Why Women Actually Need Twice As Much Sex As Men Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Women Actually Need Twice As Much Sex As Men Article

I found this online and have gotta say, I believe its true. More sex I have, more I need and crave... please give me your thoughts.

=============================
    Why Women Actually Need Twice As Much Sex As Men
    By Dr. Stephanie Estima
    April 19th 2018

There is also a common misconception that men want sex more than women.

This is completely untrue and I’ll explain the science behind why in this article.

I’m going to simplify the neuroscience to give you an understanding how your brain works, how the opposite sex’s brain works, and how to use this understanding to enhance your relationships.

The Male Vs. Female Brain

One of the amazing things about our brain is the left and right sides of our brain function quite differently.

THE LEFT (MALE) BRAIN

The left side of our brain is very mechanistic, it is very task-oriented, very strategic, very mathematical, linear. This is what is referred to as the “male” brain. Of course I’m NOT saying that women can’t be strategic and mathematical and linear, but these attributes tend to be more male in nature.

The left brain is where a neurotransmitter called dopamine lives. Dopamine is where your motivation comes from. Remember that feeling when you checked off that item on your to do list? Or when someone likes your post on Instagram? That’s dopamine in action.

In other words, when you engage in behaviour that raises your dopamine levels, you are more likely to engage in that activity again to get the same dopamine hit, and rush of good feelings in the brain.

When you have high motivation, you can stay engaged, passionate, and motivated to complete tasks. What’s cool about Dopamine, is YOU can raise YOUR own levels of Dopamine.

THE RIGHT (FEMALE) BRAIN

The right brain is more sensual. It’s more creative. It’s emotional. It’s passion. This tends to be more of what we call the “female” brain, and again, men can be sensual and passionate, but these are more feminine traits.

This is where serotonin lives, our happy hormone. Serotonin is a right brain neurotransmitter, and the difference here and the key:

You can NOT raise your own levels of serotonin. Serotonin is raised EXTERNALLY. It is elevated by positive feedback from our loved ones, our work, and sex. This is important to understand because Serotonin levels increase Dopamine levels

So, the more positive feedback we get from our external environment through praise and appreciation, the more motivated we are to continue engaging in the activity that produced the praise.

Your partner, in the context of your relationship, raises YOUR levels of serotonin. So you receive positive feedback from your partner, that elevates your levels of serotonin, and in turn, that will raise your levels of dopamine.

NOW HERE’S THE MIND-BLOWING PART…

Even though females tend to be more right-brained in nature, men have 50% MORE serotonin receptors than women do. So what does that mean in the context of relationships?

Women need twice as much love and affection to achieve similar levels of happiness as men. Women need twice as much love and affection in order to have the same levels of serotonin and dopamine.

Women need twice as much positive reinforcement from our external environment than men do in order to drive the same amount of motivation in dopamine activity.

Women need more encouragement along the way to elicit the same neurochemical cascade..If she doesn’t get the positive reinforcement from her environment, her serotonin levels will drop, and eventually so will her dopamine.

The Serotonin Dopamine Dance
    As I mentioned before, when serotonin levels go up, it will drive higher levels of dopamine.

A Positive Example of the Serotonin and Dopamine Dance:

I receive a lot of positive feedback (serotonin) from my clinical practice because patients constantly tell me what a difference I have made in their lives. I have athletes able to reach new PRs, dads are able to play with their kids again, women saying their headaches are gone and they’ve never been this energetic and happy.

I often say to myself, I can’t wait until tomorrow when I can do this all over again!

What is really happening in this positive feedback loop is I get a serotonergic boost from my external environment, which drives up my motivation (dopamine) so I am eager to continue to be a better doctor and to continue to serve. In other words, when your serotonin is up, it drives your dopamine levels up, too.

This is neuro utopia because my efforts and the outcome are aligned.

LET’S TALK ABOUT SEX, BABY.

So…what is a regular sex life? Data suggests two to three times a week minimum. So in the context of males and females, who needs the sex more?

Women REQUIRE positive feedback from our partner in order to increase those serotonergic pathways in the brain, and therefore increase our dopamine levels. And isn’t sex the most raw, the most intimate way that we can communicate and connect with our partners?

This is where intimacy happens, connection, trust, bonding.

If a woman feels nourished and loved and cared for and honored, she is going to chase that sex like the animal that she is because she wants to get that serotonergic burst in her brain, and she’s going to be motivated to be the best.

Now I know that may be difficult for some to digest, but recognizing health is an active process, and for the female, her health a direct reflection of her relationship with her partner.
    closed291
    Retired Moderator
    PEGym Hero
    Member of the Month June 2016
    Last edited by closed291; 05-24-2019, 11:36 AM. Reason: Separate the OP's comment from the article and added the article's information
    Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Considering that the article doesn't have scientific references, my skeptical sense is tingling.

Addendum: I stand corrected...I found the online article and the author Dr. Stephanie Estima embedded the science links in the article.
    closed291
    Retired Moderator
    PEGym Hero
    Member of the Month June 2016
    Last edited by closed291; 05-24-2019, 11:35 AM.
    How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change.” - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

Comment

Sorry UJ I cut alot of the science lol

I never thought to say where it was from!
      Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
        Sorry UJ I cut alot of the science lol

I never thought to say where it was from!
        It's kosher...I went ahead and added the title and author of the article, added a divider to separate your beginning comments plus changed the name of the thread to reflect the article.
        How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change.” - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

Comment

I would have to say I agree, my Mrs “Needs” it more often, especially as she’s aged. She’d never admit it, I think mostly because she sees it as a weakness, desire. It also elevates me, she has low self asteem and our marriage has always been some type of compétion because of it. To bad, it keeps her distant from me, we’ve never been soul mates. LOL, more like friends with benefits. But the sex is great, she’s amazing. And I’d agree that sex is our bond together. If we don’t frack often she starts having sleeping orgasms. The girlie is home for a few weeks so I’ll just have to get used to her writhing without my involvement. Oh, well. The price you pay for being with a Super hyper multi orgasmic woman. The opposite kinda a gal who can’t get there would be worse.
          A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Back in the real world women turn down sex on a regular basis .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              Back in the real world women turn down sex on a regular basis .
              IDK. Sounds like the real world sucks. At least for you. I think I’ll stay in ours.
              A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                IDK. Sounds like the real world sucks. At least for you. I think I’ll stay in ours.
                The one were every man gets twice as much sex as he wants ?
                Lot of guys out there trying to join you for most it will remain a fanatasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                  The one were every man gets twice as much sex as he wants ?
                  Lot of guys out there trying to join you for most it will remain a fanatasy.
                  Oh, IDK. It was a fantasy for me for a long time too. My fault btw, My Pre E kept her from reaching her best. My smaller size at the time to perhaps. Just glad to be there for her now. I know now I disappointed her for so long. No longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                    Oh, IDK. It was a fantasy for me for a long time too. My fault btw, My Pre E kept her from reaching her best. My smaller size at the time to perhaps. Just glad to be there for her now. I know now I disappointed her for so long. No longer.
                    Uhuh well start a thread on how other guys can get this too . Doubtless it will get lots of reads .
                    It will put pua out of business too and all will be well with the world.

Comment

My wife loves sex, craves it at times and the next day holds her hand up and says I don't need to be taken are off. That portion I don't understand, but she always takes care of me. She simply doesn't need it as often. Haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet, but the search continues. So, a skeptic on this article and premise.

Comment

Wife was a sex machine,could go all day.My little dick wasn`t enough for her so she "explored" the dicks of the known world.Eventually left me
                        jockcocky
                        Last edited by jockcocky; 05-28-2019, 09:41 AM.
                        Want a bigger penis..

Comment

Well for years I got sex twice a day sometimes thrice a day. Could say I could easy got more times than that with time permitting.

I think about sex alot, want it, crave it, need it, alot. I must be lacking in one of the rewarding hormones

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                            Well for years I got sex twice a day sometimes thrice a day. Could say I could easy got more times than that with time permitting.

I think about sex alot, want it, crave it, need it, alot. I must be lacking in one of the rewarding hormones
                            Sex is awesome. Nothing wrong with needing it. I could happily have sex all day if I didn't have things to do.
                            Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
                            Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

Comment

Originally posted by jockcocky View Post
                              Not a cuck, "but" !
                              There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Comment

Working...
                              X