Post Hysterectomy Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Hysterectomy Sex

Do we have any ladies here whom have had hysterectomy to remove the uterus and cervix? If so how did your experience and perception of sex change afterwards? My wife just had a hysterectomy and is concerned that she will not enjoy sex as much afterwards, particularly since she enjoyed having the cervix pounded during sex and was a critical part of her orgasm. Ultimately we're going to figure out what works for her know but I'm curious if any of you has first hand experience to share.
    Initial Size 4.75 BPEL, 5 MEG in 2004
    Current Size 6.75 BPEL, 5.75 MEG
    Goal 8 NBPEL, so 8+ BPEL, 6.25 MEG - The size of the toy we most reliably use to get my wife off. I'd be happy to end up 7 BPEL and 6.25 MEG. Time and dedication will tell.

Originally posted by ToyEnvy View Post
    Do we have any ladies here whom have had hysterectomy to remove the uterus and cervix? If so how did your experience and perception of sex change afterwards? My wife just had a hysterectomy and is concerned that she will not enjoy sex as much afterwards, particularly since she enjoyed having the cervix pounded during sex and was a critical part of her orgasm. Ultimately we're going to figure out what works for her know but I'm curious if any of you has first hand experience to share.
    Sorry, can't help you with your question but just wanted to say I think you are going about it the right way. Figure out what works for her and adjust where needed. You might find she has more sensation now that the "problem" has been removed.
    Good Luck

Comment

Hi My Wife had hers taken out way back in 1999, now unlike you wife her cervix was not being hit, now if you think about with every thing above now gone it would have changed it if it was just left there.

So for my wife who could only wait 5 weeks of 6 she was told to wait before having sex, ours was in the kitchen with olive oil, but very slowly, she has been enjoying her sex life since and still is at 71, but for you its now a time to rekindle your sex life with her and find other ways to get her to orgasm, this link below may be of some help as Dr Betty Dodson is really helpful.

Hysterectomy | Betty Dodson with Carlin Ross

NOWHARD
      Last edited by NOWHARD; 01-15-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I know women who have had hysterectomies, removal of uterus and cervix, though not my ex wife or my partner, but women very close to me. There is a feeling of loss after the operation, and fears like your wife expressed, being unable to enjoy sex again. The biggest problem is dryness, vaginal dryness, so lots of lubrication. Also there is a possibility of bleeding after sex, the healing process takes time, it is an operation after all. So be patient and understanding. You seem to have those qualities. After the removal of the cervix the vagina actually ends up deeper, nothing to hit, deeply penetrating, the vagina won't shrink. Everyone is different so be adaptable.

So, allow enough time for healing, be patient, take it easy, and use lots of lubricant.

Comment

Glad to hear others have had a reasonable sex life. My wife had a hysterectomy 8 or 10 years ago. Here libido went from excellent to way below nothing. So post-hysterectomy sex is basically nonexistent. She never initiates sex and all the lube in the world doesn’t fix it.

sorry to be a downer..

Comment

Originally posted by Notgetinany View Post
            Glad to hear others have had a reasonable sex life. My wife had a hysterectomy 8 or 10 years ago. Here libido went from excellent to way below nothing. So post-hysterectomy sex is basically nonexistent. She never initiates sex and all the lube in the world doesn’t fix it.

sorry to be a downer..
            My wife already had a pretty low libido. When things are going well we have sex probably once or twice a month on average, but other times its much less. In our 3 year marriage there have been at least 4 times we've gone 3 months or more between sex. Its not what I'd choose but its where we are. My hope is that not being in constant pain and being on fewer meds might increase her sex drive, but regardless we'll figure it out.
            Initial Size 4.75 BPEL, 5 MEG in 2004
            Current Size 6.75 BPEL, 5.75 MEG
            Goal 8 NBPEL, so 8+ BPEL, 6.25 MEG - The size of the toy we most reliably use to get my wife off. I'd be happy to end up 7 BPEL and 6.25 MEG. Time and dedication will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by ToyEnvy View Post
              My wife already had a pretty low libido. When things are going well we have sex probably once or twice a month on average, but other times its much less. In our 3 year marriage there have been at least 4 times we've gone 3 months or more between sex. Its not what I'd choose but its where we are. My hope is that not being in constant pain and being on fewer meds might increase her sex drive, but regardless we'll figure it out.
              Good luck! I’d give my left nut to have sex twice a month!

Comment

Working...
              X