Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Body Type Do Women Want? (Article Included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Body Type Do Women Want? (Article Included)

There's been a bit of debate in other threads about which male body type the majority of women seem to prefer and I came across a pretty comprehensive article discussing the issue, it shows preferences based on musculature, fat levels, etc., and I thought it was pretty interesting. I don't think it will come as a surprise to many here that the Brad Pitt Fight Club look is most preferred b/c guys here seem to have a better handle on body image issues than the general public. Basically just look lean and strong, without looking like you obsess over your appearance or look unnatural and you'll be in the ideal range for women.

Foxhound Studio

I thought it was interesting that the "Male Choice" at the very bottom right of the article didn't even really register on the female radar. I think the guy looks pretty good without crossing over into the "steroidal" look, but apparently women are not that into it.
    Starting as of 2/1/11: 6.4 BPEL x 4.8 MSEG (5.6 NBPEL)
    Just hoping to put together one full month of actually sticking to a routine and go from there.
    My goals mainly revolve around developing high EQ erections that last during sex.

Looks like I will have to lose some bodyfat and some muscle too.

Comment

Kind of made me feel shitty as a skinny guy. Well not "emaciated" as they are calling it but fast metabolism. I lift weights and look a lot better from it, but still .. meh. Can't be perfect I guess.

Comment

I don't know why it would make you feel worse about yourself bored, I think it actually sheds scrawny guys in a slightly better light than I had previously thought. In the very first comparison the super skinny guy is actually more preferred than the super ripped one! And look at lesson 6, somehow nearly 10% of women actually preferred super emaciated Christian Bale and another 10% were indifferent (assuming their boyfriend naturally looked like that).

FWIW, I'm in the same boat too, I'm 5'11" and was always around 140 lbs. in my early 20s, then I worked hard for a year to get to 155, and now I'm working out 3x a week and eating everything in sight and hope to settle at about 175 and fairly lean. Yah it stinks being a so called "hard gainer" but I think if you're active and in good shape and can maybe add a bit of a muscle it shouldn't be seen as a negative at all.
        Just hoping to put together one full month of actually sticking to a routine and go from there.
        My goals mainly revolve around developing high EQ erections that last during sex.

Comment

The truth is ,in a shirt they could probably not tell most of those guys apart. Allways been very leary of what women say vs what they do . Daley Thompson was voted sexist man at one time and he was world decathlon champ and well muscled. Have not noticed guys with Zane style bods having trouble picking up women ,quite the opposite. Show a woman a photo of a bodybuilder on stage and she will go yuck, same guy walking down the street yum. Then she will try and say he is a lot smaller now, where in reality he is 30 lb heavier and biger.

Comment

Yah, that's a good point Peg. I think it could also be that for every Zane style body there are 20 Brad Pitt type bodies running around b/c they're a lot easier to attain, so maybe you might have 20 women that prefer the Brad Pitt type compared to 5 who like Zane, but that still leaves 5 women chasing after Zane compared to 1 for each of the Pitts.

Comment

I used to care about stuff like this a few years ago. I was like, Oh no, I don't look like this, I gotta hit the gym quick cause the Media says so. Now I don't even pay attention to what women want. I drink beer, smoke green, have a chubby belly and don't give a damn how I look. I do what makes me happy. I respect weightlifters and people who put in work to get in shape, but me personally, I aint into all that now. There's more important things to me in life.

Comment

Interesting. Similar 'studies' like this show up time and time again. Personally, being an amateur (natural) bodybuilder with the ambition of stepping on stage once I think it is a flawed mindset as a guy to workout purely to 'attract' women since this puts all the power into the women. Make getting in shape a journey in itself where you value the challenge you go through in the gym time and time again. In addition to this however, I think there is nothing wrong with working out for aesthetic kicks - so to say.

Honestly, from my personal experience and from what I've observed most girls say that they don't want a very muscular and 'ripped' guy. That is, untill they come across one. I mean let's face it, no homo here but well defined muscular lines on either a man's body or woman's body tend to fascinate us (Im not talking about Schwarzenegger style here). Why? because you rarely see it. It's been proven numerous times that women instinctively fall for guys with a strong V-shape, broad shoulder, tight glutes etc. Now that doesn't mean that ALL women like those kind of guys, thank god not because we all prefer different things. I'm just saying that though the majority, judging from a picture, might prefer A or B whereas in real life, everything changes completely because it's ingrained in their DNA and culture (think of all the media attention regarding 'beautiful' slim male and female bodies). The notion of culture, or social conditioning here, is important because we all know about certain cultures where people actually prefer 'obese' women for example. That is the cultural conditioning, but that doesn't mean that if the guys see a slim cute full breasted woman walking on the beach they aren't intriguiged or attracted. Similarly, some girls might 'prefer' a somewhat more skinny guy, or more 'fat', but once they see a 'greek statue' walking down the beach, you bet you're ass they are at the very least 'fascinated'.

Personally, this is the goal Im striving for and Ill probably get there - or very close- in a year or 4. I'm confident that its very attractive to girls, but that's not my main motivation, nor should it be

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9137/zupergoal.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                Starting size (20-09-2011)
                6.3 BPEL 4.7EG
                Current size (06-12-2011):
                6.7 BPEL 4.8EG (+.4" EL / +.1" EG)
                Intermediate Goal (deadline 31-2012):
                7BPEL 5.5EG (+.7"EL / +.8" EG)
                Ultimate Goal (deadline 31-2015):
                8BPEL 5,5+ EG (+1.7"EL / +.8"EG)

Comment

Still say, in a loose shirt, most women couldn't tell the diffwerence between Pitts body and Zane's , let alone in a suit or whatever. But who knows really there might be some general point to tkae from this and that is that guys want to be biger tham women really want them probably partly to impress other men and women want to be thiner than men want them to impress other women.

Comment

Is there such a thing as a natural bodybuilder? Allways been a fan of the Zane style bod, but he was not lifetime natural.

Comment

So, 96% of women want a good body. Only 1.1% of women claim that they really don’t care. If you’re fat or emaciated you can certainly win a girl over based on a myriad of other attributes and have a wonderful relationship despite of it… but only 1.1-3% of women won’t have cared at all about it when selecting you.
                      I said that in another thread, but whatever LOL! Only guys care about being big and "chicken leg" blah blah. Women aren't looking at that. They just want a lean, somewhat defined physique. In a shirt you can't tell anyway and her mind runs wild, so even if you're just a normal looking guy under the clothes, you'll attract more attention.

and being skinny is preferred over being fat... that's my observation and apparently the observation of this survey. Clothes on, the "emaciated" skinny guy will get more attention than the fat guy. Both, the super fit ripped guy and the bulky guy, will attract their attention until the bulky guy gets too bulky. women are turned off by too much muscle.

Either way, if you want to be Big and bulky do it for you, just like if you want a 10" wang, Do it for you! if you fall in the category of "skinny to normal-fit" you'll be attractive... fatter guys, we gotta come down to be "attractive"

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                        Is there such a thing as a natural bodybuilder? Allways been a fan of the Zane style bod, but he was not lifetime natural.

Yes ofcourse! Strict eatingschedules, workout schedules (based on a solid methodology) and a good mental attitude towards nutrition and working out combined with patience can lead to fantastic results. The physique I posted above for someone with average genetics and these above mentioned qualities will certainly be able to achieve this sort of physique, though the time frame varies from 3 to 8 years I would say.

Most people automatically assume that if someone is athletic he uses steroids or whatever which is such a shame. I guess this has to do with the fact that most people don't even have the mental strength and self discipline to workout at least 100times or skip a cig or burger, so they assume that because 'they can't do it 'naturally'- nobody else can' which is total bull.

Honestly, Im not sure whether or not Zane used, I wouldn't be surprised though since most guys at that time started using but I could be wrong.
                        Starting size (20-09-2011)
                        6.3 BPEL 4.7EG
                        Current size (06-12-2011):
                        6.7 BPEL 4.8EG (+.4" EL / +.1" EG)
                        Intermediate Goal (deadline 31-2012):
                        7BPEL 5.5EG (+.7"EL / +.8" EG)
                        Ultimate Goal (deadline 31-2015):
                        8BPEL 5,5+ EG (+1.7"EL / +.8"EG)

Comment

Getting back to the title question of this thread, I can sum it up in one word for me: fit.

Comment

It scares me that the are many threas about women preferes. Cock size, body, job etc.
                            Do what you want to do and feel comfortable.

I bodybuild, but that's because I did it when I played soccer and I've enjoyed it since. I don't do it for women.
                            If you want the truth, here it is:
                            Women want self-secure men. Not men want to change everything to please women.
                            Log
                            Measurements (Current):
                            BPEL: 7.25"
                            HG: ~6.25"|MEG:6.25"|Low shaft EG:6.5"|BG: 7"

Comment

I've changed my diet and I'm cutting then bulking but at the same time I don't want to be 'huge', I would rather be biggish and lean but at the same time I'm more of a mesomorph so I have a big chest and shoulders naturally so it will take some fine tuning for me to figure out what is right for me. I'm about about 5'11 180lbs at the moment, going to cut to 174lbs and then bulk to 183lbs and go from there!
                              Current Stats

FL: 3.75"
                              FG: 3.5"
                              SFL: 5.5"

NBEL: 6.5"
                              BPEL: 7.3"
                              MEG: 5.51"

Comment

Working...
                              X