Did I bruise an ego?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I bruise an ego?

So i went to the bar last night and there was a band with a really talented hot female lead singer. Everyone was watching her all night and we seemed to make quite a bit of eye contact while she was on stage.

The thing is, my friend who is very shy was there and reacted to her in a way ive never seen him react to a woman before, he developed this huge crush in a matter of an hour. He even went up to her to tell her how good he thought she was, which is very rare.

After he went up to her, (he was supposed to ask her for her number but he went and talked to her for 5 seconds tops and ducked into the bathroom) I went up to her and said "excuse me, my friend just came up and talked to you, hes the tall guy in the red hoody. Hes really shy but he seems to have taken a liking to you. It would make him feel great and give his confidence a huge boost if you would give him your number, even a fake number cause hes never going to call it."

and she flipped out. She got mad and told me off, but when i was walking up to her she was all smiles and ready to say hi.

I couldnt figure it out but one of my female friends we were with said she probably wanted me to ask her out and being the lead singer shes used to being the center of attention and I burised her ego. After that I kinda got drunk and pissed off and then I pulled a dick move, I went and hit on one of her friends she was with and ended up taking her home instead.

I was gonna ask her out too, we kept staring at each other, and usually i was matching her stare, which is a very good sign, but my buddy really liked her and Ive been where he was before and watching one of my friends pick up a girl i liked and him taking her home would just suck..

So can you give me any other reason for why she reacted this way and refused? I mean I thought i was doing a nice thing, and her friend thought so too lol.

Sounds like it is her problem, you tried to do a good thing in hooking up your friend, you ended up getting laid and she had a pissed off moment and probably ended up alone and upset so I see it as karma at its best.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

She kind of sounds like a bitch. Who cares why she did it, you got laid and you kept the bro code with your buddy.
      13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
      10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
      link 2000's Links

Comment

lol to be honest Im just trying to find a possible cause that isnt so egotistical on my part. Im sure tink will be able to put me in check and give me a reason ive yet to think of.

Comment

No friend of mine should set me up like that. Stay out of the fake match making business. Humiliation goes deep. If a guy came up to me with that immature set up I would want to save his friend from him.
          Also for a shy guy or any guy to get a crush on her is not rare. Any guy would. She was talented and hot. I stopped reading your post after she got mad at you. If you thought she was mad because she wanted you then you both are lost. This is just sad, manipulative and immature.
          The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by phil88 View Post
            Im sure tink will be able to put me in check and give me a reason ive yet to think of.
            I don't know on that one. You may want to post over in "A Lead Singer's Perspective" (unless Tinkerbell happens to be one of those as well ).

Take care, and good for you looking out for the shy dude!

Crunch

Comment

If a girl came up to you saying "Hey my friend over there likes you but she's shy, so just give her your number okay? To make her happy even if it's a fake one, I doubt she will call anyway."
              Wouldn't you seem a lil insulted from that? Because I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve23 View Post
                If a girl came up to you saying "Hey my friend over there likes you but she's shy, so just give her your number okay? To make her happy even if it's a fake one, I doubt she will call anyway."
                Wouldn't you seem a lil insulted from that? Because I would.
                I would give her a fake number, and then another piece of paper with my real number on it. Smile, and say - "Here is the one for your friend to not call, but to feel good about, and here is my number for you to actually call. You're really sweet."

I wouldn't go off on a pride laden tantrum because I'm so self centered I can't see past my own nose like the chick in the story seemed to be.

B
                link 2000's Links

Comment

Originally posted by islander View Post
                  No friend of mine should set me up like that. Stay out of the fake match making business. Humiliation goes deep. If a guy came up to me with that immature set up I would want to save his friend from him.
                  Also for a shy guy or any guy to get a crush on her is not rare. Any guy would. She was talented and hot. I stopped reading your post after she got mad at you. If you thought she was mad because she wanted you then you both are lost. This is just sad, manipulative and immature.
                  I dont understand what your saying. But you seem very offended like she was so would you mind calmly explaining to me WHY i was in the wrong, without expecting me to know better on my own or without a berating tone of exasperation? My friend still has no idea I did it, i mean that would defeat the purpose would it not? I wasnt setting anyone up, I was hoping she would make him feel better about himself in these situations and he might start making more moves on his own. She clearly did not need any help as she had the pick of the bar, with the exception of me so the only reason left rationally is she either wanted me to ask her out, or at the very least expects EVERY guy to be drooling over her and asking her out.

As for a girl reversing the situation on me, I wouldnt take the number, id walk right up to the shy girl and start a conversation and try to show her she doesnt need to be shy. I would also be flattered and quite complimented by the fact that I was able to bring about that reaction from someone who normally is to shy to make any move at all.
                  Last edited by phil88; 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM. Reason: added islanders qoute, also changed logical to rationally for experimental purposes :)

Comment

Maybe when you said "Give him your number, even a fake number, as a confidence boost because he's never going to call it" is what set her off. Maybe she's thinking, "What kind of a friend says that about them? What would he say about me?"
                    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

I dont understand what your saying. But you seem very offended like she was so would you mind calmly explaining to me WHY i was in the wrong, without expecting me to know better on my own or without a berating tone of exasperation? My friend still has no idea I did it, i mean that would defeat the purpose would it not? I wasnt setting anyone up, I was hoping she would make him feel better about himself in these situations and he might start making more moves on his own. She clearly did not need any help as she had the pick of the bar, with the exception of me so the only reason left logically is she either wanted me to ask her out, or at the very least expects EVERY guy to be drooling over her and asking her out.
                      OMG. I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard. Bro, you might as well have told Islander she's being irrational! Sooooo, not the right thing to say.
                      TheSnitch
                      Last edited by TheSnitch; 05-11-2012, 10:49 AM.

B
                      link 2000's Links

Comment

Phil, no I can't explain calmly sorry. Carry on...
                        The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

well her response is perfect, it matches the singers quite well and seems to be based on perception of my personality rather then the circumstance itself, which would definitely clear up my confusion. I think she was offended not only because I did not ask for her number but she thought I believed I could get it if i wanted it and was placing myself above her, even though I was actually genuinely trying to help my buddy out, hes like my best friend lol.

Comment

I believed I could get it if i wanted it

This is actually true. lol, I think im gonna have to go see her again and apologize.

Comment

well her response is perfect, it matches the singers quite well and seems to be based on perception of my personality rather then the circumstance itself, which would definitely clear up my confusion. I think she was offended not only because I did not ask for her number but she thought I believed I could get it if i wanted it and was placing myself above her, even though I was actually genuinely trying to help my buddy out, hes like my best friend lol.
                              No offense but I agree with Islander, you're thinking a little too highly of yourself. She's not mad because you didn't want her number. I know you were trying to be a good friend, but if a friend did that to me I would be pissed about it. You pretty much told her that your friend has no confidence and needs all the help he can get. Would you be happy if a good friend said that about you behind your back? If someone came up to me asking to give their friend a fake number because he's not even confident enough to call it I'd tell them to piss off and probably go tell the friend to get some better friends.

And then on top of that you act pretty full of yourself saying that she's mad because you didn't want her. I totally understand why Islanders upset.
                              PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Working...
                              X