Effects of Pill on Libido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects of Pill on Libido

Hi Ladies, my gf had an abortion around a year ago and she started taking the pill until recently. She decided to stop with the hope of feeling like before during sex since it seems the pill has reduced a lot how she feels on the bed (basically she feels nothing compared to before). Is this normal? Will she feel like before after several weeks without the pill? thanks!

Some contraceptive pills do have a notable effect on emotions. What specific pill is she taking? Have you researched the potential side effects?
    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

It's called Optilova, she has stopped for a couple of weeks but still not a lot of change

Comment

This is according to: https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/c...e-effects.html

Possible side effects include:

changes in mood, mood swings and depression
        breast pain or tenderness, breast enlargement
        fungal infections and cystitis
        migraine or headache
        feeling nauseous and vomiting
        stomach problems and diarrhoea
        irregular bleeding
        skin rash and acne
        hair loss
        changes in body weight
        high or low blood pressure
        changes in libido

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Thanks so in theory after stopping the pill she should gradually get back to normal? Or could it be psychological and not related to the pill? It's not just a bit, she says she cannot feel like before with me

Comment

Sometimes there can be mood swings after stopping a medication. Have you/she consulted with her doctor about this?

Comment

Yes, she had an appointment and the doctor said after her period she could stop taking the pill

Comment

I've been on many different pills, some have given me major headaches and others did take away my sex drive so they do change your hormonal balance.

I've found the mini pill has the least negative effects on myself.
                Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Thanks Tara, and after stopping the pill you recovered your sex drive after several weeks?

Comment

Yes, I think it was about six to eight weeks. But doctor did say it can take up to a year for hormones re-balance. I don't know if that's true.
                    Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

It's quite normal for women to experience change (decrease) in libido when using oral contraceptives. At the same time it reduces sensation in genitals and the strength of their orgasms. The ovaries are reduced in size during use of oral contraceptives, but do regain their normal size and function once the pill is stopped, but depending on the woman and her biological default settings it can take some time.
                      In my experience girls like the pill because it eases menstrual pain and makes period very predictable. The downside is that they don't get to learn all the other signals from their bodies, and they first experience their full sexuality when they dump the pill. In my neck of the woods an IUD with gestagen lasts for 5 years, costs the same as 5 years worth of the pill, reduces menstrual pain, as long as it is not related to endometriosis, and genereally stop the menstruation so there is maybe 2 or 3 small ones a year, giving a nice saving on hygiene products.

Comment

Thank you Tana and Martensite. So in theory after 2 months or so she should start feeling like before again, let's see what happens, even if it takes more time as long as it comes back to normal it's ok

Comment

Originally posted by darmo View Post
                          Thank you Tana and Martensite. So in theory after 2 months or so she should start feeling like before again, let's see what happens, even if it takes more time as long as it comes back to normal it's ok
                          Time fixes everything, except ligament tears, broken bones, heart disease, low self esteem and death... The hormones however will rebalance, and she will get used to them again.
                          Another fun-fact about the pill is, that it can give pain during orgasm. This bloody little piece of compressed hormones and calcium has so much negative influence on sex, that it should be advertised on the box:
                          "Do you feel, that your sexdrive is to high? Are your orgasms too good?
                          Try the pill, it fixes everything"
                          I am not against contraception, but, I think there are alternatives to the pill where user error is less likely and the side-effects less obvious

Comment

Thank you Martensite, I agree with you as well. It has been around 5 weeks since she stopped the pill (last time she took 3 weeks the pill as usual then stopped the 4th week, had her period and then didn't restart taking the pills). Is it normal that the period after stopping the pill will take longer to arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by darmo View Post
                              Thank you Martensite, I agree with you as well. It has been around 5 weeks since she stopped the pill (last time she took 3 weeks the pill as usual then stopped the 4th week, had her period and then didn't restart taking the pills). Is it normal that the period after stopping the pill will take longer to arrive?
                              It depends on how the cycle was before the pill. And how old you guys are. Young people tend to have more iregular cycles than people in their 30ies and 40ies.
                              I would give it a few months to see how the cycle works out. As long as it isn't shorter than 24 days or longer than 34 it is considered normal where I live.

Other things that can postpone the period is pregnancy!!!: I hear people talking about not being able to get pregnant for a while after taking the pill. All lies! Remember to use protection, and to use it correctly!
                              Basically, if it has been five weeks since her last period, she could be 4 weeks pregnant by now! So, if she used to have 4 weeks cycles before the pill and she's late, you should consider testing for pregnancy, especially if you had sex and did not use mechanical contraception. Condoms are by no means foolproof, and, if you are not used to using them the amount of user error means, that they are only 82-86% safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X