Actually noticed a guys shoes today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually noticed a guys shoes today

Over the years I've seen so many things talking about what women notice in men, and so often they say that oh yeah women really notice how a guy dresses, and what kind of shoes he's wearing etc.

I've always said I virtually never notice a guy's shoes. Tonight, I noticed a guys shoes.

I don't think I'd have been able NOT to, they were so overly shiny. And had a tortoise-shell pattern on them. From looking them up online when I got home I feel pretty confident in saying that they likely cost over $1000, and that's pretty much inline with everything else the guy was wearing. He was pretty buff and obviously worked out a lot, and the shirt that he was wearing was obviously custom-tailored to be body-hugging and show it off. Hair was styled, whole 9 yards. Absolutely, totally what all the articles and experts say is the type of look that women will see and think "yeah, there's a well-off guy who's got it together".

Do you know what I thought?

"Wow, that guy looks like he's really arrogant and egocentric. And spends way too much money and too much time caring about what people think about the way he looks."

I don't know about other women, but I'd much rather be with the guy with the muddy construction boots than the guy spending thousands of dollars to look like a magazine cover. I want a guy that comes across as real and genuine, not one that I know is presenting a carefully crafted facade.

Sorry for the rant, it just really struck me because it's something that the "experts" say that women really want and really look for and yet is totally wrong. Are there some women that will look at a guy like that and think "ooooh look at him"? Sure. But I'd question their motives. If you're interested in going after women that are just interested in the superficial then yea absolutely presenting them with something that's screamingly superficial is the way to go. If you're interested in a woman that's going care more about you and what kind of person you are than how much your clothing costs then really I wouldn't worry too much about what kind of shoes you're wearing.

Unless it's socks with sandals.

(oh yeah, Hi again. Apologies for any types or babbling, it's almost 3am and I'm desperately in need of sleep)

It's good to see your name!! I've missed you xoxo
    Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

And your right, theirs nothing sexy in a man looking like he's trying to hard to impress.
      Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Everything I wear is worn out and raggy.

I'm so appeeling!
        You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

What's wrong with socks and sandals?

Comment

Its all the skinny jeans/ tracksuits now, hard shoes with no socks, skin tight V neck t shirts, spice boy haircuts, spray tans. I actually walked out of a sports shop lately because every item I looked at was skinny fit! It is becoming more and more difficult to find standard fit clothes now. These days I run around mostly in shorts and T shirt unless I am heading out for dinner or night out.

I think there's a serious problem if a guy takes longer than his wife/ girlfriend to get ready.. even worse if they are fighting over hair products and the mirror lol

Comment

<sigh>
              Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
              Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Qandisa View Post
                Over the years I've seen so many things talking about what women notice in men, and so often they say that oh yeah women really notice how a guy dresses, and what kind of shoes he's wearing etc.

I've always said I virtually never notice a guy's shoes. Tonight, I noticed a guys shoes.

I don't think I'd have been able NOT to, they were so overly shiny. And had a tortoise-shell pattern on them. From looking them up online when I got home I feel pretty confident in saying that they likely cost over $1000, and that's pretty much inline with everything else the guy was wearing. He was pretty buff and obviously worked out a lot, and the shirt that he was wearing was obviously custom-tailored to be body-hugging and show it off. Hair was styled, whole 9 yards. Absolutely, totally what all the articles and experts say is the type of look that women will see and think "yeah, there's a well-off guy who's got it together".

Do you know what I thought?

"Wow, that guy looks like he's really arrogant and egocentric. And spends way too much money and too much time caring about what people think about the way he looks."

I don't know about other women, but I'd much rather be with the guy with the muddy construction boots than the guy spending thousands of dollars to look like a magazine cover. I want a guy that comes across as real and genuine, not one that I know is presenting a carefully crafted facade.

Sorry for the rant, it just really struck me because it's something that the "experts" say that women really want and really look for and yet is totally wrong. Are there some women that will look at a guy like that and think "ooooh look at him"? Sure. But I'd question their motives. If you're interested in going after women that are just interested in the superficial then yea absolutely presenting them with something that's screamingly superficial is the way to go. If you're interested in a woman that's going care more about you and what kind of person you are than how much your clothing costs then really I wouldn't worry too much about what kind of shoes you're wearing.

Unless it's socks with sandals.

(oh yeah, Hi again. Apologies for any types or babbling, it's almost 3am and I'm desperately in need of sleep)
                Originally posted by cotto007 View Post
                Its all the skinny jeans/ tracksuits now, hard shoes with no socks, skin tight V neck t shirts, spice boy haircuts, spray tans. I actually walked out of a sports shop lately because every item I looked at was skinny fit! It is becoming more and more difficult to find standard fit clothes now. These days I run around mostly in shorts and T shirt unless I am heading out for dinner or night out.

I think there's a serious problem if a guy takes longer than his wife/ girlfriend to get ready.. even worse if they are fighting over hair products and the mirror lol
                ^^^It's a "Metro-sexual" thing....

Comment

I'm the same way with women, if she's too "dolled" up i see her as high maintenance and uppity. Nope I'll take a cute girl in regular clothes every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                    It's good to see your name!! I've missed you xoxo
                    Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                    And your right, theirs nothing sexy in a man looking like he's trying to hard to impress.
                    Hi there!! Missed you too!

I think wanting to look nice is fantastic. I'm all for clean clothing and stuff that fits. But when I see a guy dressed like that my first thought isn't "ooh look he must make a lot of money! Wow that makes him so attractive!". My first thought it is "I don't want to be involved with a guy whose shoes are probably worth more than my car is right now".

Originally posted by cotto007 View Post

I have to admit I do like skinny jeans, but I always have. And I would much prefer skinny jeans over those ones that are baggy and barely staying up, or the ones that they intentionally buy 2 sizes too big and have them down at their hips barely being held up with a belt with their underwear showing.

As for how long it takes getting ready - personally I'm not much of one for it taking any significant amount of time for either gender. If it's a really, really special date then it might take me a while to get ready but that's generally a once or twice a year kind of thing. Usually it takes me 10-15min max to get ready and that's getting dressed, doing hair & makeup etc. The only time it takes my BF longer to get ready than me is if he's wearing his fancy PVC stuff, all those zippers and buckles can take a long time to get done up!

Originally posted by Portcitynt View Post
                    I'm the same way with women, if she's too "dolled" up i see her as high maintenance and uppity. Nope I'll take a cute girl in regular clothes every time.
                    Yep, that's exactly it. And regardless of if it's men or women I always get the feeling that they're just being so false.

Comment

I like women who clean up nice, but are still pretty without it. Call it "natural" beauty.

When I do "dress up", it'll be in my heavily starched and creased blue jeans, with a creased sleeve starched shirt, a cowboy hat, with a plain pair of Roper boots. Never had a problem getting attention that way, either.

Comment

I've spoken with a lot of university age women on this topic.

The consensus I get is that too much is just that, too much.
                        The women I talk to say that they look at a mans shoes as an indication of his character. Did he think about the shoes? Or are the shoes an afterthought.

One woman summed it up for me. She said it was not about how much money was spent on the shoes, but more how appropriate they were. If a guy is wearing sneakers with a suit, he had better be a famous singer. Like you she mentioned work boots. If a guy was wearing fancy shoes or sandals to a work site he was probably a moron.
                        03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                        Thread
                        12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

I think it was made worse by the fact that this guy was your stereotypical MLM salesman type of guy, trying to be very slick and show off how he can obviously afford to spend money on all this stuff because of the fabulous business opportunity that he can sell you (and all your friends!) on. It wasn't just hey I'm here for a business meeting, or for a date, it was a look that you could tell he'd carefully put together because he wanted to impress/wow people. I mean shoes do NOT get that shiny without serious effort, you could have used them as mirrors. And it totally, totally rubbed me the wrong way, all I could think was that it looked so contrived and fake and how I wanted to get as far away from the guy as possible.

Comment

What did his sideburns look like?
                            Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              What's wrong with socks and sandals?
                              Everything Pegagus, everything.
                              09-03-2016: BPEL: 6.5 EG: 5.0
                              04-16-2019: BPEL: 7.1 MEG: 5.19
                              03-29-2020: BPEL: 7.36 MEG: 5.39

No person is worth wanting to hurt yourself over, neither is the size of your penis.

Comment

Working...
                              X