Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding period cycle

Dear PeGym,

Can a woman get pregnant on the 8th day of her cycle even though a condom was used during sexual intercourse ? There was no sexual intercourse during her ovulation cycle as well (14th till 19 day of the cycle).

According to the period tracking app I have, my fertile window starts 10 days into my cycle. So I guess it would depend on how long her cycle typically is because that would determine her particular fertile window. Sperm can live inside a woman's body for 3-5 days so if there was an issue with the condom and some sperm actually did enter her, then depending on her average cycle and window I'd say there's a definite chance.

Comment

There's an app for that? You got to be kidding!
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Care to share the name of the app?
        Starting 2014: BPEL 4.75" MEG 4.5"
        2016: BPEL 5.875" MEG 4.55"
        2017: BPEL 6.375" MEG 4.55"
        2018: No gains
        Q2 2019: No gains
        Q1 2020: BPEL 6.40" MEG 5"

Goals:
        BPEL: 7"
        MEG: 5"

Star Progress Log:
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...ml#post1185962

Comment

It appears to just be called Period Calendar/Tracker. On my phone it's icon just says "My Calendar".
          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...periodcalendar

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
            There's an app for that? You got to be kidding!
            Someone actually set me up to receive emails from an app like that, so I'd know when to tread lightly. No kidding.
            The difference between a winner and loser is, I don't date losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Laid_A_Lot View Post
              Dear PeGym,

Can a woman get pregnant on the 8th day of her cycle even though a condom was used during sexual intercourse ? There was no sexual intercourse during her ovulation cycle as well (14th till 19 day of the cycle).
              Ever here the expression "life always finds a way"? Depending on why you are trying to determine this, the answer is different, but still the same. A woman can get pregnant any time during any month. Yes, it's more scientifically complicated than that. But I've seen/known/heard of enough situations where a woman wasn't supposed to be able to get knocked up but did anyway. Weird things happen with the human body. So if you're trying to avoid a baby, this is a word of warning. If you're trying to have one, it's a word of encouragement. The use of a condom is only relevant in terms of the percentage of time that a condom is normally effective. So if it's 99%, then that does change regardless of fertility at the time of use.

Now if you're worried, I'd say, with a condom, sounds really really really unlikely. Though even a single precum sperm could potentially survive freakishly long and get in there, it's beyond the realm of reasonable possibility.

Well, whatever it is you're hoping for. Good luck!

Comment

If you would like to know how many children you are going to have, here's a fun personality quiz that may be of interest to you.

How Many Kids Are You Going To Have?
                drfrankencock
                Member of the Month Oct 2014
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by drfrankencock; 11-22-2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Umm you used a condom, the rest is irrelevant.

Comment

According to U.S. Centers for Disease Control estimates, condom failure rate can be as high as 18% typical use failure rate.

http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealt...traception.htm

Comment

I the condominium was used properly there is effectively no chance of pregnancy. Now, if there was a problem with the condom use or it tore, then it is possible though still unlikely that she would have gotten pregnant.
                      Initial(9-1-11): BPEL: 7.25", BPSFL: 7.75", EG: 4.75", BEG: 5.25", BPFL: ~5.0", FG: ~4.0"
                      Current(7-1-16): BPEL: 8.375", BPSFL: 8.75", EG: 5.375", BEG: 5.875", BPFL: ~6.625", FG: ~4.75"

Realistic Goal: BPEL: 8.5", EG: 5.5"
                      Idealistic Goal: BPEL: 9.0", EG: 6.0", BPFL: 7.0", FL: 5.0"

Comment

"women whose partners use male condoms experience a 2% per-year pregnancy rate with perfect use and an 18% per-year pregnancy rate with typical use"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condom

Comment

Originally posted by drfrankencock View Post
                          "women whose partners use male condoms experience a 2% per-year pregnancy rate with perfect use and an 18% per-year pregnancy rate with typical use"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condom
                          Do you get all your info from wiki?

Comment

Condom failure generally is the result of improper use, storage, age (old Condoms) and incompatible lubricants.

Drunk usage, Vaseline etc.

In 40 years of constant use, personally I have NEVER had a Condom Failure.
                            “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

It's amazing how many men don't know how to put a condom on properly though. I'd say at least half of the guys I've been with will try to have the tip stretched tight across - when I see them do this I just take over and do it myself, and then tell them why after - no point in breaking the mood and telling them oh by the way you're using this wrong.

That little reservoir tip is there for a reason, that's where the ejaculate goes so it has to still be there when the condom is on. Proper procedure is to pinch that tip closed while you put the condom on, that way the tip doesn't get stretched over the head of the penis and there's no air pocket in there. If you just unroll the condom onto the penis and don't pinch the tip of the condom then even if you do make sure to leave the tip intact/unstretched there can still be air in there, and the added pressure from that air pocket can cause tears in the condom during the force of ejaculation.

Comment

Working...
                              X