

I could care less really, I love my size (body wise) but it was just interesting to hear. I also understand that every woman is different.
                              Actually hat is starting to trend out from an article i read over at TP's. It seesm tha the brauny types are coming back into popularity. Metro is waning a bit now.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Working...
                              X