3rd wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd wave

I have heard online about 3rd wave feminism which is supposed to be positive and inclusive .
    In the real world ,radio ,TV etc anytime feminism comes up it is the same old 2nd wave slap a guy around for opening a door for you type stuff .

So my questions does 3rd wave feminism actually exist? If so what are it's accomplishments ?

Also could you explain a bit more about it ?

Omg this 3rd wave fem movement seems to have come and gone before i know what it is .

For those like me trying to catch up this from wiki
    Walker sought to establish that third-wave feminism was not just a reaction, but a movement in itself, because the feminist cause had more work ahead. The term intersectionality—to describe the idea that women experience "layers of oppression" caused, for example, by gender, race and class—had been introduced by Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw in 1989, and it was during the third wave that the concept flourished.[10] As feminists came online in the late 1990s and early 2000s and reached a global audience with blogs and e-zines, they broadened their goals, focusing on abolishing gender-role stereotypes and expanding feminism to include women with diverse racial and cultural identities.[11][12]
    The third wave saw the emergence of new feminist currents and theories, such as intersectionality, womanism (within black feminism), sex positivity, vegetarian ecofeminism, transfeminism, and postmodern feminism.

Comment

There is now 4th wave feminism. Been around for years first i heard of it was 5 minutes ago.
      Mind you I only heard of 3rd wave fem a few months ago and it seems it was finished years before that.

Anyhow i am told 4th wave is associated with metoo movement and ban page 3 movement .

Comment

Feminism. Equality for women... when it suits them.
        Starting size (Dec 2016):
        7 inch BPEL
        4.5 inch Girth

Current size:
        8 inch BPEL
        5 inch Girth

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 8" x 5" View Post
          Feminism. Equality for women... when it suits them.
          I noticed the 2nd wave fem seemed to want me to pay for dinner type stuff if that is what you mean Chris. Don't know what the modern expression might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
            I noticed the 2nd wave fem seemed to want me to pay for dinner type stuff if that is what you mean Chris. Don't know what the modern expression might be.
            Yeah that's been my experience. Equality... but with special treatment attached.
            Feminists still want to be wined, dined, have their man buy them spontenous gifts, want a man to spoil them, be romantic, treat them like a princess, ladies first etc etc...
            Don't often hear about feminists wanting to do the same for their men, and yet they demand 'equality'. The hypocrisy is staggering.

So more and more men decide to walk away... MGTOW... but the feminists are still not happy. They then go after these guys trying to shame them and tell them to 'be a man'... Feminists are never satisfied. It's not equality they desire, it's superiority.

Makes me laugh the way feminists react to the modern sex dolls on the market. They are horrified, they say it is objectifying women as merely sex objects. And yet they are happy to objectify men all the time. Total double standards.
            I mean, sex dolls are considered objectifying, and yet feminists don't have a problem replacing men with dildos and vibrators. Us guys are living humans, with emotions, needs, desires, passions, hopes and fears, just like women. And they reduce all that to a plastic dildo. I guess if male sex dolls were available, then that would be fine for them. But a man wanting a female sex doll, well that's considered degrading and disgusting. What a joke...

I have always treated the girl I am with like a queen. But... she damn well better treat me like a king.
            Starting size (Dec 2016):
            7 inch BPEL
            4.5 inch Girth

Current size:
            8 inch BPEL
            5 inch Girth

Comment

UM ok .
              Male sex dolls are available and some women do use them . Tend to be just torso and dick.

I had some similar issues back in the day but was told that 3rd wave fem addressed these issues modern fem is different and so on. I have not been in the dating game for 10 y and am happily married so i wondered what the current expression of fem might be with younger people .

In regard to objectifying there are a lot of men that do that with the physical side of women and a lot of women that do that with money/status with men .
              Conclusion lot of shallow people out there . I get what you say about hypocrisy most men will admit to the body thing women into money/status tend to deny it.

Comment

I'm 100% for equality, but it has to be equality. Seems a lot of people who identify as feminist these days don't want to be treated as equals...they want both special treatment and/or to knock men down as "justice" for being mistreated in the past. Yes, treating women as second-rate is totally wrong, and we have made great strides over past years to fix/correct this, at least in North America. There's also still room for more/things aren't really equal yet, but that said, there is no reason for men to be now treated as second-rate in order to "get back at them". That doesn't bring equality...that just brings more inequality on the other end of the scale.

I still remember reading one article someone posted on Facebook about women in science. Basically it stated that the sciences are still largely dominated by male professors/scientists, and this needs to change. Now here comes the scary part....rather than stating we need to find ways to draw more interest in sciences to women trying to decide on a career path, we should just fire at least 50% of the male scientists and faculty to fix the scales. Didn't matter what they were doing or how good they were at their job...they should be fired just to even the scales. A lot of people seemed to agree with this on the post, yet all I could think is reverse the genders, and see how many heads would roll.

Another example I've seen first hand involves hiring. Years back I was involved in a few interview committees, and in a nutshell, we needed to fill an entry level position. Of the applicants we interviewed, there were around 5 guys and 1 girl. Of them, around 1 guy was great (skills, past work, how they interviewed, etc), and the girl was ok, but lacking in skills and experience in the field. To me, it seemed a simple decision as the one guy met all the criteria we needed and then some, but most of the committee wanted the girl, as it would help bring "balance" to the team, and she could probably pick up any skills needed over time. Again, this dumbfounded me, as reservse the genders, and HR would have a field day. Don't get me wrong...if both were equal in skill then sure, hire the one that brings "balance", but when one is clearly going to be better at the job at hand, why does gender swing it the other way?
                Original/Current Stats:
                2014-09-01: BPEL 6.8"/NBPEL 6" MEG 5.0", BPFL 5"/NBPFL 4" FG 4.4"
                2019-03-16: BPEL 8"/NBPEL 6.75" MEG 5.2", BPFL 6.75"/NBPFL 5.5" FG 4.5"

Goals:
                Realistic: BPEL 8.5"/NBPEL 7.5" MEG 5.5"
                Optimistic: BPEL 9"/NBPEL 8" MEG 5.75"
                Dream: BPEL 10"/NBPEL 9" MEG 6.5"

Comment

There was actually a case brought to court in aussie where the girl was hired and the guy brought action against the company.
                  The court found the guy was more skilled but because it was slight upheld the hire of the woman .
                  This was a high end job btw .

Anyway this thread has not gone the way i intended . Seems most onsite believe feminism now or then 2nd ,3rd or 4th wave is not inclusive yada yada .

Comment

Oh my, where do I start?

Feminism is very similar to social justice in the sense that they're both actually good things (gender equality and justice for all), but it's the way people go about them that make it so cancerous and worthy of mockery. For one thing, all these feminist websites and pages on Facebook never actually seem to strive for equality but to nitpick every little thing men do and completely demonize them as a whole. They've even invented these terms that have somehow become socially acceptable like mansplaining, manterrupting, and manspreading. The first two words apparently mean when a man explains something in a condescending manner or talks over a woman. Which is ridiculous because I cannot tell you how many times I personally have been verbally patronized by female colleagues and have been interrupted by them, except I don't refer to it as "womansplaining", I just call it simply being rude which is not exclusive to one gender. As for "manspreading", that is supposed to be when a man publicly sits with his legs open to give oxygen to their testicles, which is now a violation on public transportation in some other countries because of all these anti-male millennial ladies going off the hook about it. I can only trust that they also penalize women for putting their purse on a second seat?

Even some more radical feminist pages on twitter created a #killallmen hashtag, which was allegedly intended to be humorous or something. God forbid it was vice versa, or left-wing medias and these "me too" movements would have a field day.

Another fundamental issue concerning these 3rd and 4th wave movements is how hard it is now to prove that women have institutional obstacles stacked against them, that is if it's victim and oppression points they're striving for. The wage gap has been debunked by economics professors everywhere, abortion is legal, females are given equal career opportunities, etc. Most of the issues females face happen on an individual basis as opposed to a systematic one.

Comment

Where I am in the Deep South of the US feminism is hard to define.

How do you define it?

I know many women who don't want to have a career they would rather raise children and do other things. I find it funny that many of these women have college degrees. I'm sure the parents spent a bunch of time and money to get their little girl a degree then she said, "I don't really want a corporate job." LOL.

Historically in my area going way back to the plantation days, these ladies ran the houses and it wasn't a good idea to piss them off. Wasn't like they would physically attack you but they could end you socially quickly and destroy whatever you did for a living. Is that considered feminism?
                      7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
                      8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
                      8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
                      8 X 6 goal
                      8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

Working...
                      X